Games Master Challenge: Pirate vs Ninja!

hrtbrk

They changed Switcharoo to Flycatcher with the same score (surprising, Ninjas usually get a lower score :P) and right now it's tied 50-50. Although the flag on the rope still sits at the 52% spot in Pirates' favor. So either the Ninjas have a massive following making up for past challenges since they can't play 2 today, or it was bugged from the start.

Hello Gamers,

We are aware that some of the games aren't working at the moment. (These games are Jumpin Gem Heist, Ugga Drop, and Wrath of the Snowager.) We are working to get them fixed ASAP so that you can complete your challenges.

We are also planning to extend the deadline for submitting on the day of release, but we won't know exactly what that extension will be until we are able to get the games fixed.

Thanks for your patience,

The Neopian Holiday Fix It Team

http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=152779904

Glad to know they're working to fix it. I've never played Jumpin Gem Heist before, so we'll see how that goes when it's finally up and running. And it took me a grand total of 45 minutes of solid playing, but I finally managed to get over 50 points in Ultimate Bullseye 2. I don't know if I'm aiming for the bonuses or not for this one, that game is the bane of my existance.

So it will affect our overall trophy score if we don't finish the challenges on the day they're released?

It will, but not on the glitching games. They'll give us a chance to make those up.

Anyone else having a really hard time getting Neopets to load? I'm talking on the boards but I can barely chat or load.

Yeah, it's being really slow >.<

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above. Quotes do not contribute to the word count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Same here. I can't even manage to hit a single balloon when they pop up. -_-

I actually managed to hit the apple on Punchbag Bob's head this last time... then ended with a score of 48. :sad02: I don't know how many more times I can do this.

The TDN guide does help somewhat, though...

Edit: *cheers* I hit a balloon and the target by pure luck, and ended with 59 points. I'm never playing this game again.

I finally did all the bonuses for Ultimate Bullseye 2, and it nearly took me all day to do it. Bleh.

For those having trouble, I say just practice until you get a feel for it. I played for almost an hour this morning before getting my first score over 50 points, and that only happened because I managed to hit a balloon and hit the target in one shot. If you hit the balloon, you'll get a small amount of points, if you hit the balloon AND the target, you'll get more points (I got 30 points for it on several occasions). If you can time it/guess when a balloon/the dummy with the apple on its head might pop up, try using your triple arrow powerup right before that. It might take a while because it's totally random and you can't tell until AFTER you've picked a powerup, but if you do it make sure you spend special attention to the power meter and you have a really good chance of hitting it with at least one of your arrows.

Type CATAPULT at the very beginning of your game to get a powerup, and, personally, I restarted the game if I got anything other than a fire hoop or a three arrow whatchamacallit. I've restarted more games today then my entire time at Neopets, but when I got a rhythm going I managed to do pretty good. :) I wish everyone luck!

All of the power ups are valuable, in my opinion. The growing/shrinking board increases your chance of hitting closer to the middle (or hitting the board at all :P) and will give you a new power up if you hit it, and so will the moving board power up, which in addition may make it easier to hit the board. The inverted board makes it so much easier to get a bullseye and is my favourite power up (I always save it for the last shot, since getting a bullseye there will give you three more shots). Triple arrows and flame hoop are definitely nice too. My ideal situation is to have the triple arrows, flame hoop and inverted board on the last try AND two balloons :D