Inflation of Codestones

Wow. Zed is 27.5 today and I was complaining when it was 20k. I cancelled one this morning too. how/why are the prices rising to this extent? hoarders?

It's at 28k? o_O I should really start playing the new BD more, I've been slacking.

Ugh, I'm SO glad I still have a stockpile of Zeds- they're so ridiculously priced!

Zeds are going back down -- not by much, yet, but at least the ridiculous inflation has stopped. I sold mine for 26,099 today; I saw several others going for 26k. And the Koi Warrior gave me 5 reds (only 1 regular) today -- I don't know if I just got ridiculously lucky, or maybe TNT has shifted the balance of prizes on top of me being super lucky (I've been getting fewer bottled faeries lately, so that might be the difference).

How long do codestone prices typically take to go down after events like the war? Is it going down so slowly because the prize shop hasn't been released yet?

Or is it that everyone continues training their pets for a little while after the war and then slowly people lose interest and stop?

How long do codestone prices typically take to go down after events like the war? Is it going down so slowly because the prize shop hasn't been released yet?

Or is it that everyone continues training their pets for a little while after the war and then slowly people lose interest and stop?

I expect that people have a newfound interest in the BD, and so are training their pets. I expect it to start dying off in a couple of months when people get sick of how much they're spending on codestones. Some also believe that the war isn't actually over until the prize shop is released- despite all evidence to the contrary. So it's a combination, plus the fact that some people are hoarding codestones to make the price go up (I expect that was what happened with Zed- the shop witht he lowest price when I looked yesterday had over 500 of them. :/)

Truce to expire??!! Yes!! My battle pet is about to go up another strength/defense/faerie ability tier/boost just in time for more mayhem! I hope there is a bunch more battling!

Well considering that they've announced that the truce is about to expire, I'd be surprised if we weren't in for another round.

Yea, I realized the moment I saw the countdown that it probably wasn't over; both the battling and the codestone prices being high.

I'm glad tho. I just got my pet to her next boost, and I missed the entire first part of this war. So I'm looking forward to getting in on the action even if the prices stay up for a whiles longer.

Both Regular and red codestones are still badly inflated.

Faerie bottles DOUBLED in price. (Light at 5k)

Probably the truce countdown is making prices stay high.

I started my first training today and groaned -- a Kew and a Zed, two codestones that I don't have. Since I'm so close to the next boost and there's a war on, I didn't want to just cancel -- besides, I made a lot of NP in the stock market yesterday. I expected Zeds to be over 30k with the earlier inflation + war inflation...

but I was wrong! I saw one for 23.5k (forgot to have NP, so missed it), and snagged one for 24.5k. I saw a lot at 25k flat. The others haven't inflated too badly, either. Yet.

I haven't priced regulars yet. I've been throwing them in my SDB, too lazy to sell, but now is probably a good time to start selling again. Unless they've done the magic deflating-when-there's-a-war-on trick, too.

i had been saving up for the neopian book award, but that's going to have to be put on hold now with round two of the war. my bd pet just reached 151 today, so that means 18 hours and 7 codestones :/ thank god for those training cookies. 18 hours was deducted to 10 hours.

i think prices of codestones will go up again like they did last time, but it won't be as much this time since the second part of the war starts in a week or something.

Zed is going down a bit but it's still too much for me to train. Cancelled another one today. And I still stink at those scratch cards. It's becoming for expensive than actual training.

I really really thought that they were going to release those medium bottled faeries as prizes so I held off buying any light abilities. I would have never guessed it would jump back up.

Zeds are now just below 23k, still high, but better than 25! Other codestones seem to be up.

Edited to mention that right now there are at least 8 available at 22k for anyone desperate for one.

Edited again Thursday April 25th- price spiked again overnight but is down around 19k right now!

I'm so inconsistent.

Anyway, here are the long awaited rip-off prices:

Price Check:

Vo: 13.75k (+2.55k)

Eo: 13.6k (+1.8k)
Lu: 11.95k (+1.65k)
Zei: 10k (+1.1k)

Har: 6.15k (+1.25k)
Tai-Kai: 5.8k (+0.5k)
Bri: 4.75k (+0.45k)

Orn: 4.35k (+0.45k)
Mau: 4.3k (+0.1k)
Main: 3.975k (+0.075k)

Total: 78.625k (UP 9.925k in 120.33 Hours)

I think I'll die of these prices. (not literally)

PRICES HAVEN'T BEEN THIS HIGH SINCE FEBRUARY 25, 2013!!!

Where:

Price Check:

Lu 14.95k

Vo 14k

Eo 12k

Zei 9.75k

Har 6k

Orn 5k

Tai-Kai 5.2k

Bri 4.5k

Mau 4k

Main 3.9k

Total: 79.3k

Sorted by most ridiculously inflated the past 5 days:

Har- 25.51%

Vo- 22.77%

Lu- 16.02%

Eo- 15.25%

Zei- 12.36%

Orn- 11.54%

Bri- 10.47%

Tai-Kai- 9.43%

Mau- 2.38%

Main- 1.92%

Legend:

Italics: Up 0-5%

Underline: Up 5-10%

Bold: Up 10-20%

Bold and Underline: More than 20%

Edit: 4/27 6:40 AM

I checked Vo codestone prices and its gone up 1.05k or 7.5% IN 1 DAY!!!

Edit2: Hi! Any free bumps? Just joking.

Anyway, here goes nothing:

Price Check:

Vo: 14.7k (+0.95k)

Eo: 13.9k (+0.3k)
Lu: 12.2k (+0.25k)

Zei: 10k (unchanged)

Har: 6.3k (+0.15k)
Tai-Kai: 6k (+0.2k)
Bri: 4.8k (+0.05k)

Orn: 4.5k (+0.15k)
Mau: 4.35k (+0.05k)
Main: 4k (+0.025k)

Total: 80.75k (UP 2.125k in 47.65 Hours)

8k to go before shattering records.

22 Hours before truce ends.

War Record: 81800 NP/set
Highest in recorded history: 88100 NP/set
History goes back to 6 years.
5:25 AM NST 4/28/13
Edit: Anyone here?

Price Check:

Vo: 15k (+0.3k)

Eo: 14.2k (+0.3k)
Lu: 12.7k (+0.5k)

Har: 6.5k (+0.2k)
Tai-Kai: 6k (unchanged)
Bri: 4.8k (unchanged)

Orn: 4.8k (+0.3k)
Mau: 4.4k (+0.05k)

Main: 4k (unchanged)

Total: 82.4k (UP 1.65k in 22.2 Hours)

Record High for war.

Reliable Codey prices go back to 11/2/07 from neodaq.info.

Prices haven't been this high since May 2008!!!

3:35 AM NST 4/29/13

Edit: Echo...Echo...

Hello? Anyone in this very dark room?

Price Check:

Vo: 16.5k (+1.5k) ------ RECORD HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eo: 15k (+0.8k) ------ RECORD HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lu: 13k (+0.3k)

Har: 6.5k (unchanged)
Tai-Kai: 6k (unchanged)

Orn: 5k (+0.2k)
Bri: 4.9k (+0.1k) ------ RECORD HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Aside from 1 day spike 3/12/13)

Mau: 4.45k (+0.05k)
Main: 4.5k (+0.5k) ------- WHAT THE HECK???

Total: 85.85k (UP 3.45k in 24 Hours)

Note: Record High records from JN Database.

3:35 AM NST 4/30/13

I now find myself faced with a dilemma with these uber high prices. I just hit the 125 boost in str and I know I won't be able to reach another boost before or perhaps not even during this next wave of battling, so I was wondering If I should go ahead and sell all of my codestones now and start training and hoarding after the fighting is done, or if I should just try to continue training or...? Since I'm a long long way from using the red codestones I went ahead and sold all but 1 of my zeds.

If this battling is a new weekly/monthly/whateverly site event, I'm thinking that the prices may drop again after this wave is done and people realize that there's no real reason for hype. On the other hand, prices may stay this high because the battling would give a lot more people a reason to train regularly. Both outcomes would have their advantages and disadvantages but for the sake of my training I'm hoping the former is what will happen.

Right now, beyond 3-4 codestones, you should stop the training of all stats except level and aim for lv250 to start using red codestones. You'll save more NP that way. I was working on an Excel spreadsheet that made detailed calculations on optimizing the training time and cost depending on the desired stats and the current market price of codestones. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to complete it yet.

Right now, beyond 3-4 codestones, you should stop the training of all stats except level and aim for lv250 to start using red codestones. You'll save more NP that way. I was working on an Excel spreadsheet that made detailed calculations on optimizing the training time and cost depending on the desired stats and the current market price of codestones. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to complete it yet.

I know; like I said, I'm almost at the limit of 3-codestone training right now - so I'm trying to decide whether to do some 4-codestone training first or power through to 250 as soon as I break 4.

It's been said before, maybe even in this thread. (but I'm too tired to sort through 11 pages of posts)

If you jump to the red stones from a distance.. (You guys are talking about doing it from the low-training cost points of 3 and 4 regular codestones) You'll ONLY raise prices on Red Stones for yourselves AND everyone else. The inflation will only get WORSE on the red stones for everyone, and for those of us who worked long hours/years to get to the red stone levels. it'll just tick us off. Sure Red Stones aren't Unbuyable anymore, but that's mostly due to the supply being added from various sources, including the battledome and such.

When talks of war started, I was in the 7-stone range. By the beginning of the war, I was more than halfway through the 8-stone range and managed to get my level and stats (minus HP) to 250 and stats to 500 during the war. I was having nightmarish training sessions requiring 50-60k per session, (That's why I went for the 500 boost and left my HP a bit behind at about 486)

Really, 3-4 regular codestones imho is way too early to attempt to jump to Level 250. Use Regular Codestones, visit Turmy to maybe get a strength stat boost, Scratchcards ARE hyper-inflated imho, so that's an option, though not longer a great one (Greed stinks for buyers), and of course, there are ALWAYS Kitchen Quests to gain stats from. Just remember, 10 completed quests per day, and try to limit the NP amount you're willing to spend to about 5-6k per Kitchen Quest. If you buy Fortune Cookies from the NC Mall, Get the Faeries Quest Fortune Cookies, 7 days (7x24 hours) where you can Claim 1 free random faeries quest per day, in faerieland. That's at LEAST 1 level, or 2 stat points per day, Unless you get a Crafting Faerie Quest, or a Fountain Faerie Quest.

At level 80, that's 170 level training sessions. In those 170 sessions, you COULD put those regular codestones (and that TRUCKLOAD of training time) to work on your stats so you can get your pet to advance farther in these post-war skirmishes.

PLOTS happen maybe a couple of times a year, IF that. I have not seen a war like the Obelisk War in About 5-6 YEARS. I have a theory that it was like this, without more plot, MAINLY to get the regular battledome challengers out of the BD so they could be updated without taking the brand new BD down so quickly after it was released. So TRUST ME, you guys have TIME before the next major war with major fighting breaks out. ;)

My advice? Battle daily, USE the regular codestones you get, and STOCKPILE the Red Codestones you get. Save them in the BD for when you advance to level 250+

If you're going from 80 to 250, it will cost you a LOT all at once, instead of spreading it over a span of time. And by the time you do, you'll have missed this post-war skirmish without really gaining anything from it. It was already in the Neopian Times Editorial that the War is over and we see an increase in War Points from these skirmishes.

I personally think that over lv100, with the current state of things, it's not unreasonable to go for red codestones.

lv80 is still early to start going for red codestones. However, lv100->250 is reasonable. This is because you can get 4.5x multiplier at stat 200. That is a jump from 3x to 4.5x, which is 50%. So you should be at least at stat 200 before stopping the training except for levels. Comparatively speaking, at stat 250, the multiplier is only 5.5x. Clearly, it's a diminishing return. At this pace, it might be more advantageous to get to lv250 so you can even unlock the faerie abilities.

Also, if you use NC, just crack a fortune cookie every 8 days.

If you are short on money, farm Habitarium (120-140k/day). However, I suggest saving NP for HT weapons instead, NOT for the overly-inflated codestones. Try the Maraqua arena for better codestone drops (giant wallein). Play KeyQuest to get codestones as well. I believe you can get 10+ codestones per day at that speed. Most of the training beyond 6 codestones most likely will take a full day. You will even end up with some spare ones everyday depending on how much you play. Take your time levelling up so you can profit as much as possible from cookies, quests, etc. without worrying about your stats increase kicking you into a more expensive training tier. In the meanwhile, stock up on red codestones.

Codestones have now dropped sharply in price the past 5 days. Full update after 11 more battles with Genius Inventor + breaks.

(Around 3:20 AM)

Edit: By MaskedBeastDesGardius: Banned for banning the guy who kept me up to date with his codestone prices. Nah too long.

So you LIKE my prices?

Sorry, RL and silly Oracle who hates peace keeps me from updating prices.

Price Check:

Vo: 13.5k (-3k) ------ *celebrates*

Eo: 13.35k (-1.65k)
Lu: 10.9k (-2.1k)

Zei: 8.8k (-1.2k)

Tai-Kai: 5.3k (-0.7k)

Har: 4.5k (-2k)

Orn: 4.3k (-0.7k)

Main: 4.1k (-0.4k)

Bri: 4k (-0.9k)

Mau: 3.8k (-0.65k)

Total: 72.55k (DOWN A WHOPPING 13.3k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in 120 HOURS)

*happy dance*

wakka9ca, there's an order to things, and patience is part of that order. Gotta crawl before you can stand, stand before you can walk, walk before you can run.

Besides, if everyone ramped up to the red stone level, the regular codestones would be probably be next to worthless. Look at how TNT messed up (IMHO) with the new faeries. Most types are pretty much below 1k, While the Light Faeries are maybe 8x the cost of the cheapest other types, or an even higher multiple at times. granted it's nice tehy came down from 60k+. But there's really no price balance in place for them, and most of the types of new faeries aren't of much use. it restricts rather than grows. You know?

There has to be an order to things, otherwise there would be only chaos. Besides, if you just battle, or play keyquest and train with codestones you win, saving your red codestones until you get to that training range, then by the time you are finally AT level 250, you should have a mess of Red Stones saved up and not have to buy ANY codestones for a good long time while you're training. On top of that, because other people are below level 250 and need regular codestones, you can SELL the regular ones you get from random events and the battledome. So that not only are you SAVING NP by not having to buy Red Stones, but you ALSO will be making NP by selling the regular ones.

It's all because of the order of things. I know being patient isn't easy. The Obelisk war was the first war where I felt like my pet was strong enough to do his part, and do it well, (and he did imho). But everything DOES have a proper order and there are reasons for that order. Actions and consequences, must be considered.

Codestone Pricer, That IS an amazing overall drop in price!

I've noticed that the red Zed Codestones are finally dropping a fair bit. (Haven't been keeping track like you do. lol Noticed they're backed off from 30k finally though. lol)