Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Personally, my parents didn't care how old my sister or I were. (We were both living at home when we turned 18) They went for the "you live under our roof" rule.

Now, I'm 26, married, and live elsewhere, and have for quite a few years, and my mom still likes to lecture and say what I could/couldn't do if I moved in with them for a bit, if my husband went over-seas or something.

My sister is nearly 30, hasn't lived at home in 10 years, and they still tell her what she can and can't do when she's visiting.

I want to leave home at 18 so I don;t have to share with my sister anymore, who will be 11 by then, so still young.

And I would hate it if my parents did that to me.

Hm. My parents don't believe in grounding- they 'revoke priviledges'. I pretty much can do what I want within reason though. I'm a pretty good kid so I don't try and test any boundaries? I know my parents rules and I don't try and go against them. I don't have an explicit curfew but it's essentially if they are picking me up 9 or 9:30pm, if it's a special occasion usually the latest is 11pm unless it's SUPER special- and 11pm is difficult to get. If I have a ride home usually 10pm for normal, and midnight or so for special occasions. I think my parents have the 'in my house and under my roof, my rules' idea, I don't really mind their rules though.

Also- Welcome back guys! :)

For the most part my parents don't believe in grounding- except once I got grounded for a week in grade 4 because I was cutting orchestra lessons for 3 weeks straight.

It didn't really affect me all that much though, because where does a nine-year-old have to be.

My parents only used grounding if they felt it was absolutely necessary. I think I was grounded twice in my entire life. My sister, well, I lost count. They also tried the restricting her privileges countless times as well.

I had a few times where my parents wanted to limit my computer use, but otherwise, they never had to do anything else. I never even had a curfew. I was never really out late, and when I was, I was with people they trusted completely, so as long as they took the phone in their room, and I took it out when I got home, they had no big concerns with when I came home.

I don't think I ever came home past 2 am, and when I was that late, I was with a family friend that was 6 years older than me, and my mom had known her mom for a long time. (Her mom and my mom met, before my parents had even met.) So there was a lot of trust there.

My parents don't call it "grounding" for me. They just say "no privileges". Which basically means I can't use my laptop/computer, DS, Wii, GameCube, the phone, or my 360 (which I rarely play anyway)

I just don't get to go out often because I don;t have anywhere to go and my parents worry about me, which makes me jealous of other people who go out lots. And I don't like sharing my room with my 8 year old sister.

So, how is Daily Dare going for y'all?

Daily Dare? It's coming out awesome!

3 AAA wins as of late, and 15 more to go. 1 AAA Team Challenges done, and 2 more to go.

I hope to score another gold Daily Dare Trophy for my Userlookup. Here's my old final prize results from last year:

dd2011gold.jpg

Additionally, here's my Daily Dare record from last year: http://www.neopets.com/games/aaa/2011/trophy.phtml?username=neoking2002_neo

So, how is Daily Dare going for y'all? I haven't been able to do it, but I did dress up Brylen for the occasion.

2.png

I'm actually doing quite well. Beaten AAA on the day of the challenge everyday so far, and I've done the Team Challenge. What about you?

On a side note, I think you guys will love my next name change. Hint: It does not involve llamas.