The Habitarium Help Board

Zombiiesque

I've had that happen like 3 times KC. It usually happens if a pest attacks it or if you don't get back to it in time. Usually if you see that the bar isn't there anymore, then the egg has broken. :sad02:

Out of curiousity - about how many pages of eggs is it safe to keep? I have like 7 right now. Too much?

One of my eggs broke!

ohnomyegg.jpg

I couldn't understand why my middle nester wouldn't produce an egg, so I lifted it up and, well, I guess it had been attacked :(

Awww. :( Yeah, that's happened to me as well! I think that if you wait too long to harvest the egg, the P3 can also 'escape' from the egg. :(

I've had that happen like 3 times KC. It usually happens if a pest attacks it or if you don't get back to it in time. Usually if you see that the bar isn't there anymore, then the egg has broken. :sad02:

Out of curiousity - about how many pages of eggs is it safe to keep? I have like 7 right now. Too much?

I think 7 is okay- I've never had an issue with that, at least! TNT doesn't recommend keeping anymore than about 3 pages (your population), but, like I said, I've had 10 without any problems- though it does take a while to 'think' when I go to delete some of them!

I have no idea, but I prefer to keep only as many eggs as I have 3Ps. I've probably had 5-6 pages at the most. When I have that many eggs, I go through them and discard those I have too many of Like if I have 20 soldier eggs, I discard 13, because I like to have 7 soldiers out at all times.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't know that they could escape the egg... I just assumed it had been attacked. I'm gonna keep a closer eye on them from now on!

I have no idea, but I prefer to keep only as many eggs as I have 3Ps. I've probably had 5-6 pages at the most. When I have that many eggs, I go through them and discard those I have too many of Like if I have 20 soldier eggs, I discard 13, because I like to have 7 soldiers out at all times.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't know that they could escape the egg... I just assumed it had been attacked. I'm gonna keep a closer eye on them from now on!

Yeah, it kind of sucks! You normally get a little pop up message from the Professor, saying that one escaped, but if you were doing other stuff in a different tab, it may have disappeared before you saw it. It has to have been fully incubated for a number of hours (I think 10+- I very seldom had broken eggs after coming home from work before, and I would easily be gone 10-11 hours), so it's probably more likely that it was attacked. But it's good to remember to keep an eye on your nests, just in case. :)

EDIT: Whoa, did Habi not go down last night? I HAVE SO MANY GEMS!

I know, right?

I clicked on a gem on accident at 3am NST with a full board and it didn't tell me to log in.

I was already halfway through a lockout heart attack before I realized it wasn't down.

Yeah, it kind of sucks! You normally get a little pop up message from the Professor, saying that one escaped, but if you were doing other stuff in a different tab, it may have disappeared before you saw it. It has to have been fully incubated for a number of hours (I think 10+- I very seldom had broken eggs after coming home from work before, and I would easily be gone 10-11 hours), so it's probably more likely that it was attacked. But it's good to remember to keep an eye on your nests, just in case. :)

I know, right?

I clicked on a gem on accident at 3am NST with a full board and it didn't tell me to log in.

I was already halfway through a lockout heart attack before I realized it wasn't down.

I'm wondering if the "maintenance" was a prank/mean prank by TNT.

May I ask how many of each type of P3 you keep? I'm curious because a lot of people say they only keep 3 soldiers to maximixe profit. Is there a reason you prefer more? Just curious.

Karmacow, I'm like you I keep more soldiers. Xandria, although you didn't ask me, I thought I'd tell you that I do mine a bit differently than most people have said on here, and I keep 7 soldiers, 5 nesters, and the rest workers. I also hatch all but one of my 46 population, so that I can see what I'm harvesting when eggs come ready.

You guys, I was up pretty early this morning and I can indeed confirm that Habi DID NOT go down last night! o_O No idea why, but I'll take that additional income and be happy for it, considering I lost a good chunk over the weekend with the four hours instead of two. Or was it five?

Habi didn't go down? I feel like I missed out. This was the first time since they started maintenance that I remembered to put my p3s away in time. *rolls eyes* Go figure :P

I know, right?

Awww! Well, I'm glad that there were no issues- lockout heart attacks SUCK.

May I ask how many of each type of P3 you keep? I'm curious because a lot of people say they only keep 3 soldiers to maximixe profit. Is there a reason you prefer more? Just curious.

(You didn't ask me either, buuuuut) I personally like to have fewer soldiers and nesters (2 and 4, respectively), and I find that it works out quite well for me. I used to have 5 soldiers and 7 nesters though, and I definitely got more pests destroyed before they disappeared! It's also a pain when I set out a lot of storages to be built- it takes forever, lol. So I expect that people have more soldiers out of convenience! (and probably to prevent lockouts, by limiting gem spawnage).

Karmacow, I'm like you I keep more soldiers. Xandria, although you didn't ask me, I thought I'd tell you that I do mine a bit differently than most people have said on here, and I keep 7 soldiers, 5 nesters, and the rest workers. I also hatch all but one of my 46 population, so that I can see what I'm harvesting when eggs come ready.

You guys, I was up pretty early this morning and I can indeed confirm that Habi DID NOT go down last night! o_O No idea why, but I'll take that additional income and be happy for it, considering I lost a good chunk over the weekend with the four hours instead of two. Or was it five?

Yay! I'm glad it didn't go down- it was such a pleasant surprise. :D

# of Eggs I Keep

I have 10 pages of eggs o_O But I don't keep anymore than that. I store enough eggs so that each species of P3s can populate the whole habi as a nester, soldier, and worker. I keep 8 nesters of each species. 34 workers of each species, and 12 soldiers of each species. Thankfully, I haven't had a problem!

# of Soldiers in Habi

In my experience, having 6 or more soldiers on the board keeps your buildings and resources healthier (at the higher habi levels). You'll have enough soldiers to move to each tile a pest is on.

The way I gauge (on any habi level) how many soldiers to have is to pay attention to many tiles the pests show up on. If you see 5 pests on 5 different tiles spread across the habi, it might be wise to have 4-5 soldiers. Once you get to the higher levels, you might get as much as 8 pests or so, BUT they are only spread across 6-7 tiles because two pests might be "grouped" together on one tile or two tiles close by. So you could safely have 6-7 soldiers in your habi. You can station 1 soldier on the tile with 2 pests and station the other soldiers on the other tiles where pests are. This has really helped in keeping resource damages to a minimum.

I'm not sure how this does for those who like raiding/being raided though. :(

My magnifying glass is blank - you know, that round thing in the center of the toolbar that displays information? It isn't working.

This usually occurs when the page doesn't load properly, so just keep refreshing and it should fix itself. I've had it happen to me several times and after a couple of refreshes everything was fine.

Interestingly (to me) I keep the same amount of soldiers and nesters as Zombiiesque :D It's possible that 3 soldiers is just fine if you don't use enclosures. I have three enclosures and I put one soldier in each one and the remaining four guard the open space. I'm comfortable with this setup.

I've also considered having only 45 3Ps in total, so I can see what the eggs will hatch into. What's one less worker?

I think you can safely have 3 soldiers and enclosures at the same time! I've done this with no problems at all and not one of my workers has ever died prematurely from it. I think Rebecca was the one to point out to me early on that the little workers can do some damage to those pests too!

On a completely un-related note - does anyone think habi will be going down tonight? It stayed up last night, so who knows?

I think you can safely have 3 soldiers and enclosures at the same time! I've done this with no problems at all and not one of my workers has ever died prematurely from it. I think Rebecca was the one to point out to me early on that the little workers can do some damage to those pests too!

I have my P3s all in one enclosure, so I can have a single soldier and not run into any problems.

I'd post a screenshot to show how, but habi's down right now. *sadface*

Edit:

I thought I'd post my layout for anyone else who chose Seedling Grove or anyone who wants to know how to get away with only one soldier.

habi-1.jpg

Guide:

A. I like to keep a house near my nesters because it's more convenient than dragging one out of my bag once an hour.

B. I keep these three storages here partially to protect my nesters from pests (it doesn't always work...) and partially in case I ever get locked out.

C. Gem-my goodness! *drools*

D. Another storage in case of lockout, but mostly to get rid of the MPET.

E. Each of these has 14 worker P3s. I like to harvest evenly. :P

F. The lone soldier. Since the P3s are boxed in that little area, they might get attacked by one or two pests at a time, so no worries about them getting hurt.

G and H. 8 and 10 storages respectively. Add the other four, and I can hold a total of 99,000 of each resources. Since I try to harvest resources evenly, I think it would take nearly 24 hours for them to fill up completely.

Is anyone else getting the "error habitarium is offline for maintenance" message. It's 11am NST. What the heck?! :sad02:

It's not making me paranoid, persay. I was just aggravated trying to figure out why no gems or EXP were popping up. :laughingsmiley: My guess is it will be back on in an hour or two... but you never know. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me.

Thanks Zombiiesque! Do you know if habi went down last night?