Nail Art

complicatedwishes

Ooh, those are really cute Emily! Livvy, you're very welcome. I've never tried the strips from SH either, I've heard they're one of the better ones. The newspaper technique is so simple and so cute! Make sure your base is light enough to show up the print, but you can really use any light shade you have a fancy for. Then, you cut out strips of newspaper (you can even use cartoons, those look wicked cute!) - they don't have to be the exact shape of your nail. I then pour myself a bit of rubbing alcohol into a shallow dish - like the ones you melt butter in? Anything shallow will do. I do one nail at a time. I soak the bit of newspaper in the alcohol and lay it on top of my nail. Press it in a bit and let it sit for a few, and then just peel it off - voila! The ink from the paper should have transferred an image to your nail. Make sure to put top coat on it after you're sure the ink is dry - it shouldn't take too long, but if you put it on too soon it will smear the ink. You should try it, it's really neat! I'd love to find some old prints to work with with funky fonts, that would be really awesome, I bet.

Wow, That's amazing! I think i'm going to try that. I hardly ever do anything with my nails, but it sounds so cool! *gets off computer to go try it*

It actually looks really, really cool! I want to try it with comics, maybe soon.

And talking about the cost of polish, I don't even want to talk about it. I have never bought a Chanel, but I do have some pricey bottles! My combo this week is Revlon Royal and Finger Paints Twisted, one of their awesome l/e flakies. It's SO pretty! If I move my hands around at different angles I see different colors.

You guys know never to throw away polish, right? You can restore it with polish thinner, which is pretty cheap at Sally's Beauty Supply and lasts a super long time. I've had my bottle for three years and it's helped restore many a dried up glitter. Nail polish remover actually breaks down the elements of a nail polish color and can ruin it, so I never use it for thinner these days. I used to before I knew better! LOL. One of my friends came across a Cutex nail polish set, and I think it was from the 50's! It was really awesome.

MidnightSky, your nails look really pretty! Even the clouds look cute.

Thank you, MagicMaid. :) And double thank you for the info about nail polish thinner! I never knew about that. When I was little, my friend told me to microwave nail polish to fix it...before I knew better. But when I got older, I simply thought that when nail polish got all gooey or solid, it was ruined forever and could never be restored. I thought about nail polish remover, but I figured that it would just break down the polish like you said. I've probably tossed 100$ worth of nail polish. DX Gonna have to go hunting for the thinner now, though.

Mad props on stripes! Those are so hard to do with the wrong hand. The colours look almost like a pinstripe suit. Really cool.

I got my bottle of Color Club's Sugarplum Fairy in the mail and fell in love.

Here's what it looked like on my nails:

IMG_0094.jpg

And here's what it looked like all over my bed after I scrubbed:

IMG_0093.jpg

Not sure what happened, but when I closed it, the whole neck broke off inside the cap. and it got everywhere. I've never had this happen before with any other polish. I'm kind of hesitant to buy the rest of the collection now, but because the colours are so awesome, I'm going to hope this was just a bad bottle. Really weird.

Emily I love that :O I'm a big fan of glitter though, in an forms! polish, eye make up, body glitter, etc :)

These are mine at the moment. Not sure why I chose green.

IMG00367-20120726-1145.jpg

I loooove that green color. And on the bright side, Emily, at least your bed looks fabulous now. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you! :* They often cause me trouble though, haha.

And Ashbash, isn't that nail polish insanely expensive? It looks really nice and I love it on your nails, but I think I saw it at more than 7 dollars. >.< For some reason, I am completely unwilling to spend more than 5 dollars on a bottle of nail polish unless I'm guaranteed that it will last a long time and that I will use it often. I actually have a 2 dollar bottle of green nail polish that I've had for at least a year and it's still good to use.

Yes, it is typically expensive. I try to get it on sale. It's really the only nail polish that lasts long on my nails though. If I use something like Sally Hansen it tends to chip really badly the next day. I like OPI because it stays on for about a week before it starts chipping. I use my hands a lot at work and am always hitting my nails on things.

And by the way all the new nail pictures look great! I am really big on glitter so i'm especially loving those!

Oh gosh, glitttttterrrr! So cute! I love those. Emily, if it's any consolation to you, I've had a lot of Color Club polish and I've never had one break on me, so I don't think it's the brand, maybe just a freak accident? So sad though, even though your bed is glowing in a totally cool way.

MidnightSky, you're totally welcome! I know, I was absolutely distraught when I realized how much I'd thrown away as well, really sad.

Complicated Wishes, your caterpillar is SO perfect, wicked cute! Haha, I love it.

Caterpillers are aweome! Pretty sure you got him perfect. He looks just like the book!

I just put in an order of a bunch of neons from China Glaze and some more Seche Vite thinner. A bunch of my topcoat bottles are getting empty and I want to try frankening!

Caterpillers are aweome! Pretty sure you got him perfect. He looks just like the book!

I just put in an order of a bunch of neons from China Glaze and some more Seche Vite thinner. A bunch of my topcoat bottles are getting empty and I want to try frankening!

Oh, this summer's neons? I have the Pool Party neons and I ADORE them. Frankening is wicked good fun, when there weren't very many jellies available I frankened up so many because I just love that finish. And then you can franken glitter explosions, too!

I just attempted polka dots for the first time. It didn't turn out to well but I will try to post pics later. I think if I had been more patient it would've looked better but I just kind of quickly did it to try to get it finished.

Polka dots are not too hard I think, you should be able to master those! I pretty much suck at more complicated art but I can handle those, and you can make such CUTE color combinations with polka dots! I can't wait to see yours.

I loooooove nail art! I have a wide colection of nail polish, but since I live in Argentina, most cool colours never arrive here. I still manage to get a lot of different nail polishes tough :P

Pikachu. Or at least I tried.

426735_3490778312826_1775266792_n.jpg

Two shades of pink and a bat ring! ^^

542944_3925391097874_678044027_n.jpg

I liked this pattern, but I made a disaster, lol.

528790_3752224728823_11611481_n.jpg

I love this sparkly red! I love sparks!

208710_1965964593436_4805539_n.jpg

Galaxy nails, or at least I tried.

206951_1965817589761_4143350_n.jpg

Christmas nails!

33805_1794069656170_6763566_n.jpg

One of my favourite colours! Jade green!

250046_10150261571519454_1175133_n.jpg

167917_1793883291511_7117063_n.jpg

This is from one time I made NY-themed nails for all my friends for NY-themed party. My nails where the ugliest of them all! ¬¬

61726_429495928025_4903553_n.jpg

And my current colour :3

Is more pastel than it looks

tumblr_m8y46h6QFL1qbzjqqo1_500.jpg

Edited by cherryv

So I got a free sample of those impress nails. So far I'm really liking them. I've never had fake nails before but this literally took me about a minute to put them on and they look great. There's no such thing as chipping with them either. I think they might be a bit too expensive for me to actually buy but for a free sample it's great!

Oh, wow cherryv, I love your pikachu nails, you did an awesome job with them!

Thanks! You'll make me blush :*

I've never did a second attempt though, I think the nose should be smaller and the eyes just don't convince me. But I did it all so fast and with a normal brush (not a special one for nail art) so I think is fair enough, hahah.

557358_10151109136784788_645010780_n.jpg

I've had a go at doing some pirate nails this afternoon, Arrrrrrr! :skull: could of turned out better but I couldn't be bothered to re-do them! :P