Nail Art

complicatedwishes

i also have smelly overcoats, they smell like different perfumes, the candy one is my favorite, but.. if i wear it i can get weird looks for smelling my nails. :sick02:

What, smelly overcoats?! I've never heard of good smelling nail polish before. That sounds awesome! I need to find some!

Ash, how's the opacity on that pink? It looks kind of sheer in the bottle. I've been debating getting it, but don't want to have to do 3-4 coats to aviod VNL xD

You guys inspired me. Here's what I just finished. Not as good as I would have liked (painting in between YYB goals is NOT a good idea

xD), but it's still kind of fun.

IMG_0022.jpg

Essie "Lights" as base

random Color Zone (unnamed) for hearts

China Glaze "Techno" for small holo glitter

rhinestone on middle focal nail.

Kind of looks like Barbie threw up on my fingers. Also, close up pics of your hand make you realize how gross your cuticles are :|

Also dug up this pic from New Year's:

IMG_8212.jpg

Emily I actually really like yours. Though the texture/trinkets on them, are those flat or actually stuck on objects?

Oh wow... all your nail arts look really cool!!! I guess the majority of people who play neo are girls so I won't see any guys showing off... things... anyways.

Here are my nails, I call them "Coolest Color Ever shade #3338"

1024.jpg?md=1340518712000

Essie "Absolutely Nothing" as base

random Color Zone Daily doings

No glaze, but use nail clipper to trim

A crumb or two leftover from pizza last night as the

middle focal nail.

Kind of looks like normal nails but they aren't. I take great care of them and have never ruined my nails once in my life, nor has anyone called them disgusting.

Kind of looks like normal nails but they aren't. I take great care of them and have never ruined my nails once in my life, nor has anyone called them disgusting.

Bah ha ha ha! I actually kind of expected you to have drawn something on in Sharpie :P

Emily, those look great! And Teenage Dream is kind of sheer. I'd say I usually need 3 coats to make it look great. The same is true for the blue glitter one in that collection. (I can't remember it's name off the top of my head.)

1024.jpg?md=1340518712000

Essie "Absolutely Nothing" as base

random Color Zone Daily doings

No glaze, but use nail clipper to trim

A crumb or two leftover from pizza last night as the

middle focal nail.

made me laugh hahaha :laughingsmiley:

and emily! those are so pretty I love them. I may have to buy some gems myself

I don't know if that question was to me or these talented guys :O

but, I was going to post this anyway... I'm going to have a go at some neo nail art tonight when I get home. Eeek.

Those pac man nails are cute! I love looking at pictures of nail art. I'm not very steady-handed, but sometimes I get my sisters to do some cool designs on my nails because they're into that kind of thing. The coolest was a fireworks design at new years; I wish I would have taken a picture!

Nonnnnn functional! Love it as artwork, but can you imagine having to do everyday tasks with nails like that?! Yikes.

Why didn't I know this existed?? Thanks, Emily, for fixing this situation!

Here are my nails all done up for Independence Day:

th_IMG_2985.jpg

EDIT: WOAH. Sorry it's so huge. How do I make it littler? D=

EDITEDIT: Feexed it. :D The other hand was basically the same, but the colours were a little less even distributed. So you get this hand!

Oooh, heaven! A nail polish thread on TDN. I'll be lurking here all the time now! I love nail polish and have a pretty big collection. Currently wearing Essie's Mojito Madness, and my nails are a wreck - I'm growing them back out and getting them into shape. When they look a wee bit better I'll take some pictures for you guys - I am not very good at nail art, but I am a layering fanatic! That's what I would do with Teenage Dream, I really don't wear glitter much anymore on its own unless it's an accent nail, I usually do glitter gradients!

Oh gosh, I'm going on and on. Anyway, I've had a tiny bit of success with some types of nail art. I want to do another splatter manicure, those are so much fun! Livvy, your Independence Day nails look AWESOME.

Yay Glitter! Just did these today. Sally Hansen strips in "Love Letter." Required no skill cause it's just peel and stick and I'm lazy. Yay!! Writing.jpg

@MagicMaid: Thanks! I'm actually really awful at most forms of nail art. My only strong point is persistence. :P I try, fail, and try again until I get something presentable.

Emily, those are so snazzy! I've heard of some newspaper technique that gets similar results, but I have no idea how to do it. And it probably wouldn't end up looking quite so pretty.

Ooh, those are really cute Emily! Livvy, you're very welcome. I've never tried the strips from SH either, I've heard they're one of the better ones. The newspaper technique is so simple and so cute! Make sure your base is light enough to show up the print, but you can really use any light shade you have a fancy for. Then, you cut out strips of newspaper (you can even use cartoons, those look wicked cute!) - they don't have to be the exact shape of your nail. I then pour myself a bit of rubbing alcohol into a shallow dish - like the ones you melt butter in? Anything shallow will do. I do one nail at a time. I soak the bit of newspaper in the alcohol and lay it on top of my nail. Press it in a bit and let it sit for a few, and then just peel it off - voila! The ink from the paper should have transferred an image to your nail. Make sure to put top coat on it after you're sure the ink is dry - it shouldn't take too long, but if you put it on too soon it will smear the ink. You should try it, it's really neat! I'd love to find some old prints to work with with funky fonts, that would be really awesome, I bet.

It works with vodka too. I couldn't get it to work with the rubbing alcohol, but if I soaked my actual fingernail in vodka, then pressed the paper on, it worked well.

Yay Glitter! Just did these today. Sally Hansen strips in "Love Letter." Required no skill cause it's just peel and stick and I'm lazy. Yay!! Writing.jpg

Now that's something I need. I'm lazy when it comes to my nails. As long as they're clean and trimmed nicely I'm happy. I haven't had nail polish on for years. It's been so long I can't even remember lol :D

It works with vodka too. I couldn't get it to work with the rubbing alcohol, but if I soaked my actual fingernail in vodka, then pressed the paper on, it worked well.

I'd heard that, I think the first tutorial for it I ever saw mentioned using vodka!

• 2 weeks later...

I was inspired by all the other pretty/shiny nail arts to do one of my own.

Picture013.jpgPicture021.jpg

*Before and after I ruined my nails by trying to add 'clouds'. And I would put the pictures under a spoiler tag, but I have absolutely no clue how.

And your nails look awesome, ~Emily~. I thought about getting the strips before, but decided against it because I didn't know how well it would turn out.

EVERYONE POSTED ON THIS WHILST I WAS ON HOLIDAY. I've just discovered the new posts :P

Oh my, I love everyones nails :D

MidnightSky, yours are longggg :P I love them

MidnightSky, yours are longggg :P I love them

Thank you! :* They often cause me trouble though, haha.

And Ashbash, isn't that nail polish insanely expensive? It looks really nice and I love it on your nails, but I think I saw it at more than 7 dollars. >.< For some reason, I am completely unwilling to spend more than 5 dollars on a bottle of nail polish unless I'm guaranteed that it will last a long time and that I will use it often. I actually have a 2 dollar bottle of green nail polish that I've had for at least a year and it's still good to use.