London Olympics 2012

Dynohawk

I am!! I look forward to the Olympics every 4 years. Since i am Greek we go to Greece every 2 years. And we went in 2004 and we watched the Olympics there! :D

I remember 04 better than 08 for some reason! Enjoyed them more too, despite UK doing better in 08. I didn't know you were greek, that's cool!

I missed most of the 2004 and 2008 olympics because I travel a lot during summer ... but i remember Usain Bolt's wonderous record breaking 100 meters and 200 meters ...

i love the olympics :)

I cannot get enough of the Olympics. Eeeeeee I'm so excited! As a Canadian, I usually prefer the winter olympics (Vancouver 2010 was amazing), but there are also some events that I love watching in the summer games, too.

Totally agree!! I loooooved the Vancouver Olympics, I was probably the most obsessed with them. But I do get a bit excited for any of the Olympics, really.

I'm really excited, it's going to be excellent! I'm looking forward to the Paralympics a bit more though. ^^

As a Filipino, (Philippines) I can't wait til the olympics! Seriously, all I ask is for our country to get gold. I mean, we've got silver, and bronze, now all we need is that shining gold medal! Lol, but the sport I'm looking forward to in the olympics is Basketball. And since my country is not participating in that sport... (go figure) USA! USA!

Oh wait.. forgot.... KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! Haha, Laker fan :P

As a Filipino, (Philippines) I can't wait til the olympics! Seriously, all I ask is for our country to get gold. I mean, we've got silver, and bronze, now all we need is that shining gold medal! Lol, but the sport I'm looking forward to in the olympics is Basketball. And since my country is not participating in that sport... (go figure) USA! USA!

Oh wait.. forgot.... KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! Haha, Laker fan :P

You Laker fans make me sick :P

Looking forward to basketball the most during the Olympics - I think USA will have a great chance at winning gold. Spain will be the only true roadblock that would pose a challenge; but as long as we can contain the Gasol brothers with Chandler and whoever's playing PF (LeBron/Love), we'll be good.

You Laker fans make me sick :P

Looking forward to basketball the most during the Olympics - I think USA will have a great chance at winning gold. Spain will be the only true roadblock that would pose a challenge; but as long as we can contain the Gasol brothers with Chandler and whoever's playing PF (LeBron/Love), we'll be good.

Hey hey now, that actually hurts. Why does everyone think Lakers fan are bad? I just love the Lakers, anything wrong? At least we're not Heat fans, where most of them only became heat fans when LeBron came in :P

I am too! I really enjoy watching trampoline, artistic and rhythmic gymnastics, football (soccer) and volleyball.

Let's see if we (yes, I feel as an olympic) can win any gold medal for Spain. :rolleyes_anim:

Even more stunning: Phelps didn't win any medal at all.

After barely qualifying for the evening final in a performance that hinted at trouble ahead, Phelps struggled to a fourth-place finish and was denied his 17th career Olympic medal. When it was done, he could barely pull himself out of the pool.

"It was just a cra*** race," Phelps said. "I felt fine the first 200, then I don't know. They just swam a better race than me, a smarter race than me, and were better prepared than me. That's why they're on the medal stand."

What do you think? I wasn't expecting Phelps out of the medal stand.

Spain: 0 Medals today

I finally watched a bit of the olympics last night. I saw some of the swimming and the mens gymnastics. I love how pink everything is for gymnastics this year.

As for Phelps, I heard his trainer say he wasn't really into it until about a year ago. As in, interested in the olympics. So according to him that's not enough time to really get ready to compete. Everyone else had been working for it longer so according to him he said Phelps wasn't really expecting to get a medal going into it this year.

We actually won in a boxing match and beat Italy in the first match. 0.o It's been a long time since our country won a match in a sport, lol. I believe the last time we got a medal was in 1996, in boxing (silver). So maybe there is hope for my country to actually win a medal, lol. *Crosses fingers* :whaa:

I have to admit that I am a complete and utter cynic who puts this country to shame in my complete lack of support for this momentous occasion. I don't actually care enough about it to actively whine about it unless directly asked but I can see it as an expensive waste of money that I'd far prefer was on a different countries budget. The winners curse perhaps where the price we paid to win was far more than anything we are going to get out of it.

But as I said; I'm cynical. But I am very glad I don't live in London...I would not be able to cope with the road layouts etc and would just end up moving out the country for the duration!

http://sportales.com/sports/are-the-olympics-worth-it/