So what are you reading?

Lauren_x

Ahhh i've read the House of Night novels!! They are rather teenageish aren't they =D. I don't mind though, i still like them. But i've forgotten what book im up to, so i'll probably start rereading them from the first one =).

Yea, they are...but I still like them too :P They're a really light read, which is good after reading insanely confusing books for English (Dogs at the Perimeter anyone?)

I ended up rereading them too XD The first time I started, I read half of the first, and I think part of the second and third, so I just decided to restart from the beginning and read them properly XD

On a side note, for people who like dystopian novels, some of my favourites include The House of Scorpion (by Nancy Farmer), and the Chaos Walking trilogy (by Patrick Ness)

I never got a chance to read that House of Scorpions book... maybe I'll add it to my list. everyone I know who's read it recommends it. =)

I just finished Insurgent yesterday and i have to say it was disappointing. I wasn't really looking forward to a sequel anyway. But I noticed that there isn't any advertising for the third one anywhere. I wonder... is it because they aren't sure what to call it yet? Someone I know was thinking it's going to be either "detergent" (cleaning up the cities, etc) or "convergent" (if all the factions come together).. or possibly "emergent" lol. Hopefully it'll be amusing.

I've recently read "The Pale King," by David Foster Wallace, and I've been thinking about going back and reading his book "Infinite Jest" again. It's a very difficult book to follow (as are most of DFW's books), but it is wonderful if you can get past the endless footnotes, page-and-a-half-long sentences, and sheer volume (over 1000 pages). It explores a rather dysfunctional family and the effect that the pursuit of pleasure through entertainment can have on people. I've also read his first novel, "The Broom of the System."

I'm reading the Mortal Instruments series, by Cassandra Clare I'm on City of Ashes.

I recently finished John Flanagan's The Rangers Apprentice series. It's just too awesome, even for YA lit. I'm on to his Brotherband Chronicles after I finish the Mortal Instruments series.

And I'm waiting for a new Sigma Force novel to come out too. I love James Rollins, and Sigma Force is just awesome! :rock:

I'm reading the Mortal Instruments series, by Cassandra Clare I'm on City of Ashes.

I recently finished John Flanagan's The Rangers Apprentice series. It's just too awesome, even for YA lit. I'm on to his Brotherband Chronicles after I finish the Mortal Instruments series.

And I'm waiting for a new Sigma Force novel to come out too. I love James Rollins, and Sigma Force is just awesome! :rock:

You know, i've always wanted to read the "city of..." books and the apprentice ranger series, but i always hesitate. I should definitely read them if you say they're good ^_^

Currently I'm reading If I Stay by... somebody whose name i can't remember, and Touched With Fire: Manic-Depressive Illness &... by Kim Jamison. I like them both so far. If I Stay is better than i thought it'd be, especially since i wasn't really sure what it was about and now i find out that the girl plays cello like me! :D

I am reading "the Dark Tower" at the moment, which is the 7th and final (well, there is an 8th, but in the storyline it is in between book 4 and 5 :P ) book in the Dark Tower series. Someone just died and it made me cry, even though I must have read this book about a dozen times already... *blushes* I'm crazy, I know... LOL. I just love my fictional friends from Mid-World. :) ♥

I am reading "the Dark Tower" at the moment, which is the 7th and final (well, there is an 8th, but in the storyline it is in between book 4 and 5 :P ) book in the Dark Tower series. Someone just died and it made me cry, even though I must have read this book about a dozen times already... *blushes* I'm crazy, I know... LOL. I just love my fictional friends from Mid-World. :) ♥

I've got this on my Kindle, well the first one I mean Jacky, on your recommendation so I should be reading it in a few books time!

Can't remember who recommended the Uglies Trilogy to me, but I just finished the first one last night - loved it! <3 Thank you :)

I've got this on my Kindle, well the first one I mean Jacky, on your recommendation so I should be reading it in a few books time!

Can't remember who recommended the Uglies Trilogy to me, but I just finished the first one last night - loved it! <3 Thank you :)

You loved it? That's great!! hahaha i never would have thought i would actually recommend something that others would enjoy XD. But it really is a great series. It's different, but all the right themes are there, and i just love them =D.

I did!! Loved it! Tally's a fab character, I will download the next one today probs, Thank you so much for the recommendation, and like you say, it's a GREAT feeling when you recommend a book and the other person likes it, I love that feeling!

I'm currently reading A Bend in the Road, by Nicholas Sparks. He's my current favorite author. Not all of his work is just about romance, and I think some people get that wrong. I read The Guardian by him years ago and by that book, that's how he became my favorite author. He writes horror and suspense, just maybe not as well as romance...

I struggle to read a lot of books because it's rare that I find a book I think I'll like, or I do like. I simply don't have the time to spend reading tons of books just to find one I like. I'm just one of those 'picky' readers I guess ;P

I'm currently reading A Bend in the Road, by Nicholas Sparks. He's my current favorite author. Not all of his work is just about romance, and I think some people get that wrong. I read The Guardian by him years ago and by that book, that's how he became my favorite author. He writes horror and suspense, just maybe not as well as romance...

I love Nicholas Sparks! I met him a couple of months ago, it was awesome. A Bend In The Road is one of my favorites.

I love Nicholas Sparks! I met him a couple of months ago, it was awesome. A Bend In The Road is one of my favorites.

:O Oh my goodness! Lucky! I'm just past the middle section of the book, more near to the end. So far so good though <3

I'm now reading 'The House of Silk', a Sherlock Holmes story by Anthony Horrowitz

Didn't finish it yet, am only halfway but there have been so many twist and unseen revelations that I'm already rating it a big

9/10

For everyone who likes Holmes / Horrowizt / a thrilling read / nice plottwists

I just finished reading the Hunger Games trilogy. I was very pleased with the first and second books, but the third but was not as great =/

As for fanfiction, I'm currently reading Future Talk by Graphospasm (which is a Yu Yu Hakusho fanfiction), but she's has not updated for a long time =/

I just finished reading the Hunger Games trilogy. I was very pleased with the first and second books, but the third but was not as great =/

I agree with you. For me, the third book just kind of seemed like Suzanne Collins needed to find any sort of ending. I did like the trilogy as a whole, though.

I'm currently reading The Dubliners by James Joyce, and The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien. The Joyce book is a collection of short stories, so it's not hard to read the two side by side. C=

I agree with you. For me, the third book just kind of seemed like Suzanne Collins needed to find any sort of ending. I did like the trilogy as a whole, though.

I'm currently reading The Dubliners by James Joyce, and The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien. The Joyce book is a collection of short stories, so it's not hard to read the two side by side. C=

Yeah, I felt the same way, it did seem rushed =/ But I really didn't like how

: Finnick and Prim had to die >.< I was so angry!! :(