The Altador Cup Hates Me...

AgJu

• I am tired of being laughed at by that stupid Jelly Chia. I think I might be biased against that pet and color generally now. I hate how he laughs after you've won the game, too.

I agree. That Jelly Chia is creepy as heck with those teeth of his.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg i am not the only one who gets it a lot i get it after every 3 balls i hate it its so unpredictable but i get the big goal power up a lot :) i hate it so bad i say "STUPID DARIGAN YOOYU" every time it comes up.

anyway back to yooyuballing bye :P

101577.png

LOST DESERT FOR THE CUP

I agree. That Jelly Chia is creepy as heck with those teeth of his.

It's not just creepy... I mean.. did he eat raw meat and forget to floss?? I am also put off by the shininess of the jello... *wobble wobble* so.. yucky! xD Jello is just so weird!

omg i am not the only one who gets it a lot i get it after every 3 balls i hate it its so unpredictable but i get the big goal power up a lot :) i hate it so bad i say "STUPID DARIGAN YOOYU" every time it comes up.

101577.png

LOST DESERT FOR THE CUP

There are a couple times when I'm able to score a goal with it (even on the first try) but a lot of times I either stop playing or refresh (refresh if i get it too early in a match).

When I get one of those evil Darigan balls, I admit I cuss quietly. If I get one early in the game, I stop playing and start a new game of YYB. An "End Game" option would be nice.

*Takes a deep breath*

• The targeting thing at the beginning of the game. I HATE it, it's handing the other team a huge advantage!
  • Darigan and Mutant Yooyus. I don't have much against Faerie ones, as long as you don't wind up your pitch too much the arc is small and you can get it in the goal. Although I have the overwhelming urge to tell the other team "NO this is a FAERIE ball, it's my ball!"
  • Maraqua's Captain and their big beefy Skeith mate. The Captain is shockingly fast and if I have ANY objective in a Maraqua game, it's to stop him getting the ball! And for some reason he has a bad habit of hugging my goalie when she's got the ball. STAND BACK, she is NOT going to hand you the stupid ball
    The huge Skeith player is unfair considering a lot of teams don't have such a gigantic player. Thankfully he seems mostly useless

What targeting thing, am I missing something?

Anyway - being a player for Maraqua I enjoy having Oten on the team. He's been incredibly helpful. OF course, I didn't think about how unfair it'd be to teams without a player as big as him - to make up for Oten's size I have Lamelle who is much smaller. Turns out there really is no difference in how they play. As Yoda said "Size matters not."

When I get one of those evil Darigan balls, I admit I cuss quietly. If I get one early in the game, I stop playing and start a new game of YYB. An "End Game" option would be nice.

I was thinking that too. But I would imagine it'd take some of the challenge out of the game if you had the option to score 3 goals, end, and submit. YYB is supposed to be an event, rather than a shortcut. I would say a "Reset" option should be available. Not being able to submit a score, but still being able to cut short and restart a match that is just not happening for you.

OMG I pretty much agree with what everyone else said. Also, what's really been bugging me lately is that sometimes, when I try to submit multiple scores for a game, especially if I got a really good one, it would say "success pending.." for a really long time so I have to refresh and start over. D:

I've also been playing for Maraqua and that sttooooppiidd robot bunny from Virtupets keeps stealing the ball from me in the beginning, grr...

My opponent does not get rid of the Evil Yooyus fast enough. Now I only got 3 scores in one game thanks to that son of a-

Yeah - I think the Darigan balls have replaced Faerie as my least favourite Yooyu.

I am also INCREDIBLY sick and tired of the opposing team ALWAYS taking the ball away from me! I WANNA SCORE! My highest GPG is now 8-10 as opposed to 13-15 as it USED to be in the old system. I hate it so much!

And I get a high score and I accidentally press "Restart Game" instead of "Send Score" od when I send my score I get the "Problems processing your score" crap.

:grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

• Everyone hates Faerieland -_- We have stupidly low scores on everything. We desperately need a massive team shakeup, preferably starting with kicking out Worrill's useness flippers!

Nah, if anything we love Faerieland because it gives us someone to sweep! But I will agree you desperately need a shake up. Half the problem I'd guess now is that you are so noted for being awful at the games that you don't pick up enough supporters to change that.

• When I found out that we were playing Virtupets for the second time already, I was really disappointed. I cannot stand the Robot Wocky that they have on their team. I kept ranting to my cat about how the robot squirrel keeps steeling my yooyu.
  • That I still don't understand how the brackets work this year.

I don't particularly like the fact that we're re-playing the same teams now...it seems less interesting than having to play a different team each day. Plus I like seeing the graphics of a new team on the pitch...which I can't if I'm playing someone I've already played.

The stupid games are laggy....>.< Especially YYB. Are the games lagging for others?

Oh. Boy. Yes.

I am SO SICK OF THEM STEALING MY BALL! Stealth is for ninjas - and the ninjas are Team Shenkuu. YOU ARE NOT SHENKUU, YOU ARE FAERIELAND, SO KNOCK IT THE HECK OFF!!!!!!!!

I can't really make an comparisons to previous years, my last cup was ACI! But yes, I agree with what is being said here. Darigan Yooyus are frustrating, though I'm generally pretty lucky with them. I don't get too many, and few I have scored within one or two shots! Most of the time it does end badly though. Faerie yooyus aren't as bad, but I often end up too close to the goalie, so it can't curve properly into the goal. I didn't mind Snow yooyus at first, but because they don't travel as far they can be annoying later in the game when the opponent possesses more and and I need to get the ball somewhere near the opponent's goal before I get tackled again. Fire yooyus are bad news for me if they're NOT in my hand...

The AI does get pretty hard at 8 goals, but I can usually manage double figures every game. I can't believe how much they tackle at that stage though, and so perfectly. The rest of the game just becomes a tackle-a-thon after that. It's frustrating and not enjoyable at all, though I have to give it credit for adding some challenge. Best score I've managed is 13-0.

The team I've had the most problems with so far is Lost Desert. Played them yesterday, their formation was difficult and the two forwards were faster, more agile, and a lot more tackle-y than any other team so far. They're the only team that has managed to score 3 goals against me, but I still came out on top all other times. ;)

I am SO SICK OF THEM STEALING MY BALL! Stealth is for ninjas - and the ninjas are Team Shenkuu. YOU ARE NOT SHENKUU, YOU ARE FAERIELAND, SO KNOCK IT THE HECK OFF!!!!!!!!

Oh yes, we should be the only team to have stealth.

And yesterday ... Terror Mountain was harder than Haunted Woods. :S

Oh yes, we should be the only team to have stealth. And yesterday ... Terror Mountain was harder than Haunted Woods. :S

I'm glad you found TM hard to play with! I like facing teams with 1+3 since once you steal the ball there are no other forwards to steal it. I hate teams with 2+2 since the other forward is so close it steals the ball right after I get it (Jair Tollet stealing it after Lilo Blumaroo). I do hate the darigan yooyus and to day It was my second ball I got how mean of TNT!

The stupid games are laggy....>.< Especially YYB. Are the games lagging for others?

The whole site is lagging for me. I can have 100 browser windows open running just fine, but as soon as I open one of the Neopets pages, my entire system slows down. It's the ONLY site and it's ONLY since about 2 days ago!

I dislike how much the AI seems to be stealing these days. When we played against Lost Desert the Ai tried to unsuccessfully steal 5 times in a row whereas whenever I try to steal my characters don't respond. Give it up!

I'm okay with Darigan yooyus cause they allow me to just step back and let the other team stick it into their goal while wasting a bit of time.

I'm okay with Darigan yooyus cause they allow me to just step back and let the other team stick it into their goal while wasting a bit of time.

Yeah I kind of just open another tab and do something else when I get a Darigan Yooyu... more often than not, I'll come back to see that the opponent has scored on themselves.

The thing that drives me crazy is when the AI gets impossibly hard late game. It's like... hey, I'd like to at least be able to TRY to score again. But no, they consistently steal the ball and I can't steal it back. I'm getting better (my GPG is now above 8), but it's still really annoying!

Today has been one of my absolutely worst days. I've barely gotten above 6 or 7 points, and even then LD have scored twice already or something. Mostly because I KEEP getting darigan yooyus, after only 1 or 2 goals! It's been driving me mad all day!

When I get Darigan balls, my opponent avoids them like the plague. Apparently not even the AI wants the ball! I don't blame them. :laughingsmiley:

After you get four goals or so, the AI becomes frustrado. >.>

I know - I hate it. They suddenly gain experience and get BETTER than you, not letting you have the ball at ALL!

It really gets old after a while, I know it's to be more challenging but I really don't like it. I can't get the high scores of 13+ anymore as I did with old YYB unless I'm REALLY lucky.

I wonder if even DC likes them...

Trust me, not even DC likes Darigan Yooyus. And Faerieland probably doesn't like Faerie Yooyus either.

i was wondering last time how they can make a ball for every team:

Fire Ball - Altador

Snow Ball - TM

Darigan Ball - DC

Faerie Ball - FL

Clockwork Ball - VP

Mutant Ball - HW

I volunteer Bubble Ball for MQ: it would burst if you pass it too strongly.

Maybe Sand Ball for LD: it disintegrates the longer you play with it

any others?

i was wondering last time how they can make a ball for every team:

Fire Ball - Altador

Snow Ball - TM

Darigan Ball - DC

Faerie Ball - FL

Clockwork Ball - VP

Mutant Ball - HW

I volunteer Bubble Ball for MQ: it would burst if you pass it too strongly.

Maybe Sand Ball for LD: it disintegrates the longer you play with it

any others?

I really like that idea, especially your two suggestions! Mutant is fitting for HW, but seems to originate from Virtupets, but then again they have Clockwork.

Hmmm... maybe a Potato Ball/Yooyu for Meridell? :P

I really like that idea, especially your two suggestions! Mutant is fitting for HW, but seems to originate from Virtupets, but then again they have Clockwork.

Hmmm... maybe a Potato Ball/Yooyu for Meridell? :P

Yes! And it rolls weird, because it's potato shaped!

Announcements