What was your first big buy on neopets? (1million or more!)

~Xandria

I know what you mean about not wanting to spend all of your hard-earned NP as soon as you have enough to buy something nice :P I reached 1 mil about two months ago and have since been half-heartedly saving while also spending too much on restocking and the occasional splurge for an avatar item or stamps or something...my goal is to get to 3 mil and then finally get myself to spend NP on a Royal pb for my Kougra :) that will be my first-ever purchase for over 1 mil. Good luck saving!

My first big buy was the full Secret Lab Map back when it only cost 950K. Other than that, I remember buying a Hissi Transmogrification Potion for 800K (then foolishly zapping my Mutant Hissi).

Hmmm, on my old main the first big purchase I made was the lab map, but it was significantly cheaper than it is now. I bought it separately then, and that's what I did this time around too - definitely cheaper that way. I think my first over 1 million purchase was a paint brush but to be honest, I can't remember which one, or for what pet! Heh. For sure this time on my new main my first 1 million plus purchase was the lab map. I'm currently saving up for a bunch of paint brushes - the first two will be Halloween ones. I have enough for several paint brushes but I don't want to break myself, honestly - I've got 10 million in the bank, and I'd like to keep that and then use anything over that for the paint brushes. I'm not sure WHY I set myself up on that level, but I did.

If I'm curious about how a pet will look with a paint brush, I just go to the Rainbow Pool, by the way.

What are Nerkmids? LOL. I learn something new about neopets everyday.

Nerkmids are used for the Alien Aisha Vending Machine to obtain booby to super rare items ( if you're lucky.)

What did you get out of it?

A bunch of booby prizes, but also got a Stealth PB, and a few other rares that I sold for ~42mil total.

No trophy though. :(

Would've used the paintbrush, but I don't care about how my pets look. xD

Nerkmids are used for the Alien Aisha Vending Machine to obtain booby to super rare items ( if you're lucky.)

A bunch of booby prizes, but also got a Stealth PB, and a few other rares that I sold for ~42mil total.

No trophy though. :(

Would've used the paintbrush, but I don't care about how my pets look. xD

XD I sell my PB's. I am not going to be in customization for a while. stealthy seems to be worth 35 million, but there is one on the TP for 20 million.

My first big purchase was the Darigan Paint Brush, bought from the Hidden Tower, which was what I had saved up for all along. Painting Shuhune that Christmas morning years ago felt like a great moment of achievement, I had finally obtained the dream pet I have had for the longest time. I don't even care that she was painted after conversion, she's still beautiful. :wub_anim:

Darigan Paint Brush from the hidden tower on discount day. It actually happened recently, about a couple of months ago. I'm not real big on spending big NP on items ^^;

My first big purchase was the Darigan Paint Brush, bought from the Hidden Tower, which was what I had saved up for all along. Painting Shuhune that Christmas morning years ago felt like a great moment of achievement, I had finally obtained the dream pet I have had for the longest time. I don't even care that she was painted after conversion, she's still beautiful. :wub_anim:

That reminds me, my biggest purchase was actually a Darigan Paint Brush :P I completely forgot about it! I also gave my Darigan Shoyru a Darigan petpet to go along with it.

It took me a long time to earn my first million despite being a neo addict, at the time. That was close to 10 years ago. It's so much easier to earn nps now, but prices for the good stuff has gone way up, too. My first big purchases back then were paintbrushes for my pets. The electric pb and spotted pb were just under 100k each. The baby pb was a bigger splurge at 200k, which seemed exorbitant at the time. My priciest purchase that I can remember was a Faerie Queen Doll. I cost 2 million, but I immediately resold it after I got the avatar.

For some reason, I am not going to buy anything from the hidden tower unless I am able to use discount day. You could save a lot with it. Like the richest avatar, you save 300000.

For some reason, I am not going to buy anything from the hidden tower unless I am able to use discount day. You could save a lot with it. Like the richest avatar, you save 300000.

I think I bought a baby paint brush from the hidden tower so I could get the avatar. It was the item that I felt I could resell quickest and suffer the smallest NP loss for.

I feel though that for people who have 10mil NP to spend on that avatar, saving 300K isn't going to make a difference. Like for me, I definitely don't have that much NP to blow. I believe the half-price day is tomorrow though, so I will be going for the 2 cheaper avatars :) (there's just no way to get around spending the NP if I want those avatars) - so that will also be my next 1 mil NP purchase.

I think I bought a baby paint brush from the hidden tower so I could get the avatar. It was the item that I felt I could resell quickest and suffer the smallest NP loss for.

I feel though that for people who have 10mil NP to spend on that avatar, saving 300K isn't going to make a difference. Like for me, I definitely don't have that much NP to blow. I believe the half-price day is tomorrow though, so I will be going for the 2 cheaper avatars :) (there's just no way to get around spending the NP if I want those avatars) - so that will also be my next 1 mil NP purchase.

Oh, just so you know, you can only buy one item from the Hidden Tower a day. :( So you can buy one of the books tomorrow, and then the other next month (assuming you want to wait for discount day again).

That's what I tried to do last month too- I got the 100k one, and I tried to buy the 1 mill one, and Fyora wouldn't let me. :(

And yeah, I agree. 300k is pocket change if you have enough to spend 10 mill on a book. I mean, it's always nice to save a bit, but still.

Woo thanks for the tip! I always forget about discount/half-price days until someone mentions it here. I guess it's time to part with even more NP for the sake of another avatar tomorrow :sad02:

I can't imagine spending 10 mil on an avatar...it makes me so sad to think about :worried: the day I can freely spend that much NP on a book is the day I will be satisfied with my neo life!

Woo thanks for the tip! I always forget about discount/half-price days until someone mentions it here. I guess it's time to part with even more NP for the sake of another avatar tomorrow :sad02:

I can't imagine spending 10 mil on an avatar...it makes me so sad to think about :worried: the day I can freely spend that much NP on a book is the day I will be satisfied with my neo life!

-patpat- I know what you mean. :( Well, it'll only be 97k for the cheapest of the HT avatars! That's not too bad!

I'm kind of shuddering at the idea of the 10mill book too. :(

Yup. Most expensive thing I bought was the avvie book for 10 mil. Woodland PB comes in a close second though.