Spooky Food Eating Contest: Claim Your Prizes!

hrtbrk

I am pretty sure I did max out the cheering though because I enjoyed it and I was able to do it quite easily ..did everything else too chose scarlet went for the first option at the end .. cant work out anything at all that I did not do opened all doors etc .. odd isnt it

The only thing that would make sense is that everyone who didn't get the petpet (myself included!) didn't actually max out the cheering every day. It was a while ago (over a month! :O), and let's be honest, most people's memories aren't that good! I thought at first that I had maxed out the cheering, but now I'm pretty sure there was at least one day that I only cheered 15 or so times. Ce la vie, I guess!

I got the petpet but I'm fairly sure I didn't max out on cheering on the first day. I could be remembering it wrong though... I'm so confused as to how they distributed the prizes. I got all the prizes but I know I didn't get nearly as far on the catacombs as some other people did.

I am wondering if the monsters were given out at random with a certain amount just going out .. suppose in a way its better than giving it to everyone because then it would just end up as pretty worthless

I got the petpet but I'm fairly sure I didn't max out on cheering on the first day. I could be remembering it wrong though... I'm so confused as to how they distributed the prizes. I got all the prizes but I know I didn't get nearly as far on the catacombs as some other people did.

Well, there was 1.5 days for the first day, to make it fair to people who are in other time zones- so perhaps you did max out, but not all on the same actual day?

Someone on the charter board was polling people, and the only thing that seems to be consistant is that people who did max out everything, and do everything daily. It seems that getting a high number of catacomb levels completed doesn't matter, as long as you did some levels every day.

*shrugs* It may be that it was glitched, and that there were people that /did/ complete everything and should have gotten the petpet, but I donno. This seems the most logical?

Of course, there's still the mystery of why some people didn't get the avatar as well. :/

Well, there was 1.5 days for the first day, to make it fair to people who are in other time zones- so perhaps you did max out, but not all on the same actual day?

Someone on the charter board was polling people, and the only thing that seems to be consistant is that people who did max out everything, and do everything daily. It seems that getting a high number of catacomb levels completed doesn't matter, as long as you did some levels every day.

*shrugs* It may be that it was glitched, and that there were people that /did/ complete everything and should have gotten the petpet, but I donno. This seems the most logical?

Of course, there's still the mystery of why some people didn't get the avatar as well. :/

Right, that's a good point. I had forgotten that there were 1.5 days at the start, so maybe I did max out after all.

Doing a level every day would make sense, because I did complete at least one level every day even though I wasn't as far as some of the others.

I had thought that maybe the avatar was for those who cheered for Scarlet, but it seems like some people who didn't cheer for her still got it. Who knows!

I suppose there's no point in complaining to TNT. They never listen to anyone about anything. I considered writing to their advertisers, but since it's just little ol' me, there's not enough weight behind it for them to care about putting pressure on TNT to fix it and hand out things appropriately instead of randomly. I mean, that must be how they determined it. It was my first ever plot, I went through every single step and I feel like I got punished instead of rewarded. Why should I bother with the next one? Seems wrong to me. I feel so badly for all of us that got ripped off after working so hard.

Sorry. Don't mean to vent. It's just so unfair. :sad02:

Big congratulations to everyone who managed to score big and get everything or nearly everything! :rock:

Well, TNT is probably being flooded with questions about the prizes, especially the petpet and the avatar, which seem to be the ones with the most problem. So I'm pretty sure we'll hear from them in next Editoral. It sucks having to wait a week for it, but at least...

I think I got everything. I did get the avatar, petpet, bg, book and toy thingies. I did every step on the day of release. I picked the complicated way of trapping the monster (first option). I got down well past floor 110. The only thing I didn't do was get the max number of items on the first day of cheering.

Ah, so I did complete the first day then! I forgot they start plots/events like that.

I hope those who weren't awarded the avatar are able to get it somehow!

Well...I do really like the wearables. I got everything but the petpet. In retrospect, I'm rather glad I decided to only do a few floors of the catacombs a day instead of making a big effort.

I really wish I hadn't gone so far in the floors - If the petpet was determined by whether you did everything the day of release, then I wasn't elligible from the beginning as I missed the start and then had to play catch up for the flowers, too. I'm not sure what determined the avatar, but I am really glad I received it. I hope there's a chance for those who didn't get it to be able to attain it, maybe next year?

You guys act like you got nothing just because you didn't get the avatar. That wasn't the ONLY prize, but it's still unfair that only some people got it. Maybe there should never have been an avatar, then nobody would get it. But then everyone would complain there was never an avatar and go "I WASTED ALL THIS TIME FOR NOTHING" even though you got 10k or 15k in NPS, and some items. Sure, I would have loved a rare and expensive Battledome item from this, but there never was one.

I ended up getting all of the prizes (first time I've ever managed getting all of the prizes for any site event like this). I'm unsure if I maxed out the cheering on day one, but might have due to the whole 1.5 day thing. I know for a fact that I maxed out every other day. I cheered for Myrtle, though. I did all of the flower puzzles on day of release. I got up to floor 117 or so, and I opened every single door on nearly all of the levels (excluding the runic doors). I'd say that from floor 1 to floor 88, I opened every door. From there on, I just kind of tried to barrel through the floors, though opened all sporadically throughout. And I did open all doors on the floor that I caught the monster. I chose the first option for catching. I participated in every step every day of the event.

Hopefully this might help anyone trying to figure out what's going down with the prizes.

Let me just say this, I am VERY HAPPY with the prizes I got. I love the background especially. I'm bummed about missing out on the petpet and avatar though. I think what people are upset about, me included, is feeling like they are not rewarded for their efforts with no explanation as to why. I literally sat down in front of my computer for HOURS and in one case almost an entire day going through those catacombs. I did it because I love Neopets, it was fun (although tedious at times), and all of us on TDN had a great time posting about our progress. To think that NONE of those levels had anything to do with the prizes is maddening. If all that mattered was cheering fifteen times a day to get the most desired prizes, I wasted a lot of my time. TNT usually rewards those who give it their all, and I believe in this case, they fell short.

Now, all that being said, life is unfair sometimes. I am not going to dwell too much or really freak out. It's just a shame is all.

Y'all talking about the avatar, you sound like a child that complaining because they got 24 presents during winter solstice, but didn't get the 25th one that even if they had it, they'd play with it for about 15 minutes and eventually it would get dumped into the bag for distribution at the community center. How long would you play with that avatar, you can't sell it, you can't trade it, it would just sit in your electronic darkness forgotten and ignored until the day you grow weary of this place. Then it would evaporate with the account purge.

You also likely got pinata and paintbrushes that can be sold or used, scores of books to horde, all kind of fun things. By dang, so start playing with your toys or word to the Creator I am going to just package this stuff up and give it to the poor Chippewa children whom might appreciate these nice things.