problems raising defence!

I got given a lvl 1 battle dome pet with insane high hit rate, now i'm trying to raise his defence so he's less squishy, but every time i go to train i'm told i need to raise his lvl first! having done this 26 times now, i'm getting a tad fed up wasting my codestones, can anyone tell me a way i can raise his defence lvl withput raising his lvl yet again?!

This is him, http://www.neopets.com/quickref.phtml his defence stands at 9 atm -_- anyone who can help will be showered with joy! :D (if i linked the wrong thing, apologies!)

Assuming that your Neopets account is valenshyne and the pet you're talking about is Chlorophyllic, you're probably going to need at least Level 70-ish before you can train defense.

You can train at the Swashbuckling academy, which is cheaper but more time, or you can use stat-increasers like an Armoured Negg. :)

i did try the armoured negg, blooming pet wouldn't eat it! well, guess it's back to dubloons and codestones for me! lol, and yes, your assumptions are right! :)

thank you for the reply, it's good to know roughly when i can actually up his dang defence!

i did try the armoured negg, blooming pet wouldn't eat it! well, guess it's back to dubloons and codestones for me! lol, and yes, your assumptions are right! :)

thank you for the reply, it's good to know roughly when i can actually up his dang defence!

Try again to feed him the negg... but before doing so, change your language to something else. (One of the asian characters usually ends up working.)

I got given a lvl 1 battle dome pet with insane high hit rate, now i'm trying to raise his defence so he's less squishy, but every time i go to train i'm told i need to raise his lvl first! having done this 26 times now, i'm getting a tad fed up wasting my codestones, can anyone tell me a way i can raise his defence lvl withput raising his lvl yet again?!

This is him, http://www.neopets.com/quickref.phtml his defence stands at 9 atm -_- anyone who can help will be showered with joy! :D (if i linked the wrong thing, apologies!)

Another tip: the link you gave us is the link to the Quick Ref page; each person that opens it will see their own pets, not yours. If you want to link to your pet, you have to go to your pet's lookup and use that address, like so: http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Chlorophyllic

;)

I see your pet has 378 hitpoints, you'll need to be a higher then level 70 before you can train anything else. You need to divide your HP by 2 (I believe), that's the level your pet needs to be before you can train anything else.

I know the HP are supposed to be allowed to 3 times the level before you can train again, but I had to train my level all the way to 337 (HP are 673) before I was able to train defense again, that's why I said divide by 2.

Edited by Duma

Strength and defense can be a maximum of double your level and HP can be a max of triple your level. If any one of these stats reaches that point, you will be unable to train ANYTHING else until you raise your level. For example, your level is 10, STR is 15, DEF is 17 and HP is 30. HP is triple your level, so nothing can be trained, even though DEF and STR are under their x2 limit, until you raise your level. Therefore, at 378 HP, your level would need to be at least 127 to begin training anything other than level (378/3=126, which would be exactly 1/3 your HP at which point the training gets locked, so you need more than 126 level).

A quick warning on Deadly Dice, it's also very easy to lose levels if you have a lot of ties with Von Roo. So player-beware. ;) I've lost I think, 16 levels to Von Roo, this was ages ago, but it did happen. The most levels I've gained from Von Roo is 8.

Yeah the problem with the HP being 3x the level while the stats can only be 2x the level, is that the HP exceeds 2x the level, you must train level until the level/HP ratio is back to HP = 2x Level, to be able to train any other stat again. I found that out the hard way. LOL

That's why I keep my pet's HP, STR and DEF balanced at as close to 2x the level as possible.

If you really need level, and have good luck. Try scratching off Terror Trove or Faeries Fortune Scratchcards on Terror Mountain. 3 UP Arrows = 1 level. I believe that you can scratch 5 cards per day. You can also gain levels, as a random prize, from Kitchen Quests on Mystery Island. You can complete 10 Kitchen Quests per day. If a quest is too expensive, feel free to let the time expire and try again after time has elapsed. Expired quests do not count toward your 10 completed quests per day. You can also get NP, Item prizes, and 1-point increases for HP, Def, Str, Speed, as well as Level.

I hope this helps!