Which faction are you going to join for the 9th round?

sophioski2

Oh, so everybody is going with Thieves? Great, because I missed my chance the last time.

Go with the bandwagon. Thieves are sure to win, and there are some good boons with winning, too. I'd recommend holding off on Brutes till they're bandwagoning again.

Actually, the last time there was a Thieves Guild bandwagon, the bandwagon was upset (which is why I don't have that site theme yet). And some BD chat people are trying to upset the bandwagon this time, too. So it's not guaranteed to win, at all. But if we all work together and put a lot of effort in, hopefully we can overcome the BD chat group. I have no idea which faction the BDC group is joining (my friend hangs out there and saw that they were trying to gather a group to upset, because they want to show that battlers are in control, not avatar-seekers, which seems silly to me, since the two aren't necessarily exclusive, but whatever).

Joined the thieves, since I need that avatar. I'll try to do more then my regular 100 battles this time.

I went with the Awakened. I don't think they'll win, but I already have all the avatars and they were the only faction that gives the FQ Refresher boon. I just bought a FQ cookie and that boon would be really helpful. So just in case there's a freak upset, I would hate to have lost out on the opportunity just cause I went with the majority.

I went with the Awakened. I don't think they'll win, but I already have all the avatars and they were the only faction that gives the FQ Refresher boon. I just bought a FQ cookie and that boon would be really helpful. So just in case there's a freak upset, I would hate to have lost out on the opportunity just cause I went with the majority.

Actually, the Order and the Sway both give the FQ Refresher boon. You might have meant out of these three factions, though, since neither the Thieves or the Brutes give that boon.

I went with the crowd and joined the Thieves :P They were one of my favorites from the start, too.

For those who joined the Thieves, the BDC group joined the Brutes and are dogpiling on the Thieves, so if you want to win, dogpile on the Brutes. (We probably still need to fight the Awakened some, but everyone who can, please please put in some overtime against the Brutes. Otherwise no boon, site theme, or avatar for the Thieves -- again.)

Good to know. Thanks Siniri! I'll try to focus on the Brutes then and do as much battles as I can spare time wise and patience wise. Usually I battle each opponent equally but I'll make an exception. I really want that Thieves avatar.

Actually, the Order and the Sway both give the FQ Refresher boon. You might have meant out of these three factions, though, since neither the Thieves or the Brutes give that boon.

Yeah sorry, I did mean out of our 3 options this time. However, the Awakened won and the FQ Refresher boon wasn't an option :( It seems like the 5 boons are just randomly chosen now because LOL avies was definitely a Thieves boon the first time around and not an Awakened boon - and the Strength of Mind boon only came up when the Seekers won.

Awakened won? Now I'm still short that last avatar! Oh well, I was/am planning to join to join every skirmish, maybe we'll have better luck on the next round with the Thieves.

Yeah there's a lot of shock about it on the neoboads, I sure didn't think they'd win. The way it seems though is a few people with way too much time on their hands went with the Awakened to upset expectations since the bandwagon went with the Thieves/Brutes, whichever. I saw a screenie of one person who beat Commander Flint on extreme over 13,000 times.

13000 times? That's crazy. I did battle more then normal (my pet can barely handle the bosses on easy, so a boss on extreme would be out of the question), but I do not have the time for so many battles. I have more to do in the time I'm awake.

Eventually they will grow tired of boycotting as well. (I expect and hope) Then we'll be able to get the missing avatars.

They also put the word out that they were joining the brutes so that we would focus on the brutes instead of the Awakened. I can one-hit the bosses, but I'm not going to waste my time doing it 13,337 times. And I'm not risking my account to write a program to do that for me, either (besides, figuring that out would probably take me longer than 13k battles would).

I wish we could have a "fake" bandwagon -- convince them everyone's joining team X to get the avvie when really we all still need the Thieves, but it'd be impossible to pull off.

Yeah no kidding, I couldn't be bothered to fight that many battles during the actual war, there's no way I'd waste my time doing it now. A 'fake' bandwagon may not be too far off, in the sense of no real bandwagon at all. I mean, if everyone is now realizing there are people out there who are only interested in overthrowing who people think will win and actually do, why would everyone keep joining the same team? They're just making themselves targets to lose. I think everyone will just start joining the team they personally want to win, rather than trying to be on the team everyone says will win, since no one really knows which team these wildcards are choosing.