Random Neofriend Requests ... Accept Or Not ?

Angeló

I don't get many of them. XD I tend not to be active enough on the neoboards and stuff to make people try to add me. I'll start looking for some sooner or later though so I can start gifting on Habitarium. :)

In the past, I generally did not accept them though, regardless of their account.

It just kind of depends, I guess! If it's completely random I usually won't. I sometimes get a lot from people I've played one game against on KeyQuest, which is okay. Like scoptophobia, I don't post on the neoboards much or anything so I don't get too many.

Sometimes I feel guilty rejecting requests, but I also go through my list every few months or so and remove some of the people I've never spoken to, so I don't know why I feel so bad the first time around. :laughingsmiley:

I've never received a random friend request which is good really because I wouldn't accept it. It doesn't matter if they have 2 avatars or 200, whether their account has been around 10 hours or 10 years, if they haven't given me an actual reason to add them then their fancy account stats mean nothing. It might appear rude to ignore someone, however, I think it's possibly more rude to add someone without neomailing and introducing yourself first.

If I know the person from here though then that's different, but then again that also means that they're not random anymore. :)

I usually accept them. I don't usually get too many people begging for gifts, and no one has gotten very pushy with me. I mostly just like checking to see if they have the same habitarium layout that I have, because I never know how to set mine up. I just go through my friends list when my habi starts to lag. Since I don't really do lending or anything like that, I find that most of my random requests are just people wanting to keep track of my trades or shop for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

I never do. They always want to talk, and I'm just like... no. Go away. I know it sounds callous, but I don't like talking to people I don't know.

I only accept people I've talked to on the Neoboards.

I don't usually get many random neofriend requests unless it's someone I've played KQ with. I usually accept those though because they didn't quit on me and I wouldn't mind playing with them again. I'd probably accept anyone though. :)

I tend to on the rare occasions I get them...it's not often mind. I will always wander over to the account to see 'who' they are though and if it's a complete noob with nothing then I won't tend to accept as I see that as just asking to be harrassed for freebies.

I think it's possibly more rude to add someone without neomailing and introducing yourself first.

I agree completely. I never accept random friend invites. I don't get a lot, thankfully, but when I do, I get a booming voice in my head yelling WHAT DO YOU WANT!?

I don't want people I don't have any relationship with to clutter up my friend list. Puh, I'm feeling all hostile now, just from talking about it.

No, I'm a cautious person, if I don't know who you are, you're not getting on my list. No exceptions.

I recently got a random NF request from someone who just joined neopets, literally three days old! Those kind of ones bother me, especially when I get them during the time that I have a really expensive item in either auctions, trades or in my shop. (I know a lot of random people, generally new ones, do that thinking that if they are a neo-friend then they'll get special treatment. :sad01_anim: )

During the time I had an auction up that was for an item valuing over 350k, and there came that random NF request. Not to mention they gave off the stalker vibe after sending me another request to my side (I guess they figured that I ignored the request on my main.)

But no, I generally do not accept random requests unless they neomail me: tell me who they are, how they know me, etc. It's just safer that way, even if Neopets isn't facebook.

Sometimes people will add me after a game of neoquest... if I had a particularly good game with them I'll add them back but so far I haven't really communicated with them at all. So in general I'm starting to not accept random nf requests anymore.

• 2 months later...

I very seldom get random NF requests (other than from people I've played KQ with) but when I do, I very rarely accept. I always wonder why someone I don't know would add me o.O

I'd be scared that I'd send a gift meant for a friend to a complete stranger :P

Most KQ-friend requests also fall through. I end up deleting them after having had no contact for a couple of days.

I don't think I've ever had a random NF request before :( maybe not since I was a kid anyway. The only times I get NF reqs is from RL friends (or internet friends) or the one time I posted in a habitarium thread because I was just starting out and having a few troubles.

I would be fine with accepting them though, especially with friend potential! It's been like years since I've had a neofriend that was actually a regular user who NMed me and such ;3;