I Hate Converted Pets.

This idea was really stupid on the behalf of TNT. Yeah, so what if you can now customize your Neopet and buy it NC items and stuff. The majority of us like the old styles better, I have only seen a few people in favor of pet conversion. Another thing I hate about converted pets other than the fact that some of the poses suck is that since they only have one pose ( their expression and moods can change though), Battledome fights are really lame now, its basically not even a fight, its more like a staring contest between your pet and the opponent. Some of the new poses are alright, such as the Zafara and Aisha, and Draik, but for the most part they suck. Look at the UC Striped Shoyru. The colors are really bright and vivid and stand out, but on the new converted version, they are far more dull. And, there was no point in converting the Baby, Maraquan and Mutant pets since they can't wear clothes anyway.

A lot of us prefer the converted pets, but those who dislike them are more vocal about it :P

People really need to let unconverted pets go. They won't be brought back. It would be like buying a computer in 2014 and installing Windows 95. I wish (and I bet TNT does too) that they had just converted all the pets rather than leaving some, because leaving a select few has caused nothing but headaches.

A lot of us prefer the converted pets, but those who dislike them are more vocal about it :P

People really need to let unconverted pets go. They won't be brought back. It would be like buying a computer in 2014 and installing Windows 95. I wish (and I bet TNT does too) that they had just converted all the pets rather than leaving some, because leaving a select few has caused nothing but headaches.

TNT could add an option to unconvert your pet, though, so we can all win. Those of us who like converted pets can have them, and those of us who prefer UCs can have them. Its a win-win.

EDIT: There's also a Neoboard title that says " Unconverted pets are best" but unfortunately its only available to users who's accounts are aged 12 years or older.

But if TNT added an option to unconvert your pet, the Pound Chat and the entire Neopets Trading System would pretty much be messed up. :p

I personally like converted pets because they give us the ability to customize your pets, but to each their own. If you want an option to unconvert your pet, I suggest suggesting that to TNT -- you never know. :)

I've never seen a comparison between UC/C pets. The only one I've really seen is Lutari (swimming versus its current position). That, I agree, is rather horrid.

I, too, would like the pets to do something more than have a staring contest in the BD, but I can only think of how much work that would make for TNT! They'd never agree to it.

TNT have said categorically and several times that they won't give the option to unconvert pets. In fairness, I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of players (myself included) actually couldn't give a toss and therefore converted pets make no difference. It's done, it's dusted and in reality there's no point whining about it because they aren't going to change back no matter what. There are still some around so that'll have to do...and at least TNT have made them unaffected by colour changing events like booshi which would be a real nightmare.

TNT have said categorically and several times that they won't give the option to unconvert pets. In fairness, I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of players (myself included) actually couldn't give a toss and therefore converted pets make no difference. It's done, it's dusted and in reality there's no point whining about it because they aren't going to change back no matter what. There are still some around so that'll have to do...and at least TNT have made them unaffected by colour changing events like booshi which would be a real nightmare.

But if TNT runs out of things to add to the site, they might add an unconversion option.

I feel you. I remember when I re-joined the site less than a year ago and seeing what changes converting had on your pet(s)...it was a bit sad. With the exception of a few colors (Maraquan comes to mind), it seems like they're all kind of the same now. I was especially heartbroken over the faerie color.

It's great for the people who are really into customization, and I've seen some really cool and funny ones as a result. It'd be nice if they could add an option to unconvert your pet, but I imagine that would be very time consuming for TNT. I mean, they're still working on the Battledome right? And that's been going on for a while now...

I had no idea what Ratatoing was, so I had to look it up. Good grief. D:

Ratatouille, on the other hand, perhaps wouldn't be so bad lol.

Ratatouille is actually pretty good, you should watch it if you haven't seen it. Its made by Pixar and Disney. Now, back to Neopets. I really miss all the UC Kyriis, especially Desert and Christmas. Such a shame they converted all but a few colors. Darigan, Plushie, Grey, Royal, and Faerie are the only colors that remain Unconverted for Kyriis.

I've been on Neopets for 12 years and I personally also like unconverted pets better. I was just trying to pick a colour to paint my pets but they all looked kinda weird. :-( But change is inevitable so I'm okay with it. When I was 9 years old on Neopets I would have LOVED dressing up my pets but now I'm just not that good at it.

What if TNT ran out of money and started making Neopets 3D animated and they were Ratatoing quality?

I don't think that people are really requesting 3D animated pets. Before the conversion, the most requested feature was the ability to customize pets. TNT did what the users asked them to do, and I think they did it in the best way possible. It is still possible to get an unconverted pet. It would take a long time and a lot of work, but the option is still there.

TNT is in a really difficult position. They obviously do not like unconverted pets, because even the existing unconverted pets make their jobs more difficult. It is impossible for them to make the users that care the most about unconverted pets happy. If it was possible to buy an unconverted pet (which seems to be the most suggested option), the users that currently have unconverted pets would be furious. For a lot of people, those pets represent years playing Neopets and millions of neopoints.

EDIT: There's also a Neoboard title that says " Unconverted pets are best" but unfortunately its only available to users who's accounts are aged 12 years or older.

I've always considered that to be a bit of a dig at the unconverted and trading people, who seem to spend a good portion of their time pestering TNT. As an occasional trading person, I am definitely willing to admit I would be annoyed with us if I was TNT.

But if TNT runs out of things to add to the site, they might add an unconversion option.

Once they're out of normal site content site content, plots, wars, new colours, new items, Altador cup, GMC, Daily Dare, new games, battledome and the million other things they have on their hands you mean? It's never going to happen.

What if TNT ran out of money and started making Neopets 3D animated and they were Ratatoing quality?

If TNT ran out of money they'd shut the whole thing down - they're a corporate company at the end of the day. But the only way that would happen is if all premium players stopped playing premium, everyone stopped buying neocash AND everyone blocked adverts. Again, never gonna happen.

But as far as unconverted pets are, TNT can't bring them back now even if they wanted to - which they clearly don't. The existing owners of UC pets would be furious because of how much time, effort and work that they have put into gaining their current pets. Additionally, from their perspective it would mess up the customisation process which is where they get a fair amount of neocash from - it's a no brainer as far as they are concerned. Even more so when although those who are really pro UC are more vocal than those of us who couldn't give a toss, they are still in the minority. TNT also have new users to contend with who never saw or had UC pets so care even less than old hands who aren't bothered. It's not just low priority; it isn't a priority at all for them.

I hated when they automatically converted a majority of the pets. I found that very unfair! They should let the users decide whether to convert or not (which they had done in the beginning). I think that's why people are still vocal about it.

I had 2 unconverted pets, but one is on an account I no longer have access to (lost password and gave up trying to recover the account) and the other pet was stolen (just made a board on that).

I wouldn't mind if the pets weren't so ugly. Honestly, I think 80-95% of neopets now are super ugly. But I like playing the games on neopets, which is why i still go on

But as far as unconverted pets are, TNT can't bring them back now even if they wanted to - which they clearly don't. The existing owners of UC pets would be furious because of how much time, effort and work that they have put into gaining their current pets.

I know TNT will never bring back UC pets ($$$$), but I don't understand this part of the post? Users of unconverted pets would get angry? even when I was an owner of UC pets, I really wished that someday TNT would give users a revert option, just so that my pets would get left alone.

I thought getting $ or NPs for pets was against the rules? Tsk tsk

I know TNT will never bring back UC pets ($$$$), but I don't understand this part of the post? Users of unconverted pets would get angry? even when I was an owner of UC pets, I really wished that someday TNT would give users a revert option, just so that my pets would get left alone.

I thought getting $ or NPs for pets was against the rules? Tsk tsk

People do buy UC pets, but that doesn't mean that the people that get them legitimately didn't spend their time, np, and even real money to get them.

Unconverted pets are a big deal for pet traders. You can trade unconverted pets just like people trade converted pets. It's much more competitive, but it is pretty much the same idea. Right now, the only way that people can trade a converted pet for an unconverted pet is to essentially have the perfect pet. Some combination of an extremely good name, very high battledome stats, and an expensive paint job are necessary now. The paint brush and battledome stats cost np and time. For a custom paint job, it might also involve a lot of real money spent on Faerie Quest Fortune Cookies.