What was your first big buy on neopets? (1million or more!)

~Xandria

Hello all. I've finally made my first million on neopets! YAY. I know I'm going to continue saving for awhile but I've run into a few issues.

- I don't exaclty know what my "dream pet" is yet and I have no way to find out b/c I don't know what the paintbrushes look like on different pets. Another neofriend was nice enough to give me a link that showed every neopet and every color available... but I lost it somehow. If someone has this link I would be so greatful for it!!

- I don't know whether I'm willing to spend 3 million on a draik egg! I mean, sure it'd be nice to have one but eh... I don't need one that bad. LOL.

- I know I really want the secret lab map piece set. I don't know how much all that is going to cost me or the cheapest way to go about it, or if that should even be my first big buy.... OR if I should just continue to save. I wanna spend! GRRR. Took me A LONG time to save up a million.

This is getting a bit off-topic. If you have any insight to the above, please offer your advice. If not - just please tell me what your first "big buy" was on neopets and if you were happy with that purchase.

THANKS!

I want to say my first big buy was a faerie paint brush that someone on TDN was selling for way below asking. I sold it for a major profit (this was before they deflated) and I went on a saving spree to try and get a draik. My main goal was UC pets now that they have deflated so much I wish I actually spent the money and traded for the pets that I was getting the offers for. Oh well, live and learn.

Go to the Rainbow Pool (you can find it on the main Neopian shop page) and there you can see any colour on any neopet possible.

Hmmmm, when I made my first million, there wasn't that much that cost 1 million NP, especially that I wanted. One of my first big buys was a faerie paint brush because the faerie poogle is my dream pet, but even with a purple poogle morphing potion, I don't think I even spent that much.

I believe my first 1mil+ purchase was the lab map set.

The website you friend mentioned might be Neocolors. I find it to be the most convenient, although it's not always up-to-date (it is missing the latest additions). Otherwise, there's always Dress to Impress which could be used for customizing your pets.

As for the laboratory map, the cheapest way would be to buy the pieces from the Shop Wizard, and the expensive ones (over 100k) at the Trade Post. Try to haggle! If you want to see the prices trend, I suggest to check SunnyNeo's article on it. That's how I got the whole map, which is also my first big purchase.

As for whether you should get it... it depends, really! It might be cheaper to get a morphing potion, the paint brush or just a FFQ if what you're looking for is only to zap your pet into one of your dream ones. It's very random, but I like to use it to boost one of my pets' stats. I don't mind how she (he now) looks. It can save you dubloons and codestones, but beware it might just undo all the training too.

I was never into Draiks, so it's not something I would buy. If you don't care enough, focus on your other goals.

Hmm. I can't really remember my old accounts, so on this one, my first big buy would have been the lab map. It was tough spending all the NP on Ansteigen as well- one paintbrush is bad enough, but two (Faerie and Royal) plus the morphing potion (he was an Ogrin previously), plus his petpet. Ouch. My bank account was not happy with me!

Hmm. I can't really remember my old accounts, so on this one, my first big buy would have been the lab map. It was tough spending all the NP on Ansteigen as well- one paintbrush is bad enough, but two (Faerie and Royal) plus the morphing potion (he was an Ogrin previously), plus his petpet. Ouch. My bank account was not happy with me!

I didn't understand what you meant at first by 2 paint brushes, but I think I get it now. Did you initially paint your shoyru royal, remove the clothes and then paint it faerie and redress her in the royal clothes?

Because she looks really great and that's a cool thing to think of.

I didn't understand what you meant at first by 2 paint brushes, but I think I get it now. Did you initially paint your shoyru royal, remove the clothes and then paint it faerie and redress her in the royal clothes?

Because she looks really great and that's a cool thing to think of.

Yep, that's exactly it! :) I loved the way the purple RB clothes looked with the Faerie paint job. :) Cross painting (as some people call it) has become quite popular-- some people paint their pets three, four (or sometimes more) times to get all the paint brush clothing they want. :O Expensive, but pretty! LOL.

And thanks! I'm quite happy with how he looks now. :D

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Sounds like the lab ray is one of the most expensive thing on here. How much should I expect to spend on it in all? Less than 2million I hope. :/

And thank you very much for the links to pages to see the neopets. I'm going to check them all out. I'll just be so sad to see all my hard-earned money go. So I want it to be for something really good! Haha. Thanks guy!

Oh and music collection? That sounds pretty cool. I want to start a collection of some sort. :)

Oh and I want to play KeyQuest so badly!! I've tried and succeeded only one time. Usually it freezes up at every single mini-game and then I get booted out. Same with the habitarium. The two best ways to make neopoints are out of my reach for the time-being. :/

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I think I spent the first million I made on a Pirate Chomby Morphing Potion. Then I realised I couldn't customise him very well at all and traded for a pet for a friend xP

I just reached 1 million at one time last night (in my time zone). But I seperatly bought the Secret Lab Map which added up to be like 1,000,000 , ( I had the 100k piece already). So I am still saving.

Oh and I want to play KeyQuest so badly!! I've tried and succeeded only one time. Usually it freezes up at every single mini-game and then I get booted out. Same with the habitarium. The two best ways to make neopoints are out of my reach for the time-being. :/

Lab ray should cost a bit over 1 million now, but you save if you buy them separately.

Congrats on making your first million!

I kept saving after I made my first million - I couldn't bear to spend it. My first big purchase was a Darigan Paintbrush for my Kougra.

If you don't know what to do with your np then just keep saving and collecting the interest. There's no rush to spend it and you can spend some time thinking about what you really want. And by then, you might have even more millions to spend :D

What are Nerkmids? LOL. I learn something new about neopets everyday.