Spooky Food Eating Contest Begins!

hrtbrk

Mandichi, I was first introduced to the concept after doing a countre point to Richard Dawkin's Selfish Gene. You are right that Tragedy of the Commons is more sociology. It even carries over to military science. Again, slightly jumbled brain, and a strange career path, some of which involved jumping out of perfectly good aircraft. *Grin* "We serve so others may live".

As far as battledome weapon, the discussion might need to jump over to the battledome section. At your level, both the cursed elx and a Rusty Cleaver could help you out in the battledome. I was playing around with a "Zap until it gets to be a good colour and then repound" pet that is weaker than yours, and he was able to kick butt up to the level of Tiki Man with a Cursed E and an 9 icon weapon. I was using Bow of the Hegelob, won in a battledome fight.

I don't think I would ever jump out of a perfectly good plane, if I had to pick a path like that I'll be attentive on a nice boat, haha. I haven't heard of Richard Dawkin's Selfish Gene, which I would have assumed we would have covered in my ethical philosophy class. Weird.

Though, I will admit I'm miffed I didn't get a cleaver then. My pet does well with level 30-40 opponents, but it can be a struggle.

*is silently glad that Scarlet hasn't gone up* hahaha. :D

You definitely aren't doing badly! I don't know the details about your set, obviously, but it should do you well for a while longer, and you can start upgrading it little by little as you see fit. :3

Nuuuu, scarrrrrrrrlllllllleeeeeeeet!!

I need to research more battle dome equips, I have the scarab ring, leaf shield and lesser healing scroll. Oh, and static cling.

So... Is the page turning up blank for everyone else? Not that the winner is much of a mystery.

It's 6:55 np time, and still blank :( I want to see who won!!

I don't think I would ever jump out of a perfectly good plane, if I had to pick a path like that I'll be attentive on a nice boat, haha. I haven't heard of Richard Dawkin's Selfish Gene, which I would have assumed we would have covered in my ethical philosophy class. Weird.

Though, I will admit I'm miffed I didn't get a cleaver then. My pet does well with level 30-40 opponents, but it can be a struggle.

Ahem, you can just buy a Cleaver? I invested in Cleavers and the stamps, not at the same level as the cheaters do but hopefully enough to pick up enough bubbling fungi to get to the next strength level.

Richard Dawkins is any interesting read. I will admit I was first drawn to his work because he shares the same last name as my step family (my father's bones were rested upon the ground when I was seven). While he's become a fanatical atheist in his later life, his epiphany about how evolution works not to preserve the individual but to preserve the genes of an individual, therefore sterile worker ants and acts of self-sacrifice can be explained.

Yet strangely, my own culture with its history is the living countre to his work. Or not.

P.S. I didn't get 5000 np, I drained my account before going to the contest, and nada. Could it be because I was on the winning team?

Ahem, you can just buy a Cleaver? I invested in Cleavers and the stamps, not at the same level as the cheaters do but hopefully enough to pick up enough bubbling fungi to get to the next strength level.

Richard Dawkins is any interesting read. I will admit I was first drawn to his work because he shares the same last name as my step family (my father's bones were rested upon the ground when I was seven). While he's become a fanatical atheist in his later life, his epiphany about how evolution works not to preserve the individual but to preserve the genes of an individual, therefore sterile worker ants and acts of self-sacrifice can be explained.

Yet strangely, my own culture with its history is the living countre to his work. Or not.

P.S. I didn't get 5000 np, I drained my account before going to the contest, and nada. Could it be because I was on the winning team?

:O I could buy it, or it could mysteriously show up in my gift box *hugs tightly* You are amazing.

Wow, that is an interesting theory, I think I will look into him, after my presentation today. I don't hold much up to the religious viewpoints of many authors, I mean C.S. Lewis was a well known atheist when he wrote Narnia, and look at what that can be argued to symbolize, then he became Christian and wrote Screwtape Letters. My whole class though had a debate about self-sacrifice and selflessness, our teacher for the sake of argument took up the ideology that everyone was selfish no matter what they did. My class ended up using war scenarios (I'm assuming we have a Vietnam Veteran in our class, he looks to be that age and keeps mentioning war scenarios) to prove selfless acts were not selfish... It will be interesting to see how Dawkins ties into that.

I didn't get the 5k np, and I was cheering for Scarlet... I wonder if that was the consolation prize? I'm a bit shocked that that page is still blank, so many hours after the end. Does that happen often?

Those that got the 5000 NP, which one were you cheering for?

I honestly have no idea whether I got 5k or not, because I was in the middle of my dailies and wasn't paying attention to my NP.

I was cheering for Scarlet. I visited the page a few times before I noticed the 5000nps. Checking that page is the only thing I've done so far today on neo

Hmm. I was cheering Scarlet as well, but I tend to open quite a few tabs at a time for my dailies, so I wouldn't have noticed any extra NP.

Hopefully they'll get the page fixed soon, so we'll know for sure.

I was cheering for Scarlet. I visited the page a few times before I noticed the 5000nps. Checking that page is the only thing I've done so far today on neo

I guess I'll keep refreshing until I see it... if I ever see it, because I was cheering for Scarlet too.

Just to let you guys know, I'm still cheering for Scarlett.

I left the page open last night and it still lets me cheer every five minutes. I should get to the 24 a day limit soon. I'm wondering if this is because I happened to miss the first day?

I also got the grey screen when I tried to open it anew.

The current scores I see are 73-76-75-74

And the blue character definitely moved up one since I've been cheering, so I can't be the only one.

Just to let you guys know, I'm still cheering for Scarlett.

I left the page open last night and it still lets me cheer every five minutes. I should get to the 24 a day limit soon. I'm wondering if this is because I happened to miss the first day?

I also got the grey screen when I tried to open it anew.

The current scores I see are 73-76-75-74

And the blue character definitely moved up one since I've been cheering, so I can't be the only one.

WHAAAA?! You can still vote! Oh the sadness that I was on my ipad and it auto refreshes after I fell asleep...

Thanks for updating the scores though! I'm interested to see what TNT has to say about that.

Yep! I just took some screen shots that might help if necessary but I just hit the 24 item limit and the cheering/boo items have gone grey with the message that I saw yesterday about the results being declared tomorrow "tomorrow's the day!".

It will be interesting to see what happens - I'm guessing it's a glitch or something?

..Aaaand it just went completely grey for me without me doing anything!

Oh no not more glitches :sad02:

I couldnt beleive it when I got home and there was still a blank screen, this morning I was not that suprised because I thought oh its just a hitch being early they will just be tweeking it now

If some are still able to vote and get prizes it seems very odd indeed ... I never did get any paintbrushes but am happy that lots of other people did

I can't vote and I can't see the site . It doesn't load. I was voting for the 4th pet.

And I still haven't reached my limit for today .

It loaded at last!

I didin't get anything but it was fun.

I don't believe it! We have A WINNER! Congratulations to Scarlet for being the clear winner of our first annual Spooky Food Eating Contest! *sniff* We've made history...

74-77-75-75

Edited by lianakos

It doesn't look like there's any prizes or anything for those supporting the winner. This is what the bottom of the page says:

Thanks for supporting the Spooky Shindig Society's first annual Spooky Food Eating Contest! There's nothing more to see but a few Petpetpets carting off the last crumbs into the Haunted Woods. Time to start planning for next year. Tippens is, after all.

I was actually using this event to get my roommate into NP XD Hopefully, they'll have more to do for the month of October. After all, it's only just starting! *may or may not feel that the entire month should be consumed with Halloween things* I'm looking forward to the Trick-Or-Treat Bags too.

Edit: I see the same thing as Spritzie now. That's kind of a bummer. Maybe I didn't get anything because I wasn't supporting Scarlet? Unless Spritzie was supporting her, since it doesn't seem like she got anything either. I guess we got decent prizes along the way?

Do you think the Halloween and Zombie Paint Brushes will drop in price?

Since I didn't get any of the Paint Brushes I'm just buying them I guess.

Already bought the Ghost-- aw man, whatever. I'll probably just stick with this Ghost PB and that only.

I don't have the funds to buy the rest.

Anyway, this event reminded me of an old event on another site.

Actually, it was the same thing just without that many prizes and with pie.

Welp, thanks NP...?

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. ouo

Bit of an anticlimax there being nothing at the end of it all, it would have been nice to just get some silly thing to say I picked the winner ..ah well I suppose there have been loads of prizes throughout (not that I won anything worth much) but plenty did so fair enough I suppose.

Instead of the bigger prizes throughout it would have been nice to just give everyone a random paintbrush at the end that would have been amazing and unexpected

Spyke, I was supporting Scarlet and didn't get anything.

We definitely got tons of prizes through out that made the whole thing worth it, but I'm still kind of hoping for a little something maybe TNT will release later.