AJ11

Having checked the guides I sometimes still have questions about the avatars that I would like to ask, so I thought this thread might be useful

First question I would like to ask is about the chocolate avatar

According to the guide I need to buy a chocolate item for over 5000 np so that it will be 90 rarity or more from the chocolate factory but ..

I have visited a lot but there is never anything in there of that much value?

How do other people get the avatar, is there a time when the items are changed?

Any tips much appreciated

:rolleyes_anim:

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'General Chat' to 'Neopets Help'.

Shop updates are random. You need to refresh often (but not so often you get shop-banned -- every 5-10s or so should be okay), and then get lucky and refresh right when the shop updates. Then you need to be superfast in your offering and clicking. It took a while for me to get the clothing one. I have yet to get chocolate, but I've not really tried, either. I might have to refresh between SoSd games, though -- that seems like the right amount of time, and it would break the monotony of both.

Shop updates are random. You need to refresh often (but not so often you get shop-banned -- every 5-10s or so should be okay), and then get lucky and refresh right when the shop updates. Then you need to be superfast in your offering and clicking. It took a while for me to get the clothing one. I have yet to get chocolate, but I've not really tried, either. I might have to refresh between SoSd games, though -- that seems like the right amount of time, and it would break the monotony of both.

Oh this is really helpful thanks, I didnt even realise that I could get a shop ban or that they might change things very often in there ..very useful ;)

The chocolate one took me FOREVER to get! I would go online at like 3am, thinking the site would be less busy then, and it still took me weeks. The few times a rare item would appear, someone always got it before me. So yeah, it's normal to not see rare items in there very much, they get snatched up almost the moment they're restocked.

The general consensus is that the best day to restock for the Chocolate avatar is on Half-Price Days, as the shops wouldn't be as full of items and there's a lot more overturn. I personally tried weeks for the avatar, yet upon reading advice to try to get it on Half-Price Day, waited and got it then due to increased probabilty of an item stocking of r90+.

The general consensus is that the best day to restock for the Chocolate avatar is on Half-Price Days, as the shops wouldn't be as full of items and there's a lot more overturn. I personally tried weeks for the avatar, yet upon reading advice to try to get it on Half-Price Day, waited and got it then due to increased probabilty of an item stocking of r90+.

This is fascinating! I always figured it would be harder to get on a Half Price Day due to increased competition for restocking. So you didn't find that to be a problem?

This is fascinating! I always figured it would be harder to get on a Half Price Day due to increased competition for restocking. So you didn't find that to be a problem?

Same here, Lamppost -- I have a rather slowish connection/system, so I can't seem to snatch anything with competition. But I didn't think about the fact that there'd be a lot more things restocking at once. Hmmm....

Having restocked for years I have observed and theorized: For a shop to restock, it will have to have been bought from quite a bit. The sheer volume of people trying to restock & buying junk items just makes it faster for a shop to restock on Half-price day, therefore increasing your chances of catching an r90+ item (I've managed to restock two r99 coins on HPD, if that tells you anything). Restocking just goes by a lot slower when it isn't half-price day.

New question for you neopet types :rolleyes_anim:

Ednas quest ... any idea roughly how many of her quests you have to do to get the avatar?

..she is a wiley old girl and I have been doing her quests for her every day for a while now and Im starting to wonder how much it is going to cost to get that avatar!!

Any ideas?

New question for you neopet types :rolleyes_anim:

Ednas quest ... any idea roughly how many of her quests you have to do to get the avatar?

..she is a wiley old girl and I have been doing her quests for her every day for a while now and Im starting to wonder how much it is going to cost to get that avatar!!

Any ideas?

I have no idea, since I didn't get that one either. But I remember people from the neoboard said the quest should be three items and the items should contains ... (word that I forgot) to be able to get the avvie ?! And I think you should do the fairly cheap quest. The ~100k quests're not worth it.

I got the Edna - Cackle avatar not too long ago. I had been doing them for a few days in a row and only did the quests that were about 5000 NPs or less because I thought anything higher than that wasn't worth it, so my first tip would be to set a limit of how much you are willing to spend on one quests and remember that you can get up to 10 of those in a row, since it's the limit of quests you can do in a day, so it does add up.

I got it on a three item quest, which seems to be the number most people have been getting the avatar with, right after a one item quest. I paid about 3,500 NPs for the three item quest. I did about less than 50 quests in total to get the avatar. So just keep trying and you will get it eventually :) good luck! Hope that helps!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks some good info

I think its a good plan to stick to a budget as you suggested and I will keep on trying between doing other stuff ... :icecream:

So I am trying to get the Rubbish avvie and I am trying to get items for little to no NPs.

Is it against the rules to ask for people to put up trades with junk so I can 'buy' them?

If anyone here wants to get rid of any items, please let me know.

I will take it.

Thanks!!

It could be considered "begging," which is against the rules (at least on the Neoboards). However, keep an eye out -- sometimes people want to unload their junk and will advertise "junk" trades (also called "rubbish" or "packrat" trades).

• 5 weeks later...

I am trying to get Heermeedjet or Merouladen as a battledome player, but when I do what I am told to do, it doesn't work.

Is this avvie still available does any one know??

This is what it says to do .....

Defeat Meerouladen in the 1-player Battledome external_link.gif. You cannot get the Heermeedjet avatar if you have this avatar. To get Meerouladen, you need to get him after collecting your prize for the Defenders of Neopia Series 1 external_link.gif 'Meerca Brothers' task.

I am trying to get Heermeedjet or [/size]Merouladen[/size] as a battledome player, but when I do what I am told to do, it doesn't work.

Is this avvie still available does any one know??

This is what it says to do .....

Defeat Meerouladen in the 1-player Battledome external_link.gif. You cannot get the Heermeedjet avatar if you have this avatar. To get Meerouladen, you need to get him after collecting your prize for the Defenders of Neopia Series 1 external_link.gif 'Meerca Brothers' task.

These avatars are not working right now. The avatar is awarded when you receive your Defenders of Neopia trophy, and since DoN isn't working, you won't be able to receive the avatar. You can monitor the status of DoN at TNT's Beta News page.

Also, I think you will have to beat all of the other challengers in the DoN series in order to get the avatar.

This is very helpful! I will be sure to try this as I have also been trying to get the chocolate avvie! Thank you so much for the advice!

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/snowager/

Times

The Snowager is awake for the majority of the day, and you will not have the option to approach it. However, it falls asleep between 6-7am, 2-3pm, and 10-11pm (all times Neopian Standard Time).

It's just luck to get the avatar with being blasted. I still need it myself. There is no time with more chance to get the avatar. You just visit him while a sleep and get blasted and get lucky.

Question regarding zapped petpets for avatars: If you needed a petpet avatar and you have it zapped into one of the species that you need, will it count towards the avatar? For example, you zap a petpet and it turns into a meowclops. Can you get the avatar from this?

Question regarding zapped petpets for avatars: If you needed a petpet avatar and you have it zapped into one of the species that you need, will it count towards the avatar? For example, you zap a petpet and it turns into a meowclops. Can you get the avatar from this?

Yes, that does indeed work! If you're lucky enough to have a pet/petpet zap into an avatar pet/petpet, you can get the avatar from it. :)