Inflation of Codestones

Free bumps! Haha, just kidding. I try to pop on this thread and check out your updates at least once a day, from now on I'll just reply while I'm in here, because this is enormously helpful. I have a weird hoarding thing where I feel like while I'm training I need to keep 20 of each kind in my SDB, so this helps me a lot - and I'm excited about the price drop, because Eo is always my problem one, I can't seem to keep that number up.

Not sure if I said it, but I decided to keep everything for myself. I guess that the inflation will mostly affect equipment until the end of the war.

Free bumps! Haha, just kidding. I try to pop on this thread and check out your updates at least once a day, from now on I'll just reply while I'm in here, because this is enormously helpful. I have a weird hoarding thing where I feel like while I'm training I need to keep 20 of each kind in my SDB, so this helps me a lot - and I'm excited about the price drop, because Eo is always my problem one, I can't seem to keep that number up.

I get this problem with Bri codestones! It's one of the more readily available codestone too, so it's just weird I never get them personally, and the training school keeps asking me for Bri codestones, haha.

Thanks for all the replies!

Sorry I didn't update 5 am NST yesterday, one page takes a minute to load.

Price Check:

Vo 11.9k

Lu 13k

Eo 11k

Zei 8.95k

Har 5.4k

Tai-Kai 4.7k

Orn 4.65k

Bri 4.1k

Mau 3.6k

Main 3.4k

Total: 70.7k (UP 10.7k or 17.83% in 30 HOURS)

Prices have inflated massively, as expected. Get your last cheap codestones now before we see ridiculous prices again!

Price Check:

Vo 12k

Lu 12.7k

Eo 11.2k

Zei 8.9k

Har 5.9k

Tai-Kai 4.9k

Orn 4.8k

Bri 4.3k

Mau 3.7k

Main 3.45k

Total: 71.85k (UP 1.15k or 1.63% in 25.5 HOURS)

Prices have inflated, albeit at a slower pace.

Surely the few points you could increase over the few days the waves last aren´t enough to withstand them? On lower levels you can maybe get...a dozen or so stat increases in a few days? So inflation because of harder enemies seems unlikely. Unless people just train because they want to toughen their pet up for the future.

If somone is closing in on the next boost, it can make a significant difference; it might let them win instead of draw. And I really hope this war lasts longer than "a few days"! I would hope this war lasts at least a month.

I started aggressively training (4-6x/day) once war rumors started (vs. doing 1-3/day as I remembered), even though I had *just* reached the 550 boosts. I hit the 600 boosts two days before the war started. I probably won't make it to the 650 boosts before the war ends (especially since in Ninja School, that bumps you to the next codestone level, whereas it wouldn't in the regular school - which means that in the regular school, you could train just strength or just defense to get a single boost), but I'm training like I could. (But that's because reds haven't inflated like regulars -- during TFR, after a certain point, I only trained once I had the codestones on hand, because I needed several/training and didn't really need the next boost. And codestones weren't being handed out left and right like they are now.)

^I don't mind the war going on for a month, as long as low leveled players have something to do too ;)

I guess I keep the codestones for a few more days and see if they rise, otherwise I keep them for myself when I reach 40.

I hadn't bought in the last few days because of the inflation (again) and I'm not getting many off of battling - as a matter of fact, I only got one today and one yesterday and I used to get four or five a day as part of my 15 prizes. So my stash is getting dangerously low, and I'm getting very close to having to use 4 codestones for training! :/ Not happy.

Yeah, I'm not getting a lot of codestones either, so whatever I have in my SDB will soon be used, especially as my pet is approching level 100 (so 5 codestones per training). I bought some codestones when they seemed reasonably priced. In a way, I hope the deflation will be soon! D:

Price Check:

Vo 12.1k

Lu 12.7k

Eo 11.6k

Zei 8.8k

Har 5.55k

Tai-Kai 5k

Orn 4.8k

Bri 4.4k

Mau 3.8k

Main 3.5k

Total: 72.25k (UP 0.4k or 0.56% in 25 HOURS)

Prices have stabilized.

I've been getting decent stuff today battling as far as to sell, and I got 6 codestones last night while KQing. So that helped a lot! :D It's really weird to see the red codestones so much cheaper than the regular ones, though.

Yes, the Red Codestone deflation is silly in a way. That's why I am power leveling to 250 as soon as possible and train for dirt cheap. I might buy a few hundred Red Codestones to be set for the next few years just to be safe :D

Typical case of supply and demand. Only very few people have pets over level 250 and the Battledome is basically giving the Red Codestones away. Only few people want them.

Hmm... I don't think it's so silly if you think about it. Demand is much higher right now for regular codestones since the majority of neopians have yet to make it to the ninja academy. Also, a lot of neopians started training as soon as they heard about the plot, (with very low stats beforehand) like myself. Also, if you have spent all that time training at the Mystery Island school and you finally made it to the ninja scool then that is definitley a good thing. Considering all the blood, sweat, and tears you went through trying to get that far. :P

If I were close to getting into the Ninja training school I'd be stocking up on those red codestones right now! I imagine they may inflate a wee bit eventually, since the BD seems to be giving out more regular codestones than red ones.

Thanks for all the updates! Had to buy a bunch of codestones today :sick02: That was painful!

I also bought some faeries today for the abilities, not to resell. Here is what I tracked for prices, wow are they skyrocketing since rockyroad1's last update March 4th!

approximate prices:

Water: 28k, Air: 7.9k, Earth: 5.5k, Fire: 8.9k, Dark: 9.5k, Light: 40k(!!!), Unidentifiable: 17k (updated 6:35 NST March 6)

Yes, the Red Codestone deflation is silly in a way. That's why I am power leveling to 250 as soon as possible and train for dirt cheap. I might buy a few hundred Red Codestones to be set for the next few years just to be safe :D

Typical case of supply and demand. Only very few people have pets over level 250 and the Battledome is basically giving the Red Codestones away. Only few people want them.

I keep thinking of doing that, but I'd hate that TNT decides to change the BD's prizes and it backfires. I'll need 5 codestones per session soon.

I'll wait to complete the achievement on another day, since it's not important to do it today. I need Lens Flare still, but I am hoping I get the bottles from the BD instead (I have 10 points in Earth and Light, so it's whichever I get first to 15.)

(Thanks for all the updates! Had to buy a bunch of codestones today :sick02: That was painful!

I also bought some faeries today for the abilities, not to resell. Here is what I tracked for prices, wow are they skyrocketing since rockyroad1's last update March 4th!

approximate prices:

Water: 28k, Air: 7.9k, Earth: 5.5k, Fire: 8.9k, Dark: 9.5k, Light: 40k(!!!), Unidentifiable: 17k (updated 6:35 NST March 6))

Thanks! Can't update the previous days due to time constraints.

In other news, I got a Light Bottled Faerie and a Lu Codestone after a brutal fight against the Brutal Mercenary.

Edit: Just got my best payday in weeks. Est. Value of prizes: 73000 NP

Price Check:

Vo 12.5k

Lu 13k

Eo 11.8k

Zei 9k

Har 5.7k

Tai-Kai 5k

Orn 4.8k

Bri 4.4k

Mau 3.9k

Main 3.5k

Total: 73.6k (UP 1.35k or 1.87% in 24 HOURS)

Prices slowly creeping up... don't think prices will rise to 80k per set anymore.

:offtopic: Yay! 122 replies!

5:25 AM NST March 7, 2013

Edit:

Price Check:

Vo 12.3k

Lu 12.4k

Eo 11.4k

Zei 9k

Har 5.95k

Tai-Kai 5k

Orn 4.75k

Bri 4.4k

Mau 3.9k

Main 3.5k

Total: 72.6k (Down 1k or 1.36% in 24.33 HOURS)

Prices have leveled off.

I hope this thread won't die.

5:45 AM NST March 8, 2013