Do you think TNT knows?

Do you think TNT knows about Stealth or SOTAC or even Neo[Removed]? Because it really seems they are trying to avoid Roo Island vs. Altador... They've been in the same bracket twice and they haven't even battled in both brackets\ yet. So i am wondering if TNT knows and is trying to avoid it as long as they can.. What do you guys think?

There is no way they don't know about the All Star groups, especially considering that people talk about them (minus [Removed]) on the Neoboards (or they did last year, which is how I found out about them).

I doubt they they plan the schedules for the matches around that though. If none of the teams that have ASGs join them go up against each other, then a case could be made. Otherwise, I would assume that it's just the way the matches ended up falling.

TNT knows. TNT is trying to make RI fans mad by putting them with AL twice.

I think the teams that didn't play each other in the first bracket got put with each other in the next bracket, so they they could play each other, like RI and AL, KI and TY, SK and VP, and DC and KD.

Not sure, though.

I'm sure they know but what can they do about it? if people are legitimately sending in scores and stuff....

how would they be able to detect and nail a cheater?

I'm positive that they know of Neo[Removed], but the rest i don't know. I spoke to them about the cheating ways of [Removed], but they said nothing.

I've never known much about the Altador Cup and this year is the first I've heard of these crazy All-Star groups. How are [Removed] cheating? :mellow:

I've never known much about the Altador Cup and this year is the first I've heard of these crazy All-Star groups. How are [Removed] cheating? :mellow:

They use score senders, and junk like that so whichever team they choose will have a boost (obviously). They aren't like the other All-Star Groups!

I'm sure they know but what can they do about it? if people are legitimately sending in scores and stuff....

They know how to detect AB'ers who use [Removed] to buy items while RS'ing.

Agreed. I feel like they are more cautious when sending their scores this way because it would be too easy to detect.

I assume an AB is a little different than this. That would be instant and TNT can detect the sub-human speed.

Cheating sucks, but these aren't dumb people. They're going to protect their account to the best to their ability. They have no choice, really.

They know how to detect AB'ers who use [Removed] to buy items while RS'ing.

I didn't understand any of that. :p

Agreed. I feel like they are more cautious when sending their scores this way because it would be too easy to detect.

I assume an AB is a little different than this. That would be instant and TNT can detect the sub-human speed.

Cheating sucks, but these aren't dumb people. They're going to protect their account to the best to their ability. They have no choice, really.

I would think these people would be smart about it. Neopets allows you to send in hundreds of scores for the AC so that gives them SOME cover.

Autobuyers while restocking. NCX has programs that quickly scope up rare items every time a rare item appears. They do get caught, but using shell accounts they transfer funds quicker than they can get frozen. They also place a lag so that it mimics human behavior. Not random like it should be, a decent pattern analysis would spot them, but apparently it is not a priority with TNT. The extent of there crimes are there for anyone to see, just google. Don't mention their name on neoboards though, as I've heard it will get you frozen very quickly.

A very strange bunch of people, I never could convince any of them that cheating is wrong, that there should be honor in all things, and in all things honor.

I didn't understand any of that. :P

Better you don't know about it :)

Honestly speaking, AB is more annoying than SS because legitimate restockers have to fight bots.

Of course TNT knows about this but it's very hard to tell apart cheaters from legit players.

Better you don't know about it :)

Honestly speaking, AB is more annoying than SS because legitimate restockers have to fight bots.

Of course TNT knows about this but it's very hard to tell apart cheaters from legit players.

Simple AI pattern analysis, any decent team could have a proof of concept in 30 days, and a working system in 90.

Legit players do not bounce their IP address through a proxy, nor make 25 million per month in RS, or turn in 3000 1-0 wins in yball.

Simple AI pattern analysis, any decent team could have a proof of concept in 30 days, and a working system in 90.

Legit players do not bounce their IP address through a proxy, nor make 25 million per month in RS, or turn in 3000 1-0 wins in yball.

TNT can and does freeze accounts. The problem is, during the investigation, they probably transferred the NP in another account already. And make another one.

If SOTAC and STEALTH are sending their results by playing, I do not see why TNT should do something about it.

Now Neo[Removed] is another thing, and yes, they should freeze them, quickly, they are hurting my team, so I'm pretty angry with them right now.

For what I've read (I went to their boards, to get a clue about which team they were joining) I read that they use a software that somehow modifies the game's code, to make it easier. I have no idea about how it works, but they said is almost impossible for TNT to find them.

If SOTAC and STEALTH are sending their results by playing, I do not see why TNT should do something about it.

Now Neo[Removed] is another thing, and yes, they should freeze them, quickly, they are hurting my team, so I'm pretty angry with them right now.

For what I've read (I went to their boards, to get a clue about which team they were joining) I read that they use a software that somehow modifies the game's code, to make it easier. I have no idea about how it works, but they said is almost impossible for TNT to find them.

I believe you are correct, there are YouTube videos of this happening. I've also seen videos of players basically just having to throw the ball past the opposing captain and it counts as a goal, even though it barely reaches the Defenders.

No, I believe they have a program that sends the same 'code' to the Neopets servers that is sent when you genuinely play the game. They just run it continuously.

And yeah, the All-Star teams I have no objection to. That's just a group of good players getting together to legitimately play the game.

Like I said before, they are not necessarily sending raw scores. Some are true auto-player that will play the game for you, making it impossible to detect if one is cheating. Very hard to catch those...

There are both. You download a copy of the game code to your browser, you then execute that game code locally. You can spoof a copy of the game code with a simple edit of the local image, or you can just mimic the game to server handshake. I can't say I understand why you'd rather pretend to play a hacked code rather than just sending in a hacked score. Again, I do not have the ability to follow their ethics. It is very strange, there are a few nice people there(Hey Bones!), yet their overall actions disappoint me.

I am not sure TNT has a large state in stopping the cheaters, as there are many and sundry steps they could take. Conversely, the cheaters generate a huge virtual amount of activity for TNT, and I have pondered if their auto this and auto that does not look like more ad eyeballs for TNT advertisers, and that TNT is an implicit partner in their crimes.

No, I believe they have a program that sends the same 'code' to the Neopets servers that is sent when you genuinely play the game. They just run it continuously.

And yeah, the All-Star teams I have no objection to. That's just a group of good players getting together to legitimately play the game.

No, there is a separate kind of cheating wherein code is altered within the game to make it easier to play and score high. For example, Ice Cream Machine has one where the scoops that would normally make you lose a life simply pass through you, meaning you can score whatever you want until you hit "end game".

It's a lot harder for Neopets to detect because all of the scores sent look legitimate in almost every way.

And also, cheating in Altador Cup games is difficult to detect because the scores being sent in for it are vastly higher than scores being sent in for regular Neopets games. TNT simply does not have the resources necessary during the AC to review as many scores when there are millions sent in every day.

These people who cheat like this must be VERY bored. obviously inteligent, it'd be nice if they found something else to do and left the honest gaming to the rest of us. I wonder if the ABer's are driving the prices up on things in the user-market? If they control the supply, then they control the prices and can fluctuate them based on demand, or possibly even CREATE demand, depending on how good they would be at causing reason to spark demand for an item.

It's rather troubling. And it's kind of hard to believe that TNT hasn't put forth a greater effort to stopping them over the years. ABer's have been a problem probably since before I started playing the game, and they make RSing almost impossible. It's VERY frustrating.

I didn't know there were things that they could monkey with inside the games though.... That's very annoying. Gaming is the primary source of NP for me, and I'm sure many others who aren't good at Restocking and turn to the games room.

I wonder if TNT would do anything is there was a mass of legit players threaten to self-ice, cancel their premiums, or something in protest? Meh, probably not, not if the Auto-programs actually cycle through pages with ads and stuff, giving them credit to make up for a mass exodus out of the game. An old friend of mine who long ago left the game, once told me that the ice'd accounts that TNT freezes are still listed "existing" or somtehing, to sort've pad the TOTAL number of accounts that exist on the servers. He never told me HOW he knew that. So I don't know how accurate that information is. but it's a little shady imho.

If TNT were to release the items of those accounts that will NEVER get unfrozen into the Neopian market and delete those permanently iced accounts, I wonder if lag and prices wouldn't decrease on the site in general?

There is some crossover between the cheaters that do autobuying and the trading of neopoints/items for financial compensation. One aspect that I never cared study too closely. Certainly, the operation of a website dedicated to cheating, with the collection of advertisement revenue and opportunity to buy membership to obtain the better cheaterware, again one should always follow the money.

They do not seem to believe that their activities have an overall effect upon pricing, but when millions of neopoints are being draw from the system, not to mention their constant games of creating shell accounts that occasionally get "iced" again drawing millions of items out of the system. One does ponder if their behavior does not change the nature of the game.

This stealing of the yball title though, that might be enough to raise a few heads. Even with the icing of some bad accounts submitting crazy amounts of scores, all the cheaters need to do is isolate a semilegitmate account playing for Tyr while their horde of zombie bots inflate number of wins through the roof. I ponder if I'd had that knowledge if I would have joined the predestined winning side.

Shame though, the knowledge that the system is rigged and some of the privileged few don't have to live by the same rules as the rest of us shouldn't be forced upon a person at least until middle age. (I might bore you with the story of how my CO was court marshaled by the goonies working for the Ronald Reagan cabal, if we need to trade life is unfair stories)

BTW, if memory serves several of the cheaters do have account on multiple fan sites, so it is likely they have read this. Say hi to Bones for me.