Feedback on.. Feedback (to TNT)

Emily

I can't seem to find them. Believe me, I know my stamp prices and availailities :P That's largely what made me write this suggestion in.

The thing with items is, if you're the only one who has one (coming back to the "If only one is available, it's not really 'available'" argument) you can post whatever price you want on the TP. Heck, you can post whatever price you want on the TP anyway. Doesn't mean people are willing to pay it. If someone's asking 450 mil for an item, but no one is willing to pay that price for it, is it REALLY worth that price? Economics says no.

But for Mystery Island Kiko Stamp, people actually do pay 450 mil. One guy got lucky last month and paid 100 mil because a "fun auction" failed. He admitted it was worth 450 mil.

a "fun auction" failed

If it "failed" because nobody bid above the 100 million, then it's clearly not worth the 450 mil :P

But if someone paid 450 million for a Mystery Island Kiko Stamp after 1 year of looking I don't think they would like it to be in tower for 50 million. A hasee is one thing, 5 mil. A 2 billion collection is another. Big difference.

Why is a 50 million NP Hasse one thing? I have one of almost every colour in my gallery pre-negg cave daily. the fact of the matter is, thing inflate, get impossible to purchase due to lack of stock, or whatever, and TNT should do something about it.

I mean, SuAP is a different story, because they made it clear that there would only be X of them.

Stamps kind of just dropped off the face of the planet.

I wouldn't see an issue with it if they put them in the HT, though I think it should still be at a high price. Anybody who was playing 10+ years ago knows the market and what was available was vastly different and it will continue to change through the site's life. I remember when I got my first babaa (favorite petpet) it was a gift because they were so much more expensive than they are now. Most petpets and popular things were back then. It's not as extreme as this, but dailies and other factors increase/decrease the value of rare items all the time. In the neopets economy, much like in real life, there's a bit of luck and timing involved in what your wares are worth. Things I never thought I could afford are cheap now. Things I thought would always be around are expensive.

Again, if not enough people were bidding within the time limit to drive the price up, there was clearly not enough interest in paying that much. If there is no interest (demand), that affects the market price (supply).

No, it jumped. Like from 10 to 1 in two seconds. People bid it up from 50 mil to 100 on the first page. :P Auctions have time limits.

Well yes, but that's still not how the economy works. If it were truly worth 450m, then it should have reached that (or near that) fairly easily. It's clear that if an item that is "worth" 450m is really going for 100m, then the price is highly inflated.

Again, if not enough people were bidding within the time limit to drive the price up, there was clearly not enough interest in paying that much. If there is no interest (demand), that affects the market price (supply).

Well yes, but that's still not how the economy works. If it were truly worth 450m, then it should have reached that (or near that) fairly easily. It's clear that if an item that is "worth" 450m is really going for 100m, then the price is highly inflated.

Not many people have over 100 mil pure...The user who won albumed it.

Its a database.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not link to other sites that are known for cheating and encouraging illegal play The link has been removed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

If something cannot be sold for X price, it is not worth X price, plain and simple. This has been stated numerous times. Just because someone says something is worth X amount, if it doesn't sell for X amount in the market (whether by virtue of people being unwilling or unable to afford it), that is not it's actual price.

As a side note, be careful linking to the site you did, as they're notorious for cheating and encouraging illegal playing on Neopets.