Want the REALLY easy Neopian Battlefield Legends Champion Trophy?

Jezebel

Dear TDNstaff, I'm not sure if there's a proper section for placing game guides, but this is the general and so I figured I'd just post in here. Please move it if this is the wrong section.

To start off Neopian Battlefield Legends (NBL), choose the "Meridell's Counterattack" stage as Darigan. You are going to only need three towers to beat this: the catapult tower, the rapid-fire tower and the snowball tower.

When you start the game, you start off with 150 gold. Use your 150 gold to place two rapid-fire towers as such:

a4afc8.jpg

DO NOT UPGRADE THESE TOWERS. Once you get 75 more NP, you will use that to buy a third rapid-fire tower and place it like this: (Please note that my screenshot button messed up, and that's why my towers are higher-leveled. You should only have level 1 rapid-fire towers at this point):

2dc9um0.jpg

Now, upgrade the middle-most rapid-fire tower once you get 60 more NP. Then upgrade the last tower (the furtherest left) when you get 60 more NP. Then upgrade that same tower again. Then upgrade the first (the rightmost) tower once you get 60 more NP. Upgrade that tower once more, and then the middle-most tower (that way, all of your towers should be at level 3). Once you reach 60 NP, upgrade the middle-most tower to the fourth and final level. After that, open the window next to your first tower (you will be on the seventh wave at this point). An attacker will start damaging your first tower. Your other two towers will be able to battle the enemies that are coming and stop them from reaching the end. When the attacker starts getting your first tower's health lower, upgrade it. It should then defeat the defender, giving you enough NP to also upgrade your final (left-most) tower. All of your towers should now be fully upgraded.

Once you reach 150 NP, the next tower you will build will be a catapult tower. From this point, you will build all catapult towers and two snowball towers. Your first catapult tower will go near the front, because it destroys attackers quickly (something that would really pester you with any other tower at the front). You will place the catapult tower one space to the right of the rightmost rapid-fire tower, like such:

erzq53.jpg

After fully upgrading that tower, you will introduce your first snowball tower, which costs 200 NP. The snowball tower will go one space to the left of the rightmost rapid-fire tower. After you've fully upgraded the snowball tower, you'll place a catapult tower one space up and to the right of your only other catapult tower. This screenshot shows you where to first place the snowball tower and then the catapult tower:

2vt2j46.jpg

After this, you'll build one more snowball tower (above the left-most rapid-fire tower) and a ton of catapult towers. Follow the walking path of the enemies, and place catapult towers outside of that. You can either build a snowball tower or catapult towers first, however I suggest building two catapult towers near the entrance, and then the snowball tower above the left-most catapult tower. To clarify the position of the second snowball tower, it should be placed here:

2z7fqmu.jpg

After this, you will only place catapult towers and upgrade them. By the end of the game, you should have catapult towers all around the moving path of the enemies. I HIGHLY suggest placing a catapult tower in between the first two catapult towers you built, just to destroy the attackers you face (it saves you a lot of NP when you don't have a tower fall). Your final map will look something like:

24gvakj.jpg

Nice! This is pretty much the same thing that we offer in our Battlefield Legends guide, too!

Yay for trophies!

That's actually were I learned how to play LOL

I'm glad you posted it because I had forgotten to.

Thank you!

Mere words can't express how excited I am for this guide. I've wasted HOURS trying to get that trophy but couldn't figure it out!

No problem!

I just wanted to spell it out to make it as simple as possible. It is very similar to how the official TDN guide does things, except even simpler, in my opinion.

Heads up on trophies for anyone who isn't aware, you're not guaranteed one for maxing the score. You get inserted at the lowest rank with a score of 125,266. When someone else gets the score, you move up one spot and the person in the first-place spot gets bumped off. This continues until the day ends. Getting a trophy with this game is timing as much as being good at the game.

That's actually were I learned how to play LOL

I'm glad you posted it because I had forgotten to.

Thank you!

No problem!

I just wanted to spell it out to make it as simple as possible. It is very similar to how the official TDN guide does things, except even simpler, in my opinion.

Hah! I got this trophy recently! I love how you can increase the speed of the game. I remember though, you still have to make sure you are not bumped out. :D

Heads up on trophies for anyone who isn't aware, you're not guaranteed one for maxing the score. You get inserted at the lowest rank with a score of 125,266. When someone else gets the score, you move up one spot and the person in the first-place spot gets bumped off. This continues until the day ends. Getting a trophy with this game is timing as much as being good at the game.

I would just wait till the first day of November. It usually takes two to three days before the scores completely fill up the highscores table.

Also, do you all think she should make one hub thread that connects to all game guides? Or maybe even make game guides for games with a limit score? Games like Bruno's Backwoods Breakaway, Faerie Caves II, Hannah's countless games, etc.

Thanks for posting this. I'm still unsure about game trophies though. Can you only ever get a game trophy on the first of the month?

it is easier to get a trophy if you try on the first days of each month,

this is because on the first of each month the high score tables are cleared, and if you are fast *and been practicing* its thus easier to get in the high score tables :D

otherwise over the month, it fills up with increasingly higher scores as more and more people play :)

it is easier to get a trophy if you try on the first days of each month,

this is because on the first of each month the high score tables are cleared, and if you are fast *and been practicing* its thus easier to get in the high score tables :D

otherwise over the month, it fills up with increasingly higher scores as more and more people play :)

Thanks for explaining that to me. So then, it is not impossible to beat the highscore and get a gold trophy in the middle of the month, just more difficult? I'm curious how they go about this. Do they just give out gold trophies to anyone who beats the current 'highscore' so all those people get trophies? I know... My question probably doesn't make a lot of sense. Let's say someone plays on the first of the month and gets a high score of 125,749 and then someone else plays towards the middle of the month and gets that same score, or one point higher than that score... do they still get the trophy? Does the person who had the 'highscore' before get there trophy taken away? <---- More than likely not.... but figured I'd ask.

Thanks!!

trophies are awarded every day, you just need to make sure you meet the requirements at midnight :P and haven't been bumped off

http://www.neopets.c...amescores.phtml

so in your example that person who scored on the first on the month assuming their score is in the top, will get a trophy, and then the 2nd person who bumps them off at the middle of the month also gets a trophy and so on.

if you get bumped in the same day and fall below the bronze cuttoff: no trophy for you! :(

you will retain the highest trophy on your userlookup.

e.g. in October i achieved a bronze trophy (not really i fail at games) in.. Kass Basher.

in November i achieved a Gold trophy. i'll only have the gold trophy on my lookup.

if in December i score bronze: i'll still have only the gold trophy on my lookup.

not only do you get a trophy, but if you score a trophy, you earn NPs for every day you hold it, so.. if i scored enough for a gold trophy i'ld have 750NPs each day at midnight i still hold that high spot. if i get bumped down to bronze, i'll get 250np per day i hold it.

remember that for suspiciously high scores, TNT hold off submitting them until a TNT team member approves them, this is why when people may score really high and be frantic to make it onto the table, they don't immediately appear, and so there is a risk of being bumped off despite achieving the score on a certain date. sometimes it takes a few days for TNT to okay a score to make sure there isn't cheating going on. Also loads of other people near your score level will have the same issue so.. its often difficult to be certain you'll get a trophy etc.

i ramble alot. but hope thats helpful. :)

oh and the only exceptions to the monthly clean slate is Pyramids and Sakhmet Solitare which have a 3 month long high scores list, i think? there might be a few i'm not familiar with that do as well. but all the flash games reset on the first of each month.

trophies are awarded every day, you just need to make sure you meet the requirements at midnight :P and haven't been bumped off

http://www.neopets.c...amescores.phtml

so in your example that person who scored on the first on the month assuming their score is in the top, will get a trophy, and then the 2nd person who bumps them off at the middle of the month also gets a trophy and so on.

if you get bumped in the same day and fall below the bronze cuttoff: no trophy for you! :(

you will retain the highest trophy on your userlookup.

e.g. in October i achieved a bronze trophy (not really i fail at games) in.. Kass Basher.

in November i achieved a Gold trophy. i'll only have the gold trophy on my lookup.

if in December i score bronze: i'll still have only the gold trophy on my lookup.

not only do you get a trophy, but if you score a trophy, you earn NPs for every day you hold it, so.. if i scored enough for a gold trophy i'ld have 750NPs each day at midnight i still hold that high spot. if i get bumped down to bronze, i'll get 250np per day i hold it.

remember that for suspiciously high scores, TNT hold off submitting them until a TNT team member approves them, this is why when people may score really high and be frantic to make it onto the table, they don't immediately appear, and so there is a risk of being bumped off despite achieving the score on a certain date. sometimes it takes a few days for TNT to okay a score to make sure there isn't cheating going on. Also loads of other people near your score level will have the same issue so.. its often difficult to be certain you'll get a trophy etc.

i ramble alot. but hope thats helpful. :)

oh and the only exceptions to the monthly clean slate is Pyramids and Sakhmet Solitare which have a 3 month long high scores list, i think? there might be a few i'm not familiar with that do as well. but all the flash games reset on the first of each month.

That was actually very helpful, thank you! I finally get it now. ^_^

I've been curious about the high-scores on pyramids, solitare, snow wars, etc. Is the highscore for that game just your accumlated score over that three month period? & whoever has the highest gets the gold trophy? I'm pretty sure they have two different kinds of trophies for those games.. so I'm just assuming that's how it works. But, I guess the best time to go for a trophy would be at the first of the month around 11pm NST?

For Pyramids and Solitaire it goes off your combined score. These trophies in my opinion are hard to get and unless you have tons of free time on your hands I wouldn't even bother with them.

Thanks for that tip. I've been on a trophy kick recently and would like to accumlate as many as possible. I'm so jealous when I go to other peoples pages who have TONS. But, you are right. I probably shouldn't waste my time on those. It took me long enough to get gold on pyramids as it is. Haha.

EDIT: I'm sorry for taking this thread a bit off-topic @Jezebel. Thank you very much for the amazing game-guide. I will be referring to this a lot so I can start practicing and hopefully get the trophy next month. It shouldn't be too hard, as I used to play a game called 'Kingdom Rush' which is almost exactly like this one. :P

I had no idea neopets had a similar game until you posted this. I really LOVE these types of games.

Does anyone know what score you have to have in order to get 1000NP's from this game?

http://www.thedailyn...les/game-ratio/

that is a little article written by the wonderful Xepha on game score/NP ratios :)

also has a really nifty calculator for calculating the score you need :D

also if you are into accumulating trophies this might be a good start: http://www.thedailyn.../easy-trophies/ <-- list of easy trophies and links to guides on how to get them

Let's stay on topic. This board is only for the discussion of Neopian Battlefield Legends and the guide posted.

If there's further questions about trophies, it would be best to start a new topic to get answers and discuss it.

Thanks for the guides Jezebel and hrtbrk! /stores away in bookmarks for future use.

I always seem to suck at Neopian Battlefield Legends when I play of my own accord but now I will be able to get better at it with these comprehensive walkthrough thingies :)

I wasn't aware that it was one of those games where the top scorer gets bumped off the list as more people score on the board or what-not like Splat-a-Sloth. -_-

I don't really like those ones much. Well most game trophies seem out of reach for me but anyway sorry for getting a little off-track.

I'm guessing that now that this topic is posted there'll be more competition for NBL next month? :laughingsmiley:

I have to bump this topic, (I hope that's allowed) because it's been really useful. The only problem I'm having is the 'attackers' seemed to keep getting frozen in the same spot that they were supposed to get killed in. Eventually they would all pile up and be in the same position and freeze. :sad01_anim:

So not fair! :P I love this game and I have a feeling I could get the trophy on the first of Novemember relatively easily with this guide. **sulks and then walks off to try playing... AGAIN.** :P

EDIT: I also REALLY want to thank the person who wrote this guide. Seriously. I probably still wouldn't have a clue neopets had a game like this. My new favorite game on neopets. They have a game called 'Kingdom Rush' (which is a flash game) on a game website I can't remember the name of. I used to play it for hours. Now you're telling me I can play, and make neopoints, AND possibly win a trophy?! :wub_anim:

YAY!

EDIT: Played all the way through the game. Got a score of 125,266, only one measly point away from getting at the top of the highscores table. (for the time being.) I see everyone on the high list with a score of 125,267. What did I do wrong? Not one person got through, (nor even got close). Are these people using the 'neocash' towers? That's the only thing I can think of. :sad02:

I have to bump this topic, (I hope that's allowed) because it's been really useful. The only problem I'm having is the 'attackers' seemed to keep getting frozen in the same spot that they were supposed to get killed in. Eventually they would all pile up and be in the same position and freeze. :sad01_anim:

So not fair! :P I love this game and I have a feeling I could get the trophy on the first of Novemember relatively easily with this guide. **sulks and then walks off to try playing... AGAIN.** :P

EDIT: I also REALLY want to thank the person who wrote this guide. Seriously. I probably still wouldn't have a clue neopets had a game like this. My new favorite game on neopets. They have a game called 'Kingdom Rush' (which is a flash game) on a game website I can't remember the name of. I used to play it for hours. Now you're telling me I can play, and make neopoints, AND possibly win a trophy?! :wub_anim:

YAY!

EDIT: Played all the way through the game. Got a score of 125,266, only one measly point away from getting at the top of the highscores table. (for the time being.) I see everyone on the high list with a score of 125,267. What did I do wrong? Not one person got through, (nor even got close). Are these people using the 'neocash' towers? That's the only thing I can think of. :sad02:

125,266 is the game limit. I'm not sure if they bought a special NC stage and were able to get it with that, but the accounts honestly look bugged to me (when I see accounts less than 3 months old with 6+ game trophies, most of which being flash games, I usually report).

125,266 is the game limit. I'm not sure if they bought a special NC stage and were able to get it with that, but the accounts honestly look bugged to me (when I see accounts less than 3 months old with 6+ game trophies, most of which being flash games, I usually report).

Oh, I see. Just curious how you ended up earning the gold trophy with that score? Did people just recently start sending scores of 125,267. Because those are the ones on the high-score table. :ohno:

EDIT: You were so right! I just checked the high score list. Coincidentally all the people who managed scores of 125,267 all have accounts UNDER 3 weeks. They all had over 20 GOLD flash game trophys! :thumbsdown: Unless TNT looks into this, I stand no chance. :(

Oh, I see. Just curious how you ended up earning the gold trophy with that score? Did people just recently start sending scores of 125,267. Because those are the ones on the high-score table. :ohno:

EDIT: You were so right! I just checked the high score list. Coincidentally all the people who managed scores of 125,267 all have accounts UNDER 3 weeks. They all had over 20 GOLD flash game trophys! :thumbsdown: Unless TNT looks into this, I stand no chance. :(

I'm reporting them, and I think you should, too. Get rid of these accounts before they do something annoying like release MORE shelled expensive items to the economy. It's so unfair that people like this ruin online gaming for everyone.

I keep practicing at this game (hopefully I'll get on the highscore table during the reset ^^), but I can't get past wave 7. I let the annoying tower attacker dude attack my first tower until the health bar is almost completely down, and then I upgrade to level 4, but he still destroys the tower before he is destroyed. I just don't get it. D:

I keep practicing at this game (hopefully I'll get on the highscore table during the reset ^^), but I can't get past wave 7. I let the annoying tower attacker dude attack my first tower until the health bar is almost completely down, and then I upgrade to level 4, but he still destroys the tower before he is destroyed. I just don't get it. D:

When you see that your tower is almost destroyed 90%+ then sell it for 52 and then buy another tower. It really helps save cash.