Lost Password Form To Receive Update

hrtbrk

Today's news reveals that TNT is working on a new Lost Password form, and there will be some changes. Most noticebly, it will no longer be a password request and will instead be a password reset!

Once the changes take effect, you'll receive a link via email to reset your password if you forget it.

pteri_maraquan_bubbles.gif

Password resetting is exactly what all other websites do when you lose your password, so Neo is just catching up with the rest of the internet. As a matter of fact, this was something they SHOULD have done long ago, because requesting is never as secure and might also be to blame for many hacked/lost accounts (like the post above).

For some reason, someone/something always requested my "lost" passwords almost daily, so I was obviously a little concerned and swapped my active accounts to a new address. I still do get that email every few days on the old email, though.

I'm glad they've decided on this change, since I'd always thought it was odd they'd send out all of your info just like that when they're so careful about everything else. It'll leave less worry for everyone in that regard, but I'm going to be pretty annoyed if I start getting sent links to reset my passwords, instead!

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't even aware your password was sent to you in an email if you requested it until I forgot mine a couple of weeks ago. I was shocked and was wondering why they didn't just have a password reset as that's what I was expecting. Glad they're changing it now! :)