what's the most frustrating part of neopets ?

Angeló

I think my biggest irritation still is their push for cash. I think that neocash is a good idea but to buy one mitten per snowball? That was mean and corporatey. I understand that they want to get money, but with all the ads, premium accounts (and the way they treat their premium account users) I just feel really disgruntled when I feel forced to make a purchase.

I would be more happy to shell out $10 supporting a site I like rather than having to "miss out" because I don't want to play in their sketchy money fishing games

Not to suggest that the Neopets economy is anything like the real world economy, but I know there's items that I can't imagine ever affording. Kind of like coming across and admiring a really gorgeous real-life item only to find out it's way beyond your disposable income (stamps or H4000). I suppose that the majority of multi-million/billionaires get their NP through restocking but I know I don't have the time to invest in countless page refreshes. I'm glad that Neopets has developed a lot more ways to get NP though. [Edit: The multiple games and efforts to make the economy more equitable, which they have added since my several-year hiatus, is great. The Habitarium and Forgotten Shore, for example.]

I understand the random daily avatars as a means to get users to visit frequently. But I recall being sick for a whole week and, though I was able to get the avatar, refreshing for literally multiple hours for the Graveyard avatar is time-consuming, and achieves nothing other than being able to say that I had the time to sit, listen to music, and refresh for hours.

Finally, like hanalways said, their push for NC is a bit much as I don't think the number of NC categories in this year's Neopies is representative of the number of users who actually purchase NC items.

Glitches/weirdness in games.

Snowmuncher: Potions and gems that are mysteriously consumed by falling blocks and falling blocks that are coming out of nowhere and hits me on the head.

Escape to Kreludor: Power-ups that suddenly vanish.

Ultimate Bullseye II: Weird physics, when it looks like the arrow would hit the target, but flies right past. You can only aim up and down, not left and right, so this sounds impossible.

Neggsweeper: Not a glitch, but it's really annoying when you've got a corner of 2x2, two bombs left and no sure indication of where they will be.

It is definitely the games for me, too, especially if I am aiming to make it in the High Scores table and get a trophy (though in my case, sheer dumb luck is usually how I even make it that far XD)

For me, it is the language and coding filters, as well. I can barely code a petpage or a lookup because they are so strict and that is why pretty much all my pages are blank and boring. I just don't know how to do it without being stopped at every turn by their filters! It is so frusterating.

That, and I am too afraid to say a word on Neopets because their filters are so sensitive you really can barely say anything. That's why I go here.

And another thing: DELINA THE CRAFTING FAERIE. She is nothing but a problem. She'd be less of a problem if she asked for NP items instead, but she's at her worst during the Faerie Quest event, when we're trying to do daily quests for increased pet stats (or cross our fingers and hope we get the Fountain Faerie), and all Delina does is get in the way of that. She needs to exist only as a Bonus quest after completing a regular Faerie Quest. I just wish TNT would put her in her place during the Faerie Quest event in February, which is away from the event period. I however don't mind the occasional event later in the year where you can visit her, see if she is in and taking quests, just not when she is interfering with regular faerie quests, because that is not okay.

I forgot about the language and coding filters (probably because I don't socialize enough on Neopets, and haven't gotten around to do a lot of coding). I do wish we could do more, it's rather restricting.

I definitely agree with the Crafting Faerie. I think the worse is that you don't know if you're on her quest since the Shop Wizard is still useable: you must go on the Faerie Quest page to see if you are indeed on her quest. I tend to miss those random events (more so lately since I'm playing NeoQuest, and I click a bit fast).

Customer service and complainers on the NeoBoards/the people who want TNT to stop changing and bring the old Neopets back.

Everything else is invalid.

I totally get the Ultimate Bullseye one! How?! How does it go *past* the target? Also annoying: the halloween site theme, you have to be on at midnight NST, where I am, that's the middle of the night! Left my comptuer on all night, on neopets, last Halloween, but maybe it doesn't count when it's on screensaver or if you don't refresh because I didn't get it. Grr. :P

Right now, two specific flash games. Ice Cream Machine, and Feed Florg. My internet gets a bit laggy sometimes, which causes the games to freeze for a split second... When it does that, the game automatically ends. It makes it really frustrating to try and get high scores or avatar scores.

The most frustrating part for me right now is how long it takes to train at the swashbuckling academy. :P What wiith the upcoming plot and whatnot, but I do understand why it does... but still.. I just want my pet to be a superior warrior asap. :medieval:

For me lately it's Key Quest. The game was working fine and I was actually enjoying it, since I just got into it but then when it came to mini games the screen would freeze or I could see the game and what the other players were doing but I couldn't do anything. Also, every now and then when I rolled the dice it would take for ages rolling then skip my turn.

Sometimes it would even just cut me out of the game completely.

Random avatars...Buried Treasure, Wheel of Extortion, Grundo Plushie, and especially Snowager.

I like that you called it Wheel of Extortion. XD If fits far more better than Extravagance as you just keep wasting 100k on nothing.

For me lately it's Key Quest. The game was working fine and I was actually enjoying it, since I just got into it but then when it came to mini games the screen would freeze or I could see the game and what the other players were doing but I couldn't do anything. Also, every now and then when I rolled the dice it would take for ages rolling then skip my turn.

Sometimes it would even just cut me out of the game completely.

This. Yes. Exactly this. I wish there was some way that TNT could tone down the graphics or something on KQ and make it easier to play on not-so-great PC's. My computer completely glitches out during the mini-games and I see people score all these points and I get 0. Totally a disadvantage, which is why I rarely play. Sometimes I play only two player matches though, just for the heck of it. I've gotten a few nice looking neggs from it at least. :) I won one gold key out of like 20 games. LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate Marina, the Healing Springs Faerie. Whenever I go to visit her, all she ever does is give my pets 3 or 15 HP, or items, and she flat out never gives me what I want, which is just to restore the HP of my pets! (I want my Aisha's back to complete 65/65, not 200/65!) I'm sick of her and her lack of magical abilities, I just want my pet's HP back to normal so I can train her in Endurance.

I hate Marina, the Healing Springs Faerie. Whenever I go to visit her, all she ever does is give my pets 3 or 15 HP, or items, and she flat out never gives me what I want, which is just to restore the HP of my pets! (I want my Aisha's back to complete 65/65, not 200/65!) I'm sick of her and her lack of magical abilities, I just want my pet's HP back to normal so I can train her in Endurance.

You can train Endurance even if it's 200/65. It's only the last number that matters! If you're being told that your Endurance is too high to train, it's because your level isn't high enough, not because the Healing Springs have given you too much health.

My biggest frustration is avatars (maybe I shouldn't admit that? xD) More specifically, my frustration comes with hitting a cap, of sorts. Yes, there are more avatars I can theoretically obtain, but they're near impossible (like those stamps and last few randoms.) My favorite avatars to achieve were the ones I knew I could get if I worked at them, so I had a goal that I was set on accomplishing, even if it took months. Now that I'm down to the hardest ones out there, the fun has kind of been taken out of it.

You can train Endurance even if it's 200/65. It's only the last number that matters! If you're being told that your Endurance is too high to train, it's because your level isn't high enough, not because the Healing Springs have given you too much health.

Her level is 40, so it's fine....but I would really like her normal HP back.. >_>

Hrrghhhh. I've got so many things I hate about Neo these days...

People that offer on my trades with less than half of the logical price, and then withdraw after like 15 minutes while I'm eating dinner/doing homework/playing Key Quest, etc.

Ooh and the people who, after you reject their junk offer, re-offers with 5k more than their original offer. (HINT HINT, person who keeps re-offering on my Cloud Petpet PB.)

-Playing a long game of Key Quest, only for the person to quit after 20+ min when I'm about to win.

-Random events that I can never get, such as the Jacko the Phantom Painter RE or the avatars that take 5 hours of refreshing at a page.

-My inability to play certain games because kids under 13 mustn't ever be exposed to such 'mature' games such as Grarrl Keno, Scorchy Slots and Double or Nothing.

And - My net has not been responding well on Neo. I went to visit Marina again and clicked the "Heal My Pets" option...and NOTHING happened, because the page would NOT load AT ALL. How do I know? Because there was no increase in my active's HP, and that is all she ever gives me. I visited again, thinking it didn't work the first time, and then I got a "Don't come back here again for another 30 minutes" type message (Okay, she does not actually say that), but I WASTED a whole turn all because my stupid net wouldn't load the page! So nothing happened!

Actually, something did - I checked my inventory and she gave me another Wet Snowball. I'd love to throw it in her face. >_>

Actually, something did - I checked my inventory and she gave me another Wet Snowball. I'd love to throw it in her face. >_>

Haha, I would love to do that too.

Wait... http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=507761&week=480

OH YEAH! YOU GO NOVUS! :P

(On a side note: What's your battle pet's species? If it's a Pteri, you can feed them any food item with 'worm' or 'grub' in the name, and they will become bloated or very bloated instantly AND be healed back to maximum HP.)

Haha, I would love to do that too.

Wait... http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=507761&week=480

OH YEAH! YOU GO NOVUS! :P

(On a side note: What's your battle pet's species? If it's a Pteri, you can feed them any food item with 'worm' or 'grub' in the name, and they will become bloated or very bloated instantly AND be healed back to maximum HP.)

She's an Aisha, I know that's not the most popular battle pet species choice. But....I don't care XD

If she were Ghost, I could feed her Magical Ghost Marshmallows, but I'm keeping her Darigan. My Acara is the Ghost pet, but she's not a fighter like my Aisha is.

Her level is 40, so it's fine....but I would really like her normal HP back.. >_>

Could you battle? Then her HP would go down. (But maybe I'm just biased...)

Could you battle? Then her HP would go down. (But maybe I'm just biased...)

I suppose, though I feel she is not quite ready for battle. I could go to the BD forum for some feedback on her stats and weapons.