The Altador Cup Hates Me...

AgJu

I don't know what's been going on lately but I've been getting a TON of Darigan Yooyus. WHY WHY WHY?!?!?!? ARGH!!

Anyone else have any cup frustrations to vent? Too many Darigan/Faerie yooyus? A particularly annoying player? Etc?

Edit: Also, there've been a lot of times where I got a Darigan Yooyu REALLY early on in a match, like after the 1st or 3rd goal scored.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got very annoyed with TM's goalkeeper yesterday. Hahaha!

I'm quite good when it comes to the faerie yooyus, but every time I get Darigan, I go "Ugh, not again!"

I've had to start a few games with them as the first ball -.-

Yes, this actually happened to me more than usual today. I had 3 Darigans in ONE game. It made me so frustrated.

Also today, I noticed that if I play more than about 3 games of SoSD in a row, the game slows waaaaay down on me, and the ball will just disappear. Having to constantly refresh is obnoxious.

Lol, at first, I didn't get all that many darigan yooyus, but after reading about how horrible they are on these boards I started getting a ton of them and the horrid faerie yooyus. If i get one in my first 3 balls, I know immediately that I wont get more than 6 goals that game. Also, my right forward, Zenor Kevix, loves to move around and steal the ball without me telling him to. It gets so very irritating. Then, 99% of the time, my goalie is useless.

Then, 99% of the time, my goalie is useless.

OMG, I *hate* my goalie. 90% of the time, she is facing the back of the wall on the opposite side of the goal from where the opposite team is repeatedly throwing the ball! If I ever lose control of the ball, it's a game of me constantly trying to make sure it gets to the other side of the field as quickly as possible because they score almost every time they get near my goal.

OMG, I *hate* my goalie. 90% of the time, she is facing the back of the wall on the opposite side of the goal from where the opposite team is repeatedly throwing the ball! If I ever lose control of the ball, it's a game of me constantly trying to make sure it gets to the other side of the field as quickly as possible because they score almost every time they get near my goal.

I have the same exact problem!! D:< Yoris is too small to he isnt the best goalie D:

And half the time he is at the WAYY at the other end of the goal D:

Other grievances:

-When the opponent executes a perfect slide-in steal even when I'm zooming at high speed (feather power-up)

-when whomever on the opposing team has the ball, goes toward my goal and then just bounces the yooyu off the wall for, like, ever. I know that I should be glad they aren't actually scoring goals, but when they keep bouncing that ball and I can't get to it, it also eats up my time.

-And yes, the FREAKIN goalie. I suck at handling it so I usually don't, but the computer sucks too. Is anyone else having this problem where the opposing player shoots the ball towards the goal and even though your goalie is right in line to catch it, it goes THROUGH them? >.<

Frustration? I got some! I'm on Moltara and we are going against .... Virtupets (I had to look up the name because I forgot already)...

Their goalie and their two fronts are REDONKULOUS! For some reason they give me a lot of duff when I'm passing, quick guys. And the goalie is hard to get past, I'm surprised I've been able to hold an average of 7.5 GPG today o.O

My opponent keeps sneakily stealing the ball from me. I SWEAR the old format was easier. Also - I keep getting Faerie balls and I can't score those without the big net power up. And every time I have that power-up I lose it because they keep stealing the ball from me so I never get to score when the net is big.

I have however, been getting the Ice power up frequently. :)

Also - I made a Trollface of the Faeire Yooyu - but the evil Darigan ball needed its own Demotivational Poster. Here it is:

tumblr_m52tmfUnCW1r3bo6ao1_500.jpg

Hey, at least it's appearance matches it's behaviour! They ARE EVIL!

best thing ever of the worst thing ever o_O

I just got a glitch where my players got an enlarge power-up and stayed large for the rest of the game. Got it twice actually, kinda funny.

Other grievances:

-When the opponent executes a perfect slide-in steal even when I'm zooming at high speed (feather power-up)

Oh gosh, that's been happening a lot to me and it's horrible because it takes a lot of work and time to steal the ball from the opponents.

Edit: Also, sometimes when the game or round starts, none of my players will move, and the targeting will cycle through all of them as they just stand there twiddling their thumbs.

Other grievances:

-when whomever on the opposing team has the ball, goes toward my goal and then just bounces the yooyu off the wall for, like, ever. I know that I should be glad they aren't actually scoring goals, but when they keep bouncing that ball and I can't get to it, it also eats up my time.

-And yes, the FREAKIN goalie. I suck at handling it so I usually don't, but the computer sucks too. Is anyone else having this problem where the opposing player shoots the ball towards the goal and even though your goalie is right in line to catch it, it goes THROUGH them? >.<

YES. And it pisses me off whenever i can't control the character and can't even get the ball because I'm too fast, and when I finally do, they take it. >.<

The Goalie. Oh my gosh. Whenever i randomly switch players when i get the ball gets to the goal, for some reason. she's always at the top. -_-

My opponent keeps sneakily stealing the ball from me. I SWEAR the old format was easier. Also - I keep getting Faerie balls and I can't score those without the big net power up. And every time I have that power-up I lose it because they keep stealing the ball from me so I never get to score when the net is big.

I have however, been getting the Ice power up frequently. :)

Also - I made a Trollface of the Faeire Yooyu - but the evil Darigan ball needed its own Demotivational Poster. Here it is:

Hey, at least it's appearance matches it's behaviour! They ARE EVIL!

Oh I love this <3 After a hard day against Virtupets I greatly enjoy the giggle over that one. Thank you so much!

ahahahaha, that meme is so great. I have been getting so many darigan yooyus lately it is ridiculous! It's like they want me to lose. I don't know what to do with them. Also, I feel like I didn't get as many the first couple days of playing and now they're just coming at me like two a game. UGH.

The Altador Cup seems to hate my team either.

Heaven forbid a such miracle it would be if Darigan Yooyus never appeared again.

And also ...

-Facing against 1+3 teams

-Randomly switching players

-Opponents constantly hogging the balls

-I find it hard to catch the ball as the goalie

I actually use my goalie a LOT, it's scary how many saves Leera has (about 360).

My most ginormous pet peeve is the lag. I'm playing YYB in slow motion about 40% percent of the time, MSN is a nightmare when it refuses to register my keystrokes, and even SOSD will slow down drastically. The only game I never get problems is SS, which is probably why I play it more than the average person does.

And of course one of the biggest frustrations....ACCIDENTALLY SCORING A GOAL ON YOURSELF! ARGH!!

Something I'd really like to be able to do - toss back all the Faerie and Darigan balls I get and demand a good ball instead. XD

Also today, I noticed that if I play more than about 3 games of SoSD in a row, the game slows waaaaay down on me, and the ball will just disappear. Having to constantly refresh is obnoxious.

Glad I'm not the only one suffering with that - I thought it was just my computer but man is it irritating.

If i get one in my first 3 balls, I know immediately that I wont get more than 6 goals that game. Then, 99% of the time, my goalie is useless.

You're doing well! If I get one in my first 3 balls then unless the opposing team own goal it for me I'm not gonna get higher than 3 goals! And yes, on the goalie - agreed.

Yep - I get that one too. I'm sure my goalie has an issue with staying rooted to the ground...unfortunately koi's don't have wings otherwise I'd have the perfect reasoning there.

My main bugbear would however have to be the autoswitch. If I can get my scorer in quickly it doesn't matter but as soon as I have to try to get the ball back from the opponent I find it very difficult as the game keeps switching players on me often meaning I'm suddenly running in the wrong direction... I also don't know why I can't make the decision to run towards a power up instead of the yooyu - for example freeze. If I try it will auto freaking switch to a player nearer the ball - massively irritating!

Also, sometimes when the game or round starts, none of my players will move, and the targeting will cycle through all of them as they just stand there twiddling their thumbs.

YES, gosh, this happens to me about 1 out of every 3 games. My players will just STAND there. I'm like, wtf guys, c'mon.

*Takes a deep breath*

• The targeting thing at the beginning of the game. I HATE it, it's handing the other team a huge advantage!
  • Darigan and Mutant Yooyus. I don't have much against Faerie ones, as long as you don't wind up your pitch too much the arc is small and you can get it in the goal. Although I have the overwhelming urge to tell the other team "NO this is a FAERIE ball, it's my ball!"
  • Maraqua's Captain and their big beefy Skeith mate. The Captain is shockingly fast and if I have ANY objective in a Maraqua game, it's to stop him getting the ball! And for some reason he has a bad habit of hugging my goalie when she's got the ball. STAND BACK, she is NOT going to hand you the stupid ball
    The huge Skeith player is unfair considering a lot of teams don't have such a gigantic player. Thankfully he seems mostly useless
  • Faerieland's captain is the most USELESS, POINTLESS, SLOW idiot I have ever seen! He never picks up the ball when offered, preferring to run around in circles, is slow and a liability on the field! The amount of times I've cursed his slow wings is just ridiculous.
  • Why doesn't my goalie have HANDS!?!?!?!?
  • Everyone hates Faerieland -_- We have stupidly low scores on everything. We desperately need a massive team shakeup, preferably starting with kicking out Worrill's useness flippers!

• When I found out that we were playing Virtupets for the second time already, I was really disappointed. I cannot stand the Robot Wocky that they have on their team. I kept ranting to my cat about how the robot squirrel keeps steeling my yooyu.
  • It was weird playing against Faerieland, because I've had three of the pets that they have playing on their team. If we play Roo Island, it will be similarly weird.
  • That I still don't understand how the brackets work this year.
  • I agree with Lady Kakata. The image of her goalie missing a ball was weird, and I disapprove of all four-legged goalies.
  • I am tired of being laughed at by that stupid Jelly Chia. I think I might be biased against that pet and color generally now. I hate how he laughs after you've won the game, too.
  • I am already getting to the point where little things about the cup are starting to turn into major annoyances just from spending so much time staring at them.

*Takes a deep breath*

• The targeting thing at the beginning of the game. I HATE it, it's handing the other team a huge advantage!
  • Darigan and Mutant Yooyus. I don't have much against Faerie ones, as long as you don't wind up your pitch too much the arc is small and you can get it in the goal. Although I have the overwhelming urge to tell the other team "NO this is a FAERIE ball, it's my ball!"
  • Maraqua's Captain and their big beefy Skeith mate. The Captain is shockingly fast and if I have ANY objective in a Maraqua game, it's to stop him getting the ball! And for some reason he has a bad habit of hugging my goalie when she's got the ball. STAND BACK, she is NOT going to hand you the stupid ball
    The huge Skeith player is unfair considering a lot of teams don't have such a gigantic player. Thankfully he seems mostly useless
  • Faerieland's captain is the most USELESS, POINTLESS, SLOW idiot I have ever seen! He never picks up the ball when offered, preferring to run around in circles, is slow and a liability on the field! The amount of times I've cursed his slow wings is just ridiculous.
  • Why doesn't my goalie have HANDS!?!?!?!?
  • Everyone hates Faerieland -_- We have stupidly low scores on everything. We desperately need a massive team shakeup, preferably starting with kicking out Worrill's useness flippers!

You are my favorite fellow Faerieland player ever. Just to let you know.

• I am tired of being laughed at by that stupid Jelly Chia. I think I might be biased against that pet and color generally now. I hate how he laughs after you've won the game, too.
  • I am already getting to the point where little things about the cup are starting to turn into major annoyances just from spending so much time staring at them.

These two things x1000. I *was* going to work on playing as many games as possible every day. Now I play to 50 rank points and call it quits because I usually want to shake my laptop really hard and my hand hurts. I swear doing these games repeatedly is giving me carpal tunnel.

Announcements