Does This Seem Fishy To You?

SophieEA

I don't know if I'm allowed to name the user, but I'm looking at their lookup right now and they're at 1 month (started playing Jan 4th) and they have 45 game trophies (not site/other). Game. 45. In 39 days. Are you even serious right now.

Is this...even...humanly possible? o.o It just seems really suspect to me. They also have the BGC avvie but they could have been lent that by a close friend/etc. That's not as baffling as the game trophies.

(Also if this topic isn't allowed, please let me know, I did read the forum rules before I posted this and left the username out just to be sure.)

It's really hard for to tell for certain. If you have reason to suspect that they're cheating somehow (getting that many trophies is definitely unusual, but for people who have been playing those games for years... well, it's not impossible!) you can always report them, and TNT can deal with it. If it's nothing, you won't be penalised, and neither will they, but you can bring it to their attention.

neo[Removed] is just dumb. Why would anyone want some bot playing games for them? That is no fun. Just to collect trophies that THEY didn't even win. The whole fun of neopets is to play the games, and winning trophies on your own.

neo[Removed] is just dumb. Why would anyone want some bot playing games for them? That is no fun. Just to collect trophies that THEY didn't even win. The whole fun of neopets is to play the games, and winning trophies on your own.

I knew someone that had his trophies just to show them off and have a pro looking account. He didn't really care if he earned them himself or not. I think it was just a part of his scheme to get easier/better deals on items.

This makes me curious. If the account is that new and they have that many trophies, then they should still show up on the hi-scores tables. Right? At least that would tell you that they were playing the games. But what I'm wondering is... if you design your own user page, is it possible to put the trophies up falsely? You know, sort of like how people put up user-made shields for how long they've been playing on neopets?

I always wonder about those accounts. Maybe its a old user new account? But that still is insane to have that many trophies. I only have a few game ones lol

The lady J. I think you can do that too. Make it seem like you can an awesome account but really don't.

This makes me curious. If the account is that new and they have that many trophies, then they should still show up on the hi-scores tables. Right? At least that would tell you that they were playing the games. But what I'm wondering is... if you design your own user page, is it possible to put the trophies up falsely? You know, sort of like how people put up user-made shields for how long they've been playing on neopets?

That is possible with Userlookup coding, unfortunately that's also against the rules and can also be reported :)

Well, there is a guy that scored 990 on Advert attack. I reported him but nothing have happened yet. He obviously cheated, finishing every round in one second, which is impossible. It's kinda funny because the same day that I reported him, it seems like it brought the attention to me, and I got banned falsely.

Can you actually get 45 trophies in 39 days? Yes, you can. I've gotten 9 of them in 2 weeks and it's not like I am that great, I just know which game I have a trophy potential. There are many games out there, you just gotta look for the ones you are good at. I am very bad at platform games, but I am pretty good at this and that, etc. They let a lot of OBVIOUS cheaters get away, and they make a lot of mistakes toward legit players. It just seems like they don't give a about their player base.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not use curse words in your posts. These have been removed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.