Heroes of Earth

Ruto

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beth looked at Leah. "Like what? The monster's in Chicago, and as far as I'm concerned, we can only hope that monster dies down soon. Which isn't likely to happen." Beth buried her face in her hands. "I shouldn't have abandoned Jon. I should have attacked Raziar in the ship while I had the chance."

Guest Teen_astronomer

Justin was messing around in the wreckage of Raziar's ship when he found one of Jon's swords. He looked around and saw a door to a hangar, inside there was only one small spacecraft that was still operational.

"GUYS!" Justion shouted to get their attention.

Beth looked in Justin's direction and came running over. "What is it? What did you find?" She looked at the ship. "A spaceship? Does it work?" She climbed inside and pushed a red button. The engine roared up. "Hey, it does work! Everyone, climb in! We're going to Chicago!" She turned to Justin and smiled. "Great work finding this thing."

The spacecraft was now in Chicago, and the creature was plain in sight. "Ah! It's destroying the Sears Tower!" Beth looked around for some sort of fire weapons button. She tried a blue button, and out came a plasma blaster from the bottom of the spacecraft that shot at the creature. "Bullseye!"

"Ah, the guns didn't harm it at all! Maybe there's something else in here." Beth tried pulling three levers in front of her, which brought out three guns that shot out pure energy. She looked at the screen and locked on the target. The guns fired, shaking the ship slightly. "Woah! Apparently this thing runs on limited fuel." Gotta be careful, I don't want to run out of fuel.

Guest Teen_astronomer

It roared then fell backward again, but this time it had a wound.

It opened its mouth and a yellow ball formed inside of it, about three seconds later a huge beam of yellow plasma shot straight out of its mouth.

Beth swirved the aircraft away from the shots and fired the guns again, this time around the chest. Maybe this thing has a vital organ that I could shoot at. It's worth a shot. "Hang tight everyone, I may have found a weakness."

Guest Teen_astronomer

It roared again and shot yellow plasma out its mouth again, narrowly missing the craft.

The wound on its shoulder was slowly healing...

This is getting dangerous. That yellow plasma looks like it could kill us within seconds. I need to end this thing quickly. Beth tried a green button that released several missles. She fired the guns again, this time at the forehead of the creature. "The fuel's getting low, Justin! Can you find anything in the back that might act as a fuel source?"

Guest Teen_astronomer

"No, nothing!" Justin replied.

It looked uneffected by the missiles, but it did twist and hit three buildings in the process.

We're doomed. There was one button that Beth hadn't tried yet, and Beth pushed it. All she saw was a blinding flash of light. Beth closed her eyes and looked away. Whoo! What is that? The fuel tank was dangerously low now. Any button Beth pushed could stop the ship completely.

Guest Teen_astronomer

I was thrown back through five buildings and had its arm completly blown off.

It opened its mouth and a bright blue beam of plasma and light shot clean out of its mouth and hit the craft on the under side, it was going down.

The ship shook violently as it spiraled toward the ground. "Prepare to crash!" Beth tried all she could to slow the ship's descent, but to no avail. The ship crashed into a building, and Beth fell out of her chair and was knocked out of the ship. After a few rolling episodes, Beth found herself badly injured on the right leg. How did I survive that? She limped over to the wreckage and searched around. "Hello? Is everyone okay?"

Guest Teen_astronomer

"Ahh, *puh* I'm fine." Justin replied while spitting blood.

The thing didn't stop on its malevolent rampage, it continued to destroy buildings while its left arm began to grow back.

Beth sighed of relief. She continued searching for the others among the rubble. "Hey, what's Jon's jacket doing here?" A chill went down her spine. She took the letter out of the pocket and read over it again. There has to be some sort of clue on how to beat this thing. Anywhere? She tossed the letter aside and dug Leah and Moon out. "You guys okay?"

"Wait, I have an idea about how to stop the creature." Beth stood up. "You guys stay here. I'll handle this." Beth ran toward the creature. Perhaps calming it down would make it stop. The letter said not to show emotion, so maybe this will work. Beth stopped at the monster's feet and tried to get its attention. "Wait! I have to tell you something! Please stop destroying the buildings and listen to me!"

Beth drew in her courage and looked straight up at the creature. "I know you're in there, Jon. Please calm down. I didn't mean to leave you behind in Raziar's spaceship. I should have stayed in there and busted you out. You have every right to be mad, but that's what's brought this form upon you. Please, Jon, please stop terrorizing the town. I'm sorry."