Random Neofriend Requests ... Accept Or Not ?

Angeló

• 4 weeks later...

I generally do not accept random requests unless the account is older or especially well developed. I used to accept anyone who requested, but I deleted many awhile back seeing that the majority of those accounts hadn't been used in a long, long time.

I usually accept because I don't really do any special things for Neofriends like auctions or anything like that. Mostly I think of it as a list of people who have acknowledged my existence and want to remember that I exist.

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely don't. I want my NF-only auctions (which I only use when I get lent something from the ALP) to be safe. Got lent a ZDAP plushie and as soon as I put it in auctions to return to the ALP, four people requested me to be their Neofriend, and only two bothered to message me asking if it was for sale. I used to add a lot of people, but now I don't since I wouldn't want somebody snatching up an item like that that doesn't belong to me.

I don't accept random Neofriend requests.

Most of my Neofriends are Neopians who have had discussions on the boards, or started a conversation through Neomail and enjoyed their company that I like to remember them.

• 5 weeks later...

I rarely get them but when I do I accept. :)

You never know who your next new friend will be, and I like to give everyone a chance.

The more the merrier!

• 1 month later...

I never want to be neofriends with people I haven't at least had a conversation or two with at some point in my neopets history. There are just so many internet horror stories that it makes me really paranoid haha...even if we are on probably one of the safest websites to conduct internet friend-making on.

It tends to depend on my mood, I think. I usually do not, but sometimes I feel like a jerk if I reject a request, so I give in and say yes. I check out their LookUp of course. I guess I don't get that many of them, so it doesn't like there is any harm in saying yes to the randoms. It's not like they can do much that they couldn't before, eh. I'm not exactly worried about them being able to see I'm online...I'm online quite a bit of the time, so, meh.