Am I the only one who hates the rain?

Lady Lyuba

I've lived all my life in Portland, Oregon, and I'm sick and tired of the rain that lasts for MONTHS. Everyone I talk to, whenever I complain about it, they all go on about how they LOVE rain and wanna live in Portland. WELL WHY NOT THE WHOLE PLANET HAVE AN OCEANIC CLIMATE THEN IF THAT'S WHAT EVERYONE WANTS!

Me, I'm sick and tired of rain and I want to move out and live in a dry, hot desert, like Vegas or something! I've seen more than enough rain to last a lifetime.

Is there ANYBODY out there who hates rain too? ANYONE!?

That's whatcha get living in the Pacific Northwest :P It's like, the trademark. I like rain. It smells good, washes away all the dirt and yucky and just feels nice.

Everyone wants what they don't have. You hate rain cause you see it all the time. I have family from Texas and they love snow in March when they go north, while I'm cursing it cause I have to shovel.

Also, I think someone needs some chocolate. Too many caps=rage and rage=needs chocolate *crams chocolate*

And the only way we could have a global oceanic climate is to put the Earth in a climate-controlled dome. Then there would be cameras. And communists. And apparently, no body wants that.

Portland is also awesome because it's almost Seattle and Seattle is awesome because that's where grunge comes from!

Also, Chris Pontius is from Portland, I believe.

oop nope. Someone else is though. Special features commentary of the first movie said so. Maybe he lived up there at some point.

Not here! I wish it rained more, to be honest.

Would prevent a lot of wildfires.

I'm with you on this one. I love the rain, just not a complete downpour where it's raining buckets in minutes. The only reason I don't like downpours is it floods the ground and not enough moisture gets in.

Now a nice light rain I love. The smell of wet grass just after it rains is soothing. I enjoy the sound of the rain drops hitting the window at night, makes me fall asleep faster.

In our area we need more rain that's for sure, and rain is not something I'm going to complain about unless our basement ends up flooding, rain requires no shovelling. :)

Also I googled Portland and from what I read (correct me if I'm wrong) you get very little snow. Instead you get lots of rain. Where I live we have snow basically from October until April that's 6 months which is half a year. Our winters are long and cold. If I could take rain over snow I would, I don't like shovelling snow and the mess it creates in the spring.

i like rain in moderation :P its pretty dry here and we usually have water restrictions in summer, and if we are unlucky; winter -_-

i love it if i'm at home, and have nothing planned except reading a book or watching a movie :P

if i'm out; it often gets cursed at, usually because i bring an umbrella when it doesn't end up raining or i forget the umbrella when i rains like the sky is falling down, or i chose to go somewhere which is pretty much not undercover and i get soaked. (which is usually my poor journey planning or unreliable weather forecasting)

i like how it makes everything green and its like the world is washed clean everytime, its lovely the first few minutes after a shower ^_^ rain is better than dull overcast weather with no rain whatsoever, which often happens here, overcast weather is depressing.

Hmm... where I'm from, everyone's opinion on rain is dictated by whether or not the farmers need rain. :P

Like Mouseykins, I get snow 6 months of the year, so rain can be a relief sometimes (unless it causes flooding!). I have a job that requires me to be outdoors, though, so if work gets cancelled because of too much rain that's always annoying. :(

I bet you'd miss the rain if you moved somewhere else, haha. As much as I complain about the weather here, I think I'd go crazy without snow!

it always ruins my day! of course, it never rains in austin, so when it does it is torrential! -.- I know we need rain, but i still wish it didnt interfere with my plans

Oh, plus my first car wreck was caused by rain....

but rain in austin is still better than rain in denton. cause denton is the wind capital of texas.....every time it rains you can walk by every trashcan and see broken, flipped umbrellas. your choice is either get soaked by rain, or get even MORE soaked by rain fighting with your umbrella

You are not alone! (and I recognize this from the DeviantArt stamp you posted :P )

I remember last year in April, it was literally raining every day. :S

Fortunately though, there's a few sunny days during April of this year, which makes it better. And there's pretty much only two natural seasons here as well, so the weather is usually either sunny or rainy, the latter occurs more though.

I'm another rain lover. We don't get it near often enough here in Colorado. (Except generally during our brief spring, where we have lots of super severe thunderstorms, hail, and tornadoes.)

I find it incredibly relaxing. I love the sound of it. The smell. Driving in rain is one of my favorite things ever.

Like Emily said, it's a case of wanting what you don't have. Having lived in Colorado my whole life, I've gotten my fill of snow, many times over. I despise it, from it being wet and cold, to the dangerous conditions of the roads when it's snowing, to shoveling and scraping the cars. My husband is from Florida and had never seen snow before. When he moved to Colorado, the thing he looked forward to most was the first snow. He ran around in flip flops, shorts, and a t-shirt his entire first winter here. He thought it was the best thing ever while I (the life-long Colorado native) ran around bundled up and complaining about how I was freezing.

Colorado native - hates winter/snow, loves summer/lots of heat

Florida native - hates summer/lots of heat, loves winter/snow/freezing cold

Though we both agree on rain. We both love it.

I love the rain when I'm indoors but hate it when I'm leaving a building and the vehicle is so far away and I just straightened my hair x'D

I'm more into rain and THUNDER! I love hearing the BOOMS and just snuggling on my blanket while calming the little birds down since they're not used to it.

But yeah, I like rain WAY more than snow. We didn't have almost any snow for the winter season and I didn't mind that one bit :P

I live in England and we're not exactly famed for having the best weather :P

When it rains and I don't fancy walking in it I stick my head out of the window - tis refreshing! I love the rain :)

I love rain :) I've lived in the tropics for a good chunk of my life and when it rains, it rains constantly. And I don't mean drizzle, I mean torrential monsoons :P But I love it when it rains. I love the sound of raindrops and the dark gloomy weather xP Also, being in the tropics, it's usually a few degrees cooler when it rains, so it's a relief from the searing 90+ degree weather otherwise.

I even have a little rain noise machine for when I sleep >_> The only time I don't like rain is when we have typhoons (and it happens a few times a year) because then everything washes away and we have no power for week D:< Well that, and when it rains and I'm caught without an umbrella. I'm not too fond of being a wet puppy!

Do I despise the rain? It really depends if you ask me.

If you're outside and did not prepare an umbrella, then I'd despise the rain that time. Other than that, I usually like rainy weather since this is one thing needed to keep plants and people alive.

Without average rainfall, people would have to panic on their city's water supply, and that wouldn't be good.

I like rain as long as it doesn't rain too much. I like the coolness it brings, the way it cleanses the air, and the way it makes everything look. When it's extremely humid and hot outside, the rain is needed to cool things down.

However, I absolutely hate the rain after it has rained enough. The past year it poured constantly, even through the winter, and the ground was a complete mess. It had never rained so much in the history of the state, it was just ridiculous. I hope to never experience so much rain again. It wouldn't be a big deal if I didn't have horses, but with horses, the ground can't be wet or else they have to be kept inside and I can't work with them. As much as it has rained in the past year I would be happy to not see rain again for a few years.

Thunderstorms are a different story. I'm absolutely terrified of tornadoes, so thunderstorms scare me. :(

You are not alone! (and I recognize this from the DeviantArt stamp you posted :P )

I remember last year in April, it was literally raining every day. :S

Fortunately though, there's a few sunny days during April of this year, which makes it better. And there's pretty much only two natural seasons here as well, so the weather is usually either sunny or rainy, the latter occurs more though.

Are you from the Pacific Northwest too? And..hey, I didn't know you watched me on deviantART! :D

But yep, seems like you and I are the only ones her who don't like rain. I seldom see snow. I kinda wish to see as much as most of you do in the central part of the country. I love heat/sunny days, hate the gloomy, wet, rainy days that are 90% of the weather here, and I kind of like snow. It's pretty, and here it does not hurt us. I still go out and make snow creatures (I made a snow Xweetok last snowfall). I pretty much have the opposite view on weather that everybody else seems to have. But then again, I'm the opposite of EVERYBODY. I'm always the odd one out.

There is the occasion in summer after a dry spell that I wish to see rain again, mainly if I'm tired of hot weather or the grass and plants are just totally dry and thirsty. That hardly happens, but when it does its usually at the end of summer.

I'd love rain if I lived where most of you do. You get good rain that comes on occasion and down in sheets like in the movies. We don't get that here, we only get light rain that lasts for months instead. :( Some sun would be nice, you know.

Thunderstorms are a different story. I'm absolutely terrified of tornadoes, so thunderstorms scare me.

Ugh I'm not a fan of storms either. We don't get incredibly loud thunder here, everything is mild. But even then, thunder DOES irritate me. Makes the dog bark, makes my dad go on and on about farts, ugh. Annoying annoying annoying.

Rain is our snow here, and I've probably seen more rain in my life than you have. You, in exchange, have seen more snow and sun than I ever have, and I'm probably older than some of you. The largest amount of snow I have ever seen was 2 feet. JUST two feet.

I hate rain, love sun, kinda like snow. You all hate snow, love rain..and Idk what you think of heat and sun.

But I can't wait to move out and live in a DESERT. I need that after spending the first 20 years of my life in perhaps the rainiest reigon in the US.

If everyone loves rain so much, why isn't Oregon more populated then? Oh..well we DO need our forests, so that's probably a good thing. And we're known for our lovely forests.

I love rain, but that's probably because where I'm from we don't have much rain... We have very dry summers that end up in massive fires on all our forests. And thunders, I love thunders. Every time there's a big storm I try to get nice pictures of them, even though most of the time I end up completely wet and sick (and not even one good pic...) :laughingsmiley:

Are you from the Pacific Northwest too? And..hey, I didn't know you watched me on deviantART! :D

But yep, seems like you and I are the only ones her who don't like rain. I seldom see snow. I kinda wish to see as much as most of you do in the central part of the country. I love heat/sunny days, hate the gloomy, wet, rainy days that are 90% of the weather here, and I kind of like snow. It's pretty, and here it does not hurt us. I still go out and make snow creatures (I made a snow Xweetok last snowfall). I pretty much have the opposite view on weather that everybody else seems to have. But then again, I'm the opposite of EVERYBODY. I'm always the odd one out.

There is the occasion in summer after a dry spell that I wish to see rain again, mainly if I'm tired of hot weather or the grass and plants are just totally dry and thirsty. That hardly happens, but when it does its usually at the end of summer.

I'd love rain if I lived where most of you do. You get good rain that comes on occasion and down in sheets like in the movies. We don't get that here, we only get light rain that lasts for months instead. :( Some sun would be nice, you know.

Ugh I'm not a fan of storms either. We don't get incredibly loud thunder here, everything is mild. But even then, thunder DOES irritate me. Makes the dog bark, makes my dad go on and on about farts, ugh. Annoying annoying annoying.

Rain is our snow here, and I've probably seen more rain in my life than you have. You, in exchange, have seen more snow and sun than I ever have, and I'm probably older than some of you. The largest amount of snow I have ever seen was 2 feet. JUST two feet.

I hate rain, love sun, kinda like snow. You all hate snow, love rain..and Idk what you think of heat and sun.

But I can't wait to move out and live in a DESERT. I need that after spending the first 20 years of my life in perhaps the rainiest reigon in the US.

If everyone loves rain so much, why isn't Oregon more populated then? Oh..well we DO need our forests, so that's probably a good thing. And we're known for our lovely forests.

Nope, I'm from Malaysia, as you can see. :P

There is no snow here obviously, and I prefer warm and sunny days over gloomy and rainy days as well, and I'm also the opposite of pretty much everybody.

I don't like thunderstorms either, it annoys me a lot with it's loud boom, and unfortunately, air is not the best electricity conductor out there.

And we are also famous for our tropical jungles.

Ha...sorry, Lyuba, but I'm not with you. I do like a nice rain. Also, I'm one of those people who wants to live in Portland. It's my favorite major city in the country. Granted, I haven't been to every major city in the country, but so far it's my favorite. In fact, my honeymoon was spent in Oregon--started in Ashland and worked our way to Portland.

I guess rain is pretty universal. :P And even though I like the rain, I'd still prefer a nice sunny day!

I used to have a friend that lived in Oregon, and he took the most beautiful pictures of all the lovely landscapes there. It seems like a nice place! :)

I don't know, rain is just sad, gloomy, and miserable to me, especially since that is always how it's depicted on TV and in movies. It always symbolizes sadness. So I'm like "How can everybody love soemthing so depressing?" Rain is good though, and I do know it has good spiritual purposes. But I look out my window and almost every day gloominess and sogginess is all I ever see. Some sun would be nice, in fact, sometimes things like sun and snow are only far away dreams. Which is why I treasure summer so much. It gives me the sun I seldom see. And since I have so many sun dresses, it'd be nice to wear them more often, and a sunny, warm place like Florida would seem ideal.

Nope, I'm from Malaysia, as you can see. :P

There is no snow here obviously, and I prefer warm and sunny days over gloomy and rainy days as well, and I'm also the opposite of pretty much everybody.

I don't like thunderstorms either, it annoys me a lot with it's loud boom, and unfortunately, air is not the best electricity conductor out there.

And we are also famous for our tropical jungles.

Guess that's you and me both, being the opposite of everybody. :D I love lush jungles like that, too.

I like rain. I like when it rains and thunders whenever I'm about to go sleep. Weird, right?