Spooky Food Eating Contest Begins!

hrtbrk

Last two prizes, a cursed elix and a T. morphing potion. As a battledome weapon, the flood of cursed elxs are going to be interesting. Twenty points health steal acts as a 40 points unblockable attack plus those three physical attack icons which are icing on the ice cream. If the price goes down further, it might well become the de facto beginner healer.

Well, I'm happy- I got the last stamp that they're giving out that I didn't have! :D I got my second Ghost PB as well- shame they're so cheap now. :(

Even if you get a good prize, the value of the items is dropping by the hour. You'd have to get extremely lucky to get something worth something substantial.

I know. If I did get something good, I'd probably wait almost a year before selling.

Same here, won my 3rd good item today, zombie pb yay! and it's stored in my sdb for now with the intention of selling later. I'll probably forget about it like with everything. When I feel like cleaning that box, it will probably be a nice surprise I have those things :p

Zombie paintbrushes have a certain appeal around the time of All Saints Day, some pagan celebration occurs that peaks interest in zombies and ghosts and the like, so I'm not sure that waiting is the best strategy. In fact, people often panic buy right after an event, before prices drop more in line with supply and demand.

Alas, I've only gotten four morph potions, sold one for 20k. One ghost paintbrush, five cursed elxs and a single stamp.

Did it always end this early?

I'm pretty sure that it was dark outside here when it ended for the day yesterday. @_@;;

I actually only started cheering two days ago (?) so I haven't really gotten anything amazing, but I got a book! O:

I'm cheering for Myrtle. ;_;

Same here, won my 3rd good item today, zombie pb yay! and it's stored in my sdb for now with the intention of selling later. I'll probably forget about it like with everything. When I feel like cleaning that box, it will probably be a nice surprise I have those things :P

Same here. Came back up from cooking dinner and ZOMG. It's also in my SDB. Gonna hoard it for almost a year and then sell it, hopefully the prices will spike back up. I DO have an OC who is a Zombie Ixi, but I'm running out of room for pets so he'll just have to stay an OC. Oh well.

Zombie paintbrushes have a certain appeal around the time of All Saints Day, some pagan celebration occurs that peaks interest in zombies and ghosts and the like, so I'm not sure that waiting is the best strategy. In fact, people often panic buy right after an event, before prices drop more in line with supply and demand.

Alas, I've only gotten four morph potions, sold one for 20k. One ghost paintbrush, five cursed elxs and a single stamp.

Well, there is Day of the Dead which occurs Nov. 1st, and Samhain which IS the original Halloween.

Well, there is Day of the Dead which occurs Nov. 1st, and Samhain which IS the original Halloween.

Actually, Day of the Dead (or All Souls Day) is Nov. 2nd. November 1st is All Saints Day (and Samhain, the Celtic New Year celebration -- during the night between years, the veil between this world and the next was believed to get thinner, and some of the traditions are similar to those of the Mexican Dia de los Muertos celebration, which in some places includes 11/1 as the Day of the Innocents or the Little Angels). Halloween is All Hallows' Eve (i.e., the night before All Hallows, or All Saints, Day, much like Christmas Eve is the night before Christmas Day). And then there's the Day of Skulls in Bolivia, with celebrations on 5/5 and 11/9. And Mischief Night, the Night before Halloween.

So basically, TNT needs to keep up the spooky stuff until mid-November. I'm still hoping for a puzzle next.

Most of the old/Celtic traditions and Holidays have been changed by the church so prevent the people from rising against the church. They wanted to get rid of them as it was blasphemy, but couldn't do that so just changed the meaning of them. But most cultures had similar traditions, many of which are celebrated around equinoxes. With calender changes, the "new year" has been altered but I'm glad to see that still more people than you would think know the origin of it.

The funny thing about Halloween is that it originated from Celts who lived in Europe, during time it got lost here in most countries but the people who moved from Europe to America (Canada/America/Mexico/South-America) didn't want to lose those special days and kept celebrating as a reminder of their origin. Since a few years now, slowly Halloween comes back to Europe and people start to celebrate it again. But a lot of people are against it as they believe it's just something from America being blown over and feel its some kind of hype.

The reason for the dress up on Halloween is, because the veil between this world and the afterlife is thin, people from the underworld and faeries could come into our world. They had food for passed on relatives and dressed like ghosts to ward of evil beings, who could also enter this world.

But I think we're getting a bit off topic. Tomorrow is the last day for the Food Eating contest, I really wonder what's going to happen next.

Most of the old/Celtic traditions and Holidays have been changed by the church so prevent the people from rising against the church. They wanted to get rid of them as it was blasphemy, but couldn't do that so just changed the meaning of them. But most cultures had similar traditions, many of which are celebrated around equinoxes. With calender changes, the "new year" has been altered but I'm glad to see that still more people than you would think know the origin of it.

The funny thing about Halloween is that it originated from Celts who lived in Europe, during time it got lost here in most countries but the people who moved from Europe to America (Canada/America/Mexico/South-America) didn't want to lose those special days and kept celebrating as a reminder of their origin. Since a few years now, slowly Halloween comes back to Europe and people start to celebrate it again. But a lot of people are against it as they believe it's just something from America being blown over and feel its some kind of hype.

The reason for the dress up on Halloween is, because the veil between this world and the afterlife is thin, people from the underworld and faeries could come into our world. They had food for passed on relatives and dressed like ghosts to ward of evil beings, who could also enter this world.

But I think we're getting a bit off topic. Tomorrow is the last day for the Food Eating contest, I really wonder what's going to happen next.

Actually, Day of the Dead (or All Souls Day) is Nov. 2nd. November 1st is All Saints Day (and Samhain, the Celtic New Year celebration -- during the night between years, the veil between this world and the next was believed to get thinner, and some of the traditions are similar to those of the Mexican Dia de los Muertos celebration, which in some places includes 11/1 as the Day of the Innocents or the Little Angels). Halloween is All Hallows' Eve (i.e., the night before All Hallows, or All Saints, Day, much like Christmas Eve is the night before Christmas Day). And then there's the Day of Skulls in Bolivia, with celebrations on 5/5 and 11/9. And Mischief Night, the Night before Halloween.

So basically, TNT needs to keep up the spooky stuff until mid-November. I'm still hoping for a puzzle next.

I do agree that we are going off topic, but yes....Samhain is Halloween's origin. They would also give food out to the faeries who begged for it, else a trick would be played on them (origin of trick or treat). The dressing up in costumes and masks are to confuse spirits and faeries.

I hate being treated as if I don't know anything about Samhain when I know more than you think. I know it's not your intent, but whenever I bring up something like this, I feel that you are all correcting me.

Anyway one last day of cheering and booing. I wish it could last longerrrrrrr!!!!! OnO

Ah, Chaos, strife and bruised feelings, once again my innate abilities inherent from being born in the time between years in the days of the white dog serve me well. (Ha, white dog festival is a reference I am sure no one will ever figure out, not that the white dog is done anymore, nope, nope, nope, we certainly don't do the white dog anymore). (Now, I'll be impressed if anyone is familiar with the white dog).

Has anyone else noticed that a nine icon Rusty Clever is now selling for less than 500 np right now? Cursed Els are less than 9500, certainly becoming the new beginning healer. While I'll accept the criticism if offered that this is more of a battledome point of discussion, that cursed potion in the hands of a low level pets is amazing, with a rusty clever and a potion, my 27 hp "Zap until its a neat colour and then donate" pet was leaving a trail of blood and entrails even on likes of the Tiki Man. Talk about unbalanced souls.

P.S. So how come it is ok to talk religion the when it is Celtic/Egyptian/Earth Mother. The Heka you say. isn't that a Lillith unfair.

P.P.S. FINALLY, at least a got a zombie petpet paintbrush, and on the last day.

Lady Lyuba, your post indicated you know about Samhain; the extra info I posted was more for those who might have no idea what you're talking about! Sorry it came across as directed at you.

Coltom, I mentioned two Catholic religious holidays, All Saints Day and All Souls Day (the Day of Skulls and Day of the Dead traditions have been incorporated into Catholic festivities as well, though that is not their origin). A lot of traditions celebrate death and the dead in the fall when so much of the plant world dies (or goes dormant). I think it's okay to talk about these in the context of a discussion of TNT honoring one of those traditions through its annual Haunted Faire (which this food contest seems to be setting off early this year). These other traditions might inspire additional events (or at least items, such as the various sugar skulls), and it's fun to speculate. At least that's the perspective I'm taking. I don't think TNT would have us leave food out for the dead, picnics in cemeteries, or blessings of skulls. But there could be a puzzle based on figuring out which favorite spooky foods go with each ghost Neopet, to prepare a banquet for them (hinting at the tradition for those who celebrate it).

So far I've gotten all junk today.

well I never did win anything worth much no paint brushes for me sigh !!!

In fact I was just about to sell a halloween paintbrush that I got mid way through the year and was hoping to sell for around 3 million ... which is what they were going for two weeks ago, obviously since they have been given out all over the place its now not worth anything like that much ... sigh so I have lost about 2 million eek

I think I have picked the winner though so Im hoping that I might win something from that

Got a second Tonu potion. I gave my full support the the one I picked today, only been cheering. Less then 12 hours left, I did everything I could, so I'm happy no matter what happens. :)

Burned up my cheering quick. I am so anxious to see who wins! Especially after another disappointing day haha. I rarely pick winners the first time around, so I'm hopeful because she looks like she is doing well this time.

No Halloween PB or Zombie PB, I got 2 ghost PB so in that aspect I'm happy I got something useful, did a Halloween/ghost cross paint of a Techo from lab ray zap so at least someone soon can adopt him.

It seems almost everyone got a Halloween or zombie PB I feel left out unless I'm not the only one.

Out of cheers so hope something good comes from purple moehog guy.