Ye Olde Fishing Vortex Gets New Prizes!

hrtbrk

Tired of fishing all day but only reel up boots and cans? You're in luck!

news-fishing-update-mention2012.png

TNT has decided that not enough prizes were coming from the vortex, so they've upped your chances at getting a prize-winning catch!

In addition, rare items now being found in the water supply! Yipee! Head to the Ye Olde Fishing Vortex now!

Lippstik (my Poogle with Fishing Level 152) fished up a Kora

Nifuel (my Jetsam with Fishing Level 108) got a Rotten Beetroot from fishing

I'd like to have a listing of all new prizes from the fishing cavern, this could be interesting.

You reel in your line and get...

vor_rotten_left_boot.gif

Old Rotten Left Boot!

So much for upped chances eh? :P

What kind of rare prizes? Would it be -oh i don't know- maybe a Water Paint Brush? (angel)

Paintbrushes were part of the random drops before, but maybe they upped the chances.

Right now, it seems that rarity 80+ items that are water related in some way - Maraquan petpets, have water/sea/bog etc in the name are popping up.

I fished up 2 Healing Springs Residue a piece of driftwood, and a pool of stagnant water...how does that work? :laughingsmiley:

You reel in your line and get...

bvs_forgetfulness.gif

Scroll of the Sea!

Your pet's fishing skill increases to 2!

Hm... Probably crap xD

My main's fishing is 99 and she got a cute petpet <3

^ We have a list of items that you may expect from certain fishing level in our Fishing Cavern article here: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/underwater-fishing/

*Does not contain any of the new items however.

Also while this is still active, check out this topic over at the Neoboards (http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=152035817) for some more finds from other Neopets players.

I'm guessing the rarity cap of getting a non-Fishing Cavern exclusive item would be r93 (Scroll of the Sea) (may be higher, currently not sure), and minimum known rarity is r57 (Watery Hot Dog) (rarity may be lower, I'm not sure).

Haha I totally thought of your gallery when I heard this news. Maybe it was the reason they were inspired to add new prizes! :P

Hopefully I fish up some sweet items soon. :)

Heh! Perhaps it was! :D

Well, I'll get my hands on as many of the new items as possible as quickly as possible! Some of the new items are SO CUTE, especially the petpets! :D

Also, there are a bunch of books- it'll be nice for those to deflate- I love cheap books. XD

As soon as I saw the title for this I thought of Rebecca too, haha! :D Well, this is pretty awesome, I'm excited to see what else we can get.

Aww! :D -hugs-

These are all the new items I've heard of so far:

Slimy Bog Scroll

Water Faerie Water Blaster

Ancient Shopping List Scroll

Ultra Bubble Beam

Scroll of the Sea

Mundo

Nupie

Kora

Watery Hot Dog

Stagnant Puddle of Water

healing springs residue

Rotten Beetroot

rotten omelette sandwich

Splime

Old Box Fort

Noak

Water Mote

Bubble Mote

Cheap Water Ring

Magical Healing Potion

Some of these really did not need to deflate any more (Water Mote? lol), but hey, new items. :3

Aww! :D -hugs-

These are all the new items I've heard of so far:

Slimy Bog Scroll

Water Faerie Water Blaster

Ancient Shopping List Scroll

Ultra Bubble Beam

Scroll of the Sea

Mundo

Nupie

Kora

Watery Hot Dog

Stagnant Puddle of Water

healing springs residue

Rotten Beetroot

rotten omelette sandwich

Splime

Old Box Fort

Noak

Water Mote

Bubble Mote

Cheap Water Ring

Magical Healing Potion

Some of these really did not need to deflate any more (Water Mote? lol), but hey, new items. :3

You can also throw in Old Picket Fence and Soggy Scroll if you have not added them already, Scoptophobia. Saw those two from some guy at the Neoboards (levels weren't given).

Members, you can help the Content Team out by posting what new items you've come across and the levels your pet has fished them up. Everyone's welcome to help us. :yes:

You can also throw in Old Picket Fence and Soggy Scroll if you have not added them already, Scoptophobia. Saw those two from some guy at the Neoboards (levels weren't given).

Members, you can help the Content Team out by posting what new items you've come across and the levels your pet has fished them up. Everyone's welcome to help us. :yes:

Oh, thanks! :D

As soon as one of my pets decides to be nice and fish up an item I don't already have, I will definitely start helping out. XD I got Rotten Driftwood from both of my pets this afternoon! Little buggers. :P

0_o *rubs eyes*

oh.... *giggles* that cracked me up XD

LOL.

When I saw the first quote I immediately scrolled back up to see if I had made a typo, and I read it as fart at first too. XD The strange things our minds do!

For my pets,

Fishing skill 28: Ultra Bubble Beam

Fishing skill 35: Lurman

Fishing skill 227: Cubical Sea Fungus

Fishing skill 228: Cheap Water Ring

So the item the pet will get is nothing to do with the fishing skill, I guess? :P

Anyway, I am so excited to get new prizes from fishing, especially cute petpets.

the stuff my pets found today. i think its funny that the one with the highest fishing level got garbage

fishing level 36 Watery Hot Dog

fishing level 34 Ultra Bubble Beam

fishing level 38 Lurman

fishing level 41 Petrified Bone

I was wondering what the new items would be until I saw that list. I'm gonna have to try my hand at fishing, I don't do it often. (I usually go every other day only with Blankstarr as he is my fishing pet).