Nail Art

complicatedwishes

Nikki, I think you need to adopt me :P

:O what would happen if we combined our polish stashes?

Oh my! The food o.O I can just imagine lol xD but the nail polish I think would be quite intriguing and a nice added bonus here :D I can just picture the nail art designs I'd be able to do o.O

Alright y'all I'm working on my halloween mani now! I will post as soon as I finish this last nail, be on the lookout :D

alrighty here they are! :D

IMG_0873450x338.jpg

IMG_0874450x338.jpg

IMG_0876450x338.jpg

IMG_0882450x338.jpg

IMG_0883450x338.jpg

IMG_0884450x338.jpg

What do y'all think? Which one is your favorite? Which is least favorite?

Edited by lindorie

• 3 weeks later...

My first miserable attempt at water marbling

negle.jpg

I've decided that I meant to make it look like this and that it's avant garde.

Actually compared to how I would do this this isn't that bad at all! I quite like it, it would grow on me over time :D

And I would have to say that about my darn mummy nail that I messed up in the Halloween mani I did: I totally meant for it to look that way ;)

The color combination reminds me of Easter for some reason (yay Easter :D)

It's like a Warhol colour scheme!

Did you used distilled water? That can help.

No, I just used tap water. I had read that it should be room temperature, so I put it in the microwave for 10 seconds. Is the nail polish supposed to start spreading right away? I've seen some tutorials, and it appears to spread really quickly. Either the videos shows the development faster or it makes a huge difference if the water is distilled.

Shouldn't put the water in the microwave. Heat makes polish dry slower and you may have heated the outside of the water enough to affect it. I haven't had a problem with using water right out of the tap, just make sure it's not freezing cold. But the distilled water helps if you have hard/soft water.

Oh my! The food o.O I can just imagine lol xD but the nail polish I think would be quite intriguing and a nice added bonus here :D I can just picture the nail art designs I'd be able to do o.O

Alright y'all I'm working on my halloween mani now! I will post as soon as I finish this last nail, be on the lookout :D

alrighty here they are! :D

What do y'all think? Which one is your favorite? Which is least favorite?

Ohh The ghost and spider are definitely my favourite

the ghost to me turned out way way way better this time around :D and the spider was actually supposed to be a mummy, but like karmacow put it I meant to make it look like a spider ;) Thanks Emily :) And I myself haven't tried any marbling so I can't quite offer up any good suggestions to help, sorry :(

Shouldn't put the water in the microwave. Heat makes polish dry slower and you may have heated the outside of the water enough to affect it. I haven't had a problem with using water right out of the tap, just make sure it's not freezing cold. But the distilled water helps if you have hard/soft water.

Our tap water is really cold, so that's why I microwaved it (I was in a hurry, also only had time for one hand :P). It didn't become tremendously warm, I would say it was around room temperature. But next time I'll let the water heat up to room temperature on its own and see if that works better.

• 5 months later...

Reviving this dead topic! I've been doing my nails, but haven't done anything exciting enough to post. Ordered a bunch of fimo canes a little while ago and spent most of Monday slicing a bunch of different designs. I came up with this fruity design. It's an orange-pink gradient done with sponges with some fruity fimo slices. Sorry for the bad cell phone picture xD I might update later with a better pic when I track my camera down.

img0292ro.jpg

I started picking the fruit off while I was stuck in traffic last night, so I tried a new design xD Cupcakes, Ice cream and bows, oh my

img0295bu.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! I bought fimo canes online and sliced them with a tissue blade to apply, then just used polishes I already had. You can get a ton of canes for insanely cheap on ebay. They're my new most favourite thing ever xD

Newest flower garden attempt. Unfortunately, the bigger the clay designs are, the harder they are to get to lie flat and they have to be cut extremely thin. Flowers and cupcakes are a pain >.<

img0338ad_zps3f24f4da.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks! I bought fimo canes online and sliced them with a tissue blade to apply, then just used polishes I already had. You can get a ton of canes for insanely cheap on ebay. They're my new most favourite thing ever xD

Newest flower garden attempt. Unfortunately, the bigger the clay designs are, the harder they are to get to lie flat and they have to be cut extremely thin. Flowers and cupcakes are a pain >.<

img0338ad_zps3f24f4da.jpg

Whoa, I love the gradient effect! How did you do that?

Reviving this dead topic! I've been doing my nails, but haven't done anything exciting enough to post. Ordered a bunch of fimo canes a little while ago and spent most of Monday slicing a bunch of different designs. I came up with this fruity design. It's an orange-pink gradient done with sponges with some fruity fimo slices. Sorry for the bad cell phone picture xD I might update later with a better pic when I track my camera down.

img0292ro.jpg

I started picking the fruit off while I was stuck in traffic last night, so I tried a new design xD Cupcakes, Ice cream and bows, oh my

img0295bu.jpg

Emily! Your nails are AMAZING! I love the fruit ones especially! One of the best revivals yet (not counting Romero's dawn/day/nights of the dead :P )

I find gradient's easiest with sponging. Some people use a water-striping method, but I make messes when I do that, so sponging is better for me xD

Lightest green all over the nail, then sponge the dark blue starting about 2/3 down, then another layer about halfway down, another layer 1/3 down then more at the tips. It sounds like it takes longer than it actually does, as I don't wait for the layers to dry completely between each sponge layer xD

LOL good to see more Romero fans ;)