Nail Art

complicatedwishes

So I tried out a Halloween themed mani today, just to get an idea for when it gets to that time! Here's a few photos:

a859d276.jpg

d7001b3f.jpg

What do you guys think? The gravestone is my favorite. And personally I do not like my mummy on my pinky, but next time I'm doing a black cat :)

Ohh I love the look of marbling but hate how messy it is. I prefer to do it on fake nails on a toothpick, then affix them. Saves some of the cleanup/taping your fingers xD

Yay Halloween! I liked the gravestone too! Perfect shape for a nail xD

I have the same problem with glitter, as much as I love it it takes nearly two weeks to finally get the remnants of it off! But I still will go through the pain to have pretty glittery nails :D

And thanks Karmacow! I love the ghost too!

Ohh Cherryv, that glitter looks a little like the yellow in China Glaze's Chroma Glitters collection. But the different colour glitter is much more pronounced in yours. Wonder if a company would make a "Ke$ha Barf" colour xD

Hahahaha I would totally buy "Ke$ha's barf" if they made it a colour name. Nail polishes names are always so unoriginal u.u

I love glitter in nails as well! I have looots of glitter nail polishes, the one of the photo, a green one, blue, pink, gold and silver (of course) and I also have some that are not transparent (red, purple, two or three pink ones, light blue... and the list goes on).

Two tips I sometimes use:

- a good glittery look in the nails is obtained when you paint a plain colour base first. for example, plain green nail polish and then green glitter. only works with transparent glitter (that means those that are transparent polish with glitter added!)

And for getting off the glitter a good thing to do is apply polish remover in a piece of cotton, put it in the nail and then wrap with aluminium paper. You have to do it in every nail, it takes a little time, but believe me, it i so much better this way that just trying to remove the glitter. Try it and then you tell me :thumbsup:

I usually use pure acetone for removal, so getting stuff off isn't an issue. But if you have fake nails, the acetone combined with the foil-wrap method saves sooo much time and irritation. It dissolves the nail, and you don't have to worry about damaging your natural nail with drills, files, etc.

LOL yes, that would be perfect for a red lipstick! As to water temp, I remember reading that if you use distilled water at room temperature it works best? So that's what I've done the couple times I've tried it. I want to try dry water marbling as well, it looks awesome.

The foil method is awesome for removing glitter - but I don't even go that far. I just soak down a cotton ball with remover, and let it sit on my nail for a while. (Like, 5-10 minutes!) If your glitter polish swishes off easily, you're ready to go - I just keep a check on it!

It's not practical at all. If you're doing any work with your hands, the balls fall off soooo fast. And it just feels weird. I really don't like it xD

Not to mention the company that "invented" it (while many bloggers had been doing it for years) is freaking out when other people use the term "caviar manicure" because they're trying to trademark the name. Blah.

I do a lot of nail art. I've managed the Sanrio characters and a nice halloween theme. I use acrylics on top of a basic nail color.

393785_320264098012109_924769902_n.jpg

429896_328380043867181_1326338254_n.jpg

Those are a few that I've done.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Thank you guys!

The trick is I use acrylic paint.. I saw my nail girl do it and I thought it'd be easy. Also, an EXTREMELY SMALL paintbrush makes things a lot easier.

One of the advantages of having been a painter.

But unfortunately, my new medication has made me shake uncontrollably, so if I did nail art now, they'd look like a two year old did it. :sad01_anim:

What do you think of shatter coats?

Spatter!

I like the look of shatter coats, but I think they're kind of annoying to actually do. As far as trends go, I've kind of moved on to matte.

I've done the splatter nails before. It is actually kind of fun. It is also really easy. I did it at least once to mix things up a little when I was doing nails at a nursing home, and all of the women were able to do the spots themselves.

Those Hello Kitty polka dot nails are super cute, killakitten.

Thanks paperdoll66.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Make sure your posts are at 7 words or more.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I like the look of shatter coats, but I think they're kind of annoying to actually do. As far as trends go, I've kind of moved on to matte.

I've done the splatter nails before. It is actually kind of fun. It is also really easy. I did it at least once to mix things up a little when I was doing nails at a nursing home, and all of the women were able to do the spots themselves.

Those Hello Kitty polka dot nails are super cute, killakitten.

I love shatter. I don't find it to be difficult with OPI's shatter but I find the crackle by Sally Hansen to be annoying. I want a matte polish really bad but haven't invested in that yet.

Most companies make matte topcoats too, so you can use colours you already have then mattify them. Essie's Matte About You is my favourite, but I think nearly every polish company does one. Some glitters and flakies look really cool mattified.