Random Neofriend Requests ... Accept Or Not ?

Angeló

This is basically a short yes or no survey ...

Do you accept random NF requests ?? why or why not ? :)

Personally , I don't .. unless the person has a very good account ... but these people don't usually send out random NF requests lol :)

Yeah, well it depends. If it is a "trash account" (nothing good, 3 avatars, etc.) no. But a nicer account, maybe. I made one great friend off of it that I neomail daily.

You know what, I hate to hurt anyone's feelings so I usually accept even though I don't really want to. I have over the years regretted it when some of these random requests become more like stalker incidents. Mostly people wanting to be gifted everything and when you don't WHAM! here comes the hate.

BUT...I have met lots of wonderful people this way too.

It all depends. I'm basically non-random with Neofriend requests.

I may accept if I know you from TDN or TDNForums, tell me who you are on TDN or TDNForums, or recognize your Neopets username from the forums, I'll accept. I will accept if I've known you for a good amount of time over here, or if you work for TDN as a staff user (regardless of position).

I won't accept if I don't know the person who is Neofriending me very well or if it's an absolute stranger, or if the account is a bland one like what Dcoolb said.

Unless they neomail me saying they're from TDN or something I wont accept. I don't like having too many or I get confused with who's who :P

I usually accept most people who request - because I've offered to help people with their habi's on various sites (tumblr, reddit etc) and they need to be my friend in order for me to do that. I'm not too bothered about having them in my list to be honest, some of them I talk to, most of them I don't, but I like being able to help people so it doesn't bother me too much!

I don't have a problem accepting people I don't know, seeing as it's only neopets - it's not like facebook where they will know everything about my life!

But I will have a look on their profile just to see if they seem a little dodgy etc - if they are completely new etc I won't accept, and I will usually try to message.. I have added some randomers and made friends but I always do message when I add so I think people should do that! :)

I hardly ever get them :'( Haha but yes I do usually accept randoms unless I have a NF only auction up and it's obvious they want to snipe it. If they're annoying I can always delete them later. I have like one active Neofriend and she lives in the same house as me............

Subliminal message: PLZZ BE MY FWEND

If I get a random request, I send the person who sent the request a neomail first and I always say something like who are you and why are you wanting to add me.

Most of the time, though, I cave and accept the request just to try not to be rude :|

Random NF requests freak me out. I have a very bad "Stranger danger!" response :P I don't see why people would want to be NFs with me, especially if I've never spoken to them or know them from anywhere.

Then after I started 1NP auctions, I had to shut off NF requests completely. Because the requests I got were endless. <_<

I don't just because it kind of scares me how they found me or why they want to be my neofriend in the first place. Plus, I like keeping things as organized as possible and I don't want a bunch of people that I don't know; especially now that neo has the whole part where you can see how long your friends have been on and when they are on.

I accept every request... doesn't matter who sends it to me. :D

... in saying that it did bite me once when I made a trade for my guild and a random neofriend who wasn't part of my guild won it.

:S

I have alot of people who nf me because of my lending agency. If I do get a seemingly random one, I usually accept it in case it is a potential lendee.

I don't really see a problem with random nf requests because it doesn't really change much, what I mean is, people can still nm you and all that if you aren't nfs. ^_^

Like I put on my userlookup, I only accept NF requests if we chatted before, is a fellow MIYP member, or we chatted here on TDNF. So it's a NO for me.

I get the randomest people requesting me from mainly Brazil and I don't know why :/

I used to accept every person but then realized that most of them only wanted me to "donate" nps since it seemed I had plenty to spare and because we were "friends". Had to freeze one of them since I would never buy from her shop either and she gave me complaints through neomail.

I usually don't. I've had way too many instances of them just neomailing me saying "got any items you don't want?" and when i say no, getting blocked.

Plus, I run the 1 np auctions funded by our donation shop, usually consisting of codestones or cheap morphing potions, and the amount of people trying to snipe my items was insane.