So what are you reading?

Lauren_x

ooh I think I might download Uglies :O It sounds good, but also the main boy character has the same name as my son! (funny reason to read a book ha ha) ;)

Edit: weirdly it seems to be a girl, who has the same name as my son.... which in my world.. is a boy's name ha ha ;)

ooh I think I might download Uglies :O It sounds good, but also the main boy character has the same name as my son! (funny reason to read a book ha ha) ;)

Edit: weirdly it seems to be a girl, who has the same name as my son.... which in my world.. is a boy's name ha ha ;)

You should definitely download it!!! It's such a good series =). And it's a really nice twist on the usual dystopian theme, and i can actually imagine life like that in the future, especially with how involved the world is with vanity and with image nowadays.

And that's cool that they have the same name. There are plenty of name that are used for both guys and girls, so it's not too bad =).

You should definitely download it!!! It's such a good series =). And it's a really nice twist on the usual dystopian theme, and i can actually imagine life like that in the future, especially with how involved the world is with vanity and with image nowadays.

And that's cool that they have the same name. There are plenty of name that are used for both guys and girls, so it's not too bad =).

Thanks! I've downloaded it! I know I'm a bit old for teen lit, but I find it really easy to read and chills me out, and reminds me of being a teenager ;) Also, I absolutely LOVE distopian fiction, and don't find many that are adult books, but if anybody's got any suggestions for more distopian fiction, I'd love to hear them! :) :)

Hunger Games are absolutely amazing books. Read all three in a week and half. Worth every penny.

I'm half way through A Brave New World. Started it 4 hours ago!

Ahhh, I love Brave New World. So depressing! Dystopias are my favourite. :3

Thanks! I've downloaded it! I know I'm a bit old for teen lit, but I find it really easy to read and chills me out, and reminds me of being a teenager ;) Also, I absolutely LOVE distopian fiction, and don't find many that are adult books, but if anybody's got any suggestions for more distopian fiction, I'd love to hear them! :) :)

Hahaha that fair enough, i remember when i was little i always said "I can't wait until im a teenager!". Now that i'm here, i can't wait until i grow up XD. And when im in my twenties i'll be like, "No, i wanna be a teen again...".

I love dystopian fiction too! Have you even read 1984 by George Orwell? I'm pretty sure that's a dystopian novel as well, but it's quite advanced language wise. Or at least it's slightly more difficult to read than Uglies. And the Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood is dystopian as well. It's quite a good book, with really serious themes, but it's definitely for a more mature audience.

Hahaha that fair enough, i remember when i was little i always said "I can't wait until im a teenager!". Now that i'm here, i can't wait until i grow up XD. And when im in my twenties i'll be like, "No, i wanna be a teen again...".

I love dystopian fiction too! Have you even read 1984 by George Orwell? I'm pretty sure that's a dystopian novel as well, but it's quite advanced language wise. Or at least it's slightly more difficult to read than Uglies. And the Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood is dystopian as well. It's quite a good book, with really serious themes, but it's definitely for a more mature audience.

Yes I've read both of those, and Oryx and Crake, and Year of the Flood (Margaret Atwood) absolutely loved them! I did read 1984 and found it fascinating, but didn't enjoy it as much as The Handmaid's Tale! I'm about 1/4 of the way through Uglies, really enjoying it!!! (thank you!) :)

Yes I've read both of those, and Oryx and Crake, and Year of the Flood (Margaret Atwood) absolutely loved them! I did read 1984 and found it fascinating, but didn't enjoy it as much as The Handmaid's Tale! I'm about 1/4 of the way through Uglies, really enjoying it!!! (thank you!) :)

Yay, another fan of Atwood! She is just splendid :D

If you like dystopias, you may wanty to try Fahrenheit 451 (Ray Bradbury), A Clockwork Orange (Anthony Burgess), and The Chrysalids (John Wyndham). They are some of my favourite dystopias!

Oh, also Animal Farm (George Orwell). Less of a dystopia and more of a retelling of the Bolshevik Revolution, but it is amazing. You don't have to know anything about the revolution to understand the story, but it does give it another level. :)

Mmm, i agree, Handmaid's Tale was my favourite out of the 2. And great! I'll be sure to check those out =). I'm writing them as I type ;) (lol, nearly wrote speak there...).

And no problem!!! It always feels really nice to recommend someone a book and them loving it =).

Yay, another fan of Atwood! She is just splendid :D

If you like dystopias, you may wanty to try Fahrenheit 451 (Ray Bradbury), A Clockwork Orange (Anthony Burgess), and The Chrysalids (John Wyndham). They are some of my favourite dystopias!

Oh, also Animal Farm (George Orwell). Less of a dystopia and more of a retelling of the Bolshevik Revolution, but it is amazing. You don't have to know anything about the revolution to understand the story, but it does give it another level. :)

I'm gonna write those down too ;). And i've read Animal Farm. It was a bit awkward because i'm Russian and we did it as a novel study in class, so the teacher would often ask me dates and events etc.... But it was a nice book. It tells the story well but in a manner which younger people would enjoy.

Mmm, i agree, Handmaid's Tale was my favourite out of the 2. And great! I'll be sure to check those out =). I'm writing them as I type ;) (lol, nearly wrote speak there...).

And no problem!!! It always feels really nice to recommend someone a book and them loving it =).

I'm gonna write those down too ;). And i've read Animal Farm. It was a bit awkward because i'm Russian and we did it as a novel study in class, so the teacher would often ask me dates and events etc.... But it was a nice book. It tells the story well but in a manner which younger people would enjoy.

Oooh, that is awkward! Hahah. I had a Russian woman in my history class when we were told to read it, and she was often called on for dates and stuff as well.

i've still got to read those... they're on my list. ^_^

i finished Future of Us by Ashler & Macker a few days ago (hopefully i didn't already mention this) and i have to say that was the worst book i've read in quite a while. It sucked horribly and if it weren't for my book club which bought the book for me and made me feel guilty for not wanting to finish it, I would have dropped the stupid thing on the third page. :tired:

thankfully, once my book club discusses this one, it's over so I don't ever have to read anything they suggest ever again. XD

I'm currently reading LA Candy. I love it and I have the next book in the series but I can't for the life of me remember if I bought the 3rd book in the series or just thought about buying it. I can't find it at home so I'm assuming I just thought about it haha. I really need to get organized!

Oooh, that is awkward! Hahah. I had a Russian woman in my history class when we were told to read it, and she was often called on for dates and stuff as well.

Yeah, that month or so in class was just great. Everyone would be really nice to me though, as if they pitied me or something?.. It's just like guys, this happen a hundred years ago, calm down. And lol, she probably felt quite awkward as well XD.

Hmmmm, in case anyone else is looking for a good read, i'm pretty sure this is dystopian and the first book out of the series is called Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman. I've heard from many people that it's a great series and i'm currently reading the first book, which is really good so far =D.

I'm reading the final book of Christopher Paolini's Inheritance cycle called... well, Inheritance. :laughingsmiley: While I'm not a huge fan of of the Inheritance cycle, I always finish a book series when I start it.

I see a lot of people here are fellow Hunger Games fans... those books are great!! I am team Peeniss all the way! :)

I am reading IQ84 right now... it's not Murakami's best, but it is still good. If you like weird stuff, I highly recommend anything by Haruki Murakami, particularly The Wind Up Bird Chronicle.

Well I'm reading Awakened in the House of Night series right now (yes, a cheesy teen vampire novel XD). It's pretty good I guess, but I'm mainly reading it because I started the series when I was younger, and I hate not finishing series.

On a side note, for people who like dystopian novels, some of my favourites include The House of Scorpion (by Nancy Farmer), and the Chaos Walking trilogy (by Patrick Ness)

Well I'm reading Awakened in the House of Night series right now (yes, a cheesy teen vampire novel XD). It's pretty good I guess, but I'm mainly reading it because I started the series when I was younger, and I hate not finishing series.

On a side note, for people who like dystopian novels, some of my favourites include The House of Scorpion (by Nancy Farmer), and the Chaos Walking trilogy (by Patrick Ness)

Oh yes, The House of the Scorpion! What a fantastic book. :D

If someone does plan on looking for it, it'll probably in the young adult/teen section, but don't let that throw you off. :)

Ahhh i've read the House of Night novels!! They are rather teenageish aren't they =D. I don't mind though, i still like them. But i've forgotten what book im up to, so i'll probably start rereading them from the first one =).