The Brute Squad Also Want The Obelisk!

hrtbrk

Have I mentioned how positively excited I am?! The Sway are still the definite choice for me but the introduction of The Brutes have definitely got me pumped!

*clears throat* Ahem, that is to say, my curiosity has definitely been piqued. We shall see how this battle plays out. Surely The Sway shall come out victorious but perhaps one of the other groups shall provide a bit of a challenge.

Someone before said something about it being like another game with guilds: Theives, Dark somethings, Mages, Warriors, etc.

Made sense, but really seeing it in action now, lol

Also- arent The Sway supposed to be meeting today (2 days after their message/video)? Has anyone figured out the meeting place?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Eh.

If their theme is simply "we're strong", I don't think they'll get many supporters. And therefore they won't be very strong at all :-P

I don't like these guys... I am still trying to choose from the Thieves Guild and the Red Erisim. So its been 2 days, right? Someone post the location of that Sway meeting!

Well, they seem the least interesting to me, because no battle is ever won by brute force.

On the contrary, many battles--perhaps even most, historically--have been won by brute force. It's just that clever strategems and victorious underdogs make for more interesting stories than "Grog the Unwashed defeated Milksop the Puny by bashing him over the head with a small tree. Repeatedly." We hear more about the times Milksop wins by his wits because it's unusual. "When a dog bites a man that is not news, but when a man bites a dog that is news."

That's not an argument for joining the Brute Squad, however. Quite the opposite, in fact--the brute force approach tends to be boring. For me, the only redeeming feature of the faction is the Princess Bride reference. :D

meh this is the least interesting faction so far.. they seem like thugs with their only redeeming quality being strength - which the sway has anyway through strategy and ruthlessness and the red erism has through magic.

i wonder if that's it re: factions? 4 seems more than enough to keep it nice and even and not too confusing

meh this is the least interesting faction so far.. they seem like thugs with their only redeeming quality being strength - which the sway has anyway through strategy and ruthlessness and the red erism has through magic.

i wonder if that's it re: factions? 4 seems more than enough to keep it nice and even and not too confusing

I'm also wondering if there will be a 5th faction, or if the brute squad will be the last one. According to the video for the sway, their meeting should be today, so shouldn't we be able to pick sides soon? I hope so!!

As someone who hasn't participated in a plot before, can I ask what the point of the various factions are? Like...what impact will my choice make? If I side with the obviously least-popular Brute Squad and they lose the war, does that make me eligible for fewer prizes/plot points? A worse trophy? Or what? Exactly how careful should I be in choosing my side in this fight?

I'm not sure what group I'm going to join. I was hoping this group would be the Tyrannian army, because I thought that would be the best fit for my pet. She's the type to side with the good guys. Process of elimination leaves her with The Order of the Red Erisim, but I'm not too excited about it. At least I won't be disappointed if there are different challenges for different factions. I would be pretty happy to find out that we are actually supposed to be fighting the factions instead of joining them.

I hope there isn't a 2P portion. I want to be optimistic, but technical problems will be pretty much guaranteed if they do.

As someone who hasn't participated in a plot before, can I ask what the point of the various factions are? Like...what impact will my choice make? If I side with the obviously least-popular Brute Squad and they lose the war, does that make me eligible for fewer prizes/plot points? A worse trophy? Or what? Exactly how careful should I be in choosing my side in this fight?

I do not believe there have ever been this many options to choose from in a plot (if you really can, this is still all speculation). But usually there won't be any 'impact' as such.I am sure that whatever faction you chose, you can get as many points as with another, similar to the Altador Cup.

I do not believe there have ever been this many options to choose from in a plot (if you really can, this is still all speculation). But usually there won't be any 'impact' as such.I am sure that whatever faction you chose, you can get as many points as with another, similar to the Altador Cup.

Awesome, thanks! I'd hoped as much. :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above. Quotes do not contribute to the word count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

These guys scare me more then the Sway. Trecci is having a hard time picking between the last two :/

Add: Has anyone else noticed that there seems to be room for 1 more video? Maybe there will be a band of obvious good guys

Edited by coopkaty

I've done all the plots except the very first two - and they've all been different in some way - so a bit difficult to say to be honest.

However, possibly the closest one I remember is the Champions of Meridell plot, way back in 2002. You could choose whether to fight for Meridell or Darigan. Depending which side you chose, you ended up with different kinds of trophy on your look-up (and a different avatar), but both sides had various (and equal) trophies, depending on how much you participated in the plot, and how many baddies you killed. There wasn't a prize shop back then - you just got automatic prizes depending on how you did.

So I would imagine it won't make any substantial difference, except being able to say "My team won!", or not, as the case may be ;)

I would be very surprised if there's any 2P battling - probably each team will have different, but equally specced, 1-P challengers to fight.