Games Master Challenge: Sun vs Moon!

hrtbrk

The game that was glitched yesterday was extended - it's still awarding a gold check mark for completion until noon NST today. So, any games deemed glitched will probably be extended today, too. If nothing else, we should have extra time on the challenge that isn't awarding prizes right now. Still holding out hope that they'll fix Rink Runner. I play that game as a daily and have never reached that score, so I can't imagine how hard it is for someone who has no experience.

same here. I start the timer without even trying first since in all the other game I got the score pretty quick. Alas, the highest score I get is 98. What is worst is the fact that it's timer game. And then there is the first challenge glitch, arrrh.

More glitches -_-

At least Rink Runner has been fixed. The needed score is 44 now, so I finished that one pretty quickly.

Won't bother trying the Try To Keep Your Cool games until we're sure the glitches have been fixed, I don't want to waste my time.

Tackling Snowball Fight now... High score is only 420. Hopefully it won't be too difficult to bring it up to 665...

Edit: They fixed Snowball Fight too! Now we only need a score of 350. Thanks TNT :laughingsmiley:

And you can now complete the Try To Keep Your Cool challenge too

What a relief. I was going to give up and just curl up into a ball and cry with today's challenges if they didn't bring down the score for Snowball Fight as well as Rink Runner. My high score is 295 so I still need to improve. Hopefully I can do it.

I haven't even tried the other two games.

LOL I love how someone totally messed this up by putting the Game IDs into the [Removed]D. Too busy celebrating Thanksgiving I guess.

Be glad that the ID for Rink Runner wasn't 400. If it was, people would start rioting. :)

imagine games like Rink Runner with ID's of 1070 xD On the other hand, no one would have complained if it was ID 10 XD

I'm glad it's fixed though, for Rink Runner that score was out of reach for me too. Tried really hard, improved my own High Score *Proud* but could not get to 200.

In the end, all is fine and all is fixed and all my games are done for today. :laughingsmiley:

Jcpet, I really struggled with Let it Slide too.

What worked for me was just continuing to try and each time I got further and further. With each try, I became more comfortable with what was happening and could move through more quickly while picking up more gems than the previous time.

Also, ignore the timer and take your time. If you pick up as many gems as possible, you can get over 500 points without completing the level, so you don't need to worry about the points you'd get from time left over.

Sorry, new here *apologetic grimace*

I thought just completing each challenge on the day was enough for the GMC perfect trophy...

Or am I wrong? Do I need to do the four bonus thingies as well??

You don't need to do the bonuses for the trophy.

The other trick for Let It Slide is to take your time and try not to lose too many lives. (You get bonus points at the end of each level for each life you have left -- which is really nice if you can get both extra lives.)

I completed all my bonuses today. I favorited the four required games, and rotated through them (along with a fifth quick game), so that I was able to get the Quintet challenge done without playing too many extra games.

You don't need to do the bonuses for the trophy.

Thanks! I do quite a few anyway, want Team Moon to win. Wasn't doing them all, though. Can't handle more ice today, to be honest. Rink Roller has me hating ice skating now...

Let it Slide is a cool game really. You don't need the time bonus to get the score. Take your time moving slowly.

Snowball Fight is easy because there is no time limit. Tips: Take your time and make sure your supply is always over 30 in case you hit faeries by accident.

Snow Roller is Turmac Roll on crack. The non-intuitive orientation of the game is ugh.

Done! Snowball Fight gave me the worst time. All told it only took me three hours to complete all the challenges. Not too bad. Good luck everyone!

Tips for Let it Slide? I can't get 500!!! Also haven't tried Snow Roller yet. Sigh. Each day only gets worse. I don't like a single one of the games today!

I use the opposite strategy of most people here. I don't go out of my way to collect any gems and just try to avoid danger and move as quickly as possible. You should have ~750 points after finishing level 1 without too much trouble.

wow - even with all glitches considered - i am still up to date and have yellow ticks for everything.

i think this is my best GMC performance ever. I'm going to go rack up some scores on qualifying games now, in case that is a challenge tomorrow.

I should probably also submit scores for bonuses for the last two days, but i wasted way too much time on glitches and don't have the motivation!

great job everyone :D

I made the score of 44 on Rink Runner but it says I haven't completed it.. Anyone else having this problem?

I started the timer and everything so that can't be it..

EDIITT:

I'm thinking it was a glitch because I just sent a score of 47 and it counted! Thanks anyway everyone!!

I seriously need tips for Snow Roller! That game is just to FAST :sad01_anim:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not use curse words in your posts. These have been removed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I seriously need tips for Snow Roller! That game is just to FAST :sad01_anim:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not use curse words in your posts. These have been removed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

For Snow Roller I stopping looking at my points and focused on the game. Remember to use spacebar to jump over the obstacles and reading a game guide will probably be beneficial. That's what I did and I managed to go from a 846 to a 2280. :)

Keep trying, you got this!