Neopets Pet Peeves

Angeló

Rude people in the PC (I don't want your badly named plush anyway!).

Frustrating avatars, like when you have to spend tons on NP or refresh a million times.

Nobody STILL knowing how to get the wishing well avvie.

My biggest pet peeve is the whole notion of NC. <_< I refuse to spend real money on Neopets, and I don't think anyone should waste their money on it. It's a real sell-out thing of Neopets to do.

It's not a sell out thing at all. It's a business thing.

Neopets has a staff to pay and pretty hefty server costs. They need a steady income to help cover business expenses. Yes it is a game, but it is also a business, I think people forget this about online sites like NP. The website I used to work for generated about 60% of it's income from cash sells and the rest from advertisers and inverters. They made TONS off their cash, but are still in financial trouble becuase upkeep on websites like this are expensive.

While I myself don't buy NC I understand why it is a part of the site and why Neopets HAS to push the sell of it.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rude people in the PC (I don't want your badly named plush anyway!).

Frustrating avatars, like when you have to spend tons on NP or refresh a million times.

Nobody STILL knowing how to get the wishing well avvie.

It's not a sell out thing at all. It's a business thing.

Neopets has a staff to pay and pretty hefty server costs. They need a steady income to help cover business expenses. Yes it is a game, but it is also a business, I think people forget this about online sites like NP. The website I used to work for generated about 60% of it's income from cash sells and the rest from advertisers and inverters. They made TONS off their cash, but are still in financial trouble becuase upkeep on websites like this are expensive.

While I myself don't buy NC I understand why it is a part of the site and why Neopets HAS to push the sell of it.

Fair enough. I still hate the idea that people are wasting their money on Neopets. :laughingsmiley: I suppose all the websites I am used to using, like Facebook etc get all their income from advertising, so I figured that was enough.

Pretty much in order, 1 being my biggest personal annoyance:

1) Overfeeding Kads. Okay, so you've fed 1473 of them. So what? The avvie was at 75, let other users have a chance please.

2) When I've gotten an avatar score in a game and there's a 'sending score error'.

3) Not being able to transfer my NC items between my main and sides for free. I have to spend more NC to transfer them each time. That's not right.

4) Elitists thinking they can 'set the bar'. I have 206 avatars and I am a collector, everyone has to start somewhere. Yet apparently I am not a collector because I don't have over 300 avatars. Go away please. :laughingsmiley: (Actually was told this the other day.)

5) Autobuyers. Just get out. Reason I don't restock.

6) People who report others and call them 'rude' because they don't agree with their opinions. :rolleyes_anim:

7) How pets now have 'prices' because trading is allowed.

Separate YYB pet peeves:

1) Opposite team is allowed to steal the ball from our goalie and instantly score, even though TNT fixed this glitch which means we now cannot do the same. Either fix it for both sides or leave it alone.

2) Opposite team can shoot far without charging up. This makes passing from team member to team member much easier for them, especially with the snow YYB. It also means their goalie can shoot before any of our players can even make it to the goalie, whereas our goalie has to charge up for a few seconds first, allowing pet peeve #1 to happen.

3) Opposite team can literally stick to our players like glue. That is to say, follow their exact pattern, no matter if you're constantly moving direction. Because this is an automated team, we cannot do the same back, it's impossible to predict the moves of the opposite team to that extent from a human's point of view. This makes stealing the ball MUCH easier for the opposite team.

Oh there are so many I don't know where to begin.

- Neocash and the NC mall ... Some of the best looking wearables are in there, but I'm not about to spend actual money on them. That's what neopoints are for, so I don't have to spend real money to play.

- TP bidders who bid way below the asking price. Or those who bid on a reserved item. If I wanted to sell it to just anyone, I would have put an asking price.

- Overpriced auctions. People who start the bidding for an auction already well above the SW or TP price. The whole point of an auction is to gradually increase the price, not ask for it already so high.

- The transfer/pound limit. I've never understood why some pets cannot be pounded or why others who are pounded change their coloring when you get rid of them ... There are so many pets I'd need to get all the avatars, but I'm limited to 1-3 pets, depending on account size, that it can take months to get them all.

- The horribly high games scores needed to get those avatars. I can work like crazy to get a top score and do my very best, but I still fall short of the requirement for that avatar ... In the end, I just don't play games on neo anymore.

There's more, but I don't want to have a post that takes an hour to read.

Oh, and people that have a pet UFA and "take applications," like the jerk that my dear friend Shannon had to deal with recently. Shannon worked so hard on her petpage application -- literally poured her heart and soul into it -- and got rejected anyway. It's absolutely ridiculous. Whoever even came up with the stupid idea of petpage applications needs to be publicly flogged.

Nyyyyawwww I wub you my little Racheykins :)

I was pretty gutted when I didn't get him. I'm applying for a UC Faerie Shoyru now so we'll see how that one works out o_O

OH GOODNESS I SAW THE BOARD FOR THE UC SHOYRU THAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. *dances* =D 'cause I'm a Neopian Pound board stalker now. x_x; Good luck getting it! =D I wish you many much luck. =3 I'm working towards a Pirate Lupe and a Faerie Kougra that are both UFA. ;3 Nice owner -- we really get along, and she's extremely friendly and kid. :O

Anyways. Onto a pet peeve.

I tried really really hard on an application for a Darigan Kougra. I did art, I wrote up a character design, I showed the previous owner how dedicated I am to my pets, all that good nonsense.

A~and of course, the Darigan Kougra was given to someone else.

WHICH I'M TOTALLY FINE WITH.

I'm not a spiteful person by nature, and you know, I'm glad that the Darigan Kougra was given to someone who wanted him.

Whatever.

It was the way I found out that the Darigan Kougra had been given to someone else. I NMed the person I was applying to with a 'oh snap I forgot that I had the application page on this petpage and traded it over so I lost everything -- is that a problem?' neomail. And then I get a neomail back saying that the Kougra had been given to someone already. They hadn't neomailed the two who didn't get accepted, or altered their petpage...

They just freaking adopted him out and said nothing to the people who had applied and tried hard and beaten the first few hurdles and said nothing, nor did they update the petpage which I checked everyday.

sighs

I know someone has to get a pet when it's put UFA, and you can't throw a temper tantrum when it's not you, 'cause that's stupid. But at least be gracious to everyone who applied and let them know they didn't get it, so that they can stop making theoretical plans around a pet that they're never going to have.

Also, I have a conspiracy theory. I lost my Chia when I tried Pound trading it to my side, and it got picked up by some Pound sniper. (Not a pet peeve, it happens sometimes when you don't want to waste a transfer, it's just personal greed on your own part.) XD And the Pound sniper just so happens to be the leader of the guild that the person who got the Darigan Kougra is in...

And the guild is private.

BUT I HATE THAT GUILD AND EVERYONE IN IT. [[not really of course]]

They're out to get me, I swear. o_O

Also, I have a conspiracy theory. I lost my Chia when I tried Pound trading it to my side, and it got picked up by some Pound sniper. (Not a pet peeve, it happens sometimes when you don't want to waste a transfer, it's just personal greed on your own part.) XD And the Pound sniper just so happens to be the leader of the guild that the person who got the Darigan Kougra is in...

And the guild is private.

BUT I HATE THAT GUILD AND EVERYONE IN IT. [[not really of course]]

They're out to get me, I swear. o_O

you know , there are auto-adopt programs as well ... they might be using them .... <_<

you know , there are auto-adopt programs as well ... they might be using them .... <_<

my optimism.

Are there really?

I hate all these auto-programs on Neopets.

Auto score sending and auto restocking and UGH.

Come on, TNT, get it together.

I'd believe it, though. >_> I was really quick and I've never failed to Pound trade before.

The thought that it was an auto-program just upset me all the more. x_x

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not use curse words in your posts. The words have been removed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I was always under the impression that TNT kept an eye out for auto programs being used ... But lately, by the sounds of it, they aren't doing a very good job of catching them anymore.

The only way they tend to catch auto-programmers is if they do something extremely outrageous.

Like, say, the auto-score senders using their program to play a game for 5 seconds but score high enough to get on the high score board.

That sort of thing.

Most of the time it does go undetected nowadays, though. They used to keep a better watch out for it, but I think things like that got a little slack in recent years, what with the management change and all...

Nope. TNT is still constantly freezing autobuyers and score senders. Only idiots who make it obvious they're cheating get caught, though. People who cheat sparingly will of course be more difficult to catch. It's common sense.

3) People who act like they're all that (especially on the Neoboards)

Oh man. What is up with that? This is definitely my pet peeve as well.

And do I totally have my head in the sand about auto-buying? I didn't know it was that common of a cheat, but I've definitely seen shops with 100's of codestones. I thought it was pretty much taken care of with the click the pet system.

A little while back, I heard that the auto-buying was getting so ridiculous that TNT was freezing pretty much anyone who managed to get a Draik egg out of the main shop, even legit buyers whose RSing patterns were too precise, making them seen automated. But this could also be bitter cheaters bummed about being caught. Hmmm. But if you're refreshing approximately every 5-10 seconds on the second, how do they tell the difference? Is it the speed you enter your haggle price and click the pet? No wonder it's so hard to catch autobuyers. This makes my head hurt.

OH GOODNESS I SAW THE BOARD FOR THE UC SHOYRU THAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. *dances* =D 'cause I'm a Neopian Pound board stalker now. x_x; Good luck getting it! =D I wish you many much luck. =3 I'm working towards a Pirate Lupe and a Faerie Kougra that are both UFA. ;3 Nice owner -- we really get along, and she's extremely friendly and kid. :O

I know isn't she pretty ^_^

Good luck getting your Lupe and Kougra! I hope you win ^_^

I did the same with the UC Grey Kougra I applied for. Did loads of art, backstory, etc. I started writing it in mid April, the deadline was supposed to be the 6th of May, it then got moved to the 27th, and she literally only adopted the pet out to the person two days ago. I will only apply for one UC at a time so that was really really irritating that it kept getting pushed back.

I feel your pain when it comes to applications!! It's all waiting, I hate that.

And do I totally have my head in the sand about auto-buying? I didn't know it was that common of a cheat, but I've definitely seen shops with 100's of codestones.

Codestones have nothing to do with autobuying because they don't restock in stores. They're only random events I think.

Codestones have nothing to do with autobuying because they don't restock in stores. They're only random events I think.

They autobuy from other user's shops - easier because there is no "click the neopet to buy" or "you must wait 5 seconds to purchase!" alerts. *If* the neopian has 100s of codestones AND the price has jumped significantly in the last couple of days, they are most likely an autobuyer. Same with Dubloons etc etc.

pet peeve is people in general on the bd boards. and some of the AB systems now are pretty advanced, that's the problem...it's almost impossible to tell them apart from legit restockers who just happen to be good at what they do.