The Habitarium Help Board

Zombiiesque

Wait.... what the heck?!! It's permantley shut down from 2am-4am NST? That's kind of a downer. So what would happen if your habi was running at 2am? Would it just stop? Weird...

Wait.... what the heck?!! It's permantley shut down from 2am-4am NST? That's kind of a downer. So what would happen if your habi was running at 2am? Would it just stop? Weird...

I expect so! Like when Neopets goes down and it's running, your P3s just work ineffectually, and you don't gain any more XP. You'll have to refresh, I imagine, when it comes back online, so don't keep it going if you're going to get a full page of gems before it shuts down!

Exactly, have to be super careful of that. I am thinking that 2AM is 5AM EST and I'm not usually up then, so I'm not sure I'll even leave my habi running and run that risk - unless I set my alarm and get up early to clear it out before disaster happens.

Exactly, have to be super careful of that. I am thinking that 2AM is 5AM EST and I'm not usually up then, so I'm not sure I'll even leave my habi running and run that risk - unless I set my alarm and get up early to clear it out before disaster happens.

I'm not too worried about mine. My timezone is the same as NST, so as long as I clear the board before I go to bed (around 11PM NST), I shouldn't get a full board in 3 hours. But yeah, I expect that most people will stop leaving their Habis on overnight- just in case.

2am NST is 9am here (I think) so on days when I'm working I'll be fine as I don't like to leave my laptop on when I'm out of the house for 10+ hours. Just have to be careful if I'm sleeping in on a weekend I guess!

It's only 1:30 and they shut Habi down already. I thought they were only taking it down at 2am-4am. This isn't right.

Now I lost my only Pinchit nester because I didn't get on today. How quality of you, TNT to take it down sooner and longer than you were supposed to. I hate you.

It's only 1:30 and they shut Habi down already. I thought they were only taking it down at 2am-4am. This isn't right.

Now I lost my only Pinchit nester because I didn't get on today. How quality of you, TNT to take it down sooner and longer than you were supposed to. I hate you.

I'm rather annoyed too. =(

I woke up at 1:45 so I could get my P3s rested during the maintenance. At least I randomly woke up a couple hours ago and cleared the board.

It's after 1, and my Habi is still running. It had better keep running for another hour or 30 mins at least, my Mootix is still laying an egg. :evil_notsmiling:

Already they took it down! OK THAT'S IT TNT ARE BLOODY LIARS!!!!!

TNT, YOU SAID IT WOULD BE TAKEN DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE AT 2AM, NOT 1AM! I HATE YOU! Oh man I have so many words I wanna say right now that are not appropriate.

Ugh, that is super annoying! :( Hopefully it's just to get it ready for daylight savings times?

Ugh, that is super annoying! :( Hopefully it's just to get it ready for daylight savings times?

I wast thinking the same thing, too. They probably had to get their servers ready to handle the time change over the weekend.

OMG one of my Mootix just flew over the board from one location to the other and I didn't even drag it! LOL!! :laughingsmiley: I don't know what this means but it sure is funny.

OMG one of my Mootix just flew over the board from one location to the other and I didn't even drag it! LOL!! :laughingsmiley: I don't know what this means but it sure is funny.

Haha! Maybe it was a delay of an action you did some time before? But I do have weird stuff like that happen, too. One of my Pinchits was tiny and crawling on the outside of the Habi grid. LOL. Must be why we have maintenance from 2PM NST to 4PM NST now. :P

And what you just typed could pass for a Neopian Haiku:

A flying Mootix

Crossing Habitarium

A phantom movement

Contemplate this, and return

tomorrow for another Neopian haiku.

:rock: LOL!

How long did it take any of you to reach level 50? I've been at level 45 for a while now, because I lose interest in habi as it seems to drag on for me, and I'm afraid to leave it to run overnight while I'm asleep. I really want to get up to level 50 so I can use it as a source of income, seeing as I'm horrendous at flash games, I just don't know how to keep myself interested until then because I keep having to constantly rebuild everything every time I play from letting it all go to waste.

I reached level 50 before I got the new computer, so I couldn't leave it running overnight for fear of crashes, etc. Multiple problems with it and I needed an upgrade! But still, I think I managed level 50 on the new account somewhere in my 3-4 week range.

How long did it take any of you to reach level 50? I've been at level 45 for a while now, because I lose interest in habi as it seems to drag on for me, and I'm afraid to leave it to run overnight while I'm asleep. I really want to get up to level 50 so I can use it as a source of income, seeing as I'm horrendous at flash games, I just don't know how to keep myself interested until then because I keep having to constantly rebuild everything every time I play from letting it all go to waste.

I orginally got to level 50 in about three weeks, but that was with leaving my computer on during a lot of nights. After my lock out, it took 8 days to get back to level 50, but my computer was going 24/7.

Sadly, there isn't much about Habi that makes it interesting. You're so close to level 50 now though, you can probably get there in just a couple days if you don't let everything die off. :)

I orginally got to level 50 in about three weeks, but that was with leaving my computer on during a lot of nights. After my lock out, it took 8 days to get back to level 50, but my computer was going 24/7.

Sadly, there isn't much about Habi that makes it interesting. You're so close to level 50 now though, you can probably get there in just a couple days if you don't let everything die off. :)

I remember that I used to have raids with my friends to keep me motivated on Habitarium and I took LV 50 as a competition.

Right, the only motivation I had was just for the money, honestly. It's such an easy and great way to earn money, and I have a bunch of paint jobs left to do, that it motivated me to keep going with it.

I had and still have a goal for 10 million by the end of the year which also keeps me motivated. (I am far off and done with spending. I've covered everything that I need)

It was my original intention to keep 10 million in the bank and everything over that goes towards paint jobs, but I overspent before Halloween and am now working my way back up before I buy anything else. Habi is definitely helping me with that, despite the setbacks this weekend! :P

My magnifying glass is blank - you know, that round thing in the center of the toolbar that displays information? It isn't working.

That's strange! o_O I would refresh, if you haven't done so. If it's still not working, would you mind posting a screen cap? It may jog someone's memory about seeing something like it somewhere else!

Hopefully it just fixes itself though.

I've been lurking through the Habi Neoboards and it seems that TNT is saying that leaving your Habi on overnight is cheating to those who have submitted tickets related to crashes and what not. Has anyone here submitted a ticket and can confirm that?

I don't leave my Habi on overnight anymore (especially with the maintenance going on and the fear of my laptop bursting into flames), but I leave it on while I'm playing other games or working on something else in a different window. I wonder if TNT would consider THAT cheating as well. Blah... why so much to think about, TNT?! It would be nice if they told us flat out what's considered cheating and what's not.

Doesn't it feel like an awkward relationship? Where you're trying to figure out what the other person is thinking so you don't offend/hurt them, but they are not quite telling you what's wrong and so you're left confuzzled trying not to get on their bad side? TNT, where is the love?! :sad02:

TNT has said in response to tickets that it MAY be considered cheating-- but they aren't saying outright in any way that EVERYONE can see that it is cheating, so I think it's just to try to discourage people who do get lockouts from doing the same behaviour that likely got them locked out again.

They had a perfect opportunity in response to an editorial a month or so ago when someone asked point blank if it was cheating or not, and they didn't say it was. So if you want to leave it on over night, I say go for it. Having Habi going while you're doing other stuff on the computer is DEFINITELY not cheating though. :)

I don't think anyone is aware of the actual down-time but from the way it's been going I'd say 1am - 5am most days. Sometimes a bit longer. I've been locked out of my habi twice, sent in two tickets and I've been unlocked within 4 days. I never got a message or anything saying it was cheating. I've since learned that as long as I have 7 nesters, I won't get locked out because I don't have enough workers to fill up the board before I can get too it. I leave it on every other night.