Neopets Pet Peeves

Angeló

1.] Ridiculous Pet Applications that immediately get rejected simply because there isn't any original artwork in your application because you draw like a two year old.

2.] Random and Expensive avatars that are going to take me 10 years to acquire.

3.] REs that take away money, or worse turn my pets INVISIBLE :grrr:

4.] Sending an awesome score and getting an error.

5.] Being silenced in the neoboards and really not even being aware of what you did wrong. :angry:

6.] People on neopets who believe they are better than you because they have a 3 day old account and all their pets are VWN and painted. Like seriously? Do I believe that?!

7.] When my habitarium closes on me.

8.] Getting crap from my dailies. Totally disappointing.

Phew. I complain a lot :laughingsmiley:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Reading through your posts, I found a lot of pet peeves I share, haha. Especially elitists, people who don't post their asking price on the TP and KQ quitters d:

Don't remember if I already posted in this topic (didn't go through all posts again), but here they are:

1. KAD OVERFEEDERS: Seriously? Give someone else a chance!

2. PET APPLICATIONS: I may not be talented, or I may just be lazy or don't have the time to bother with silly applications, but that doesn't mean I won't be a good owner! I prefer the ones you just have to state why do you want the pet and what you'll do with it.

3. PEOPLE WHO DON'T PUT A PRICE/WISHLIST ON THEIR TRADING POST LOT (neither they respond on your neomails.. like ever)

4. KEY QUEST QUITTERS

5. MEAN PEOPLE ON NEOBOARDS: Who act like they know everything..

When people don't put any items in their trading post wishlist.

This. Or when they write "what it's worth" or "I know what it's worth" - well I don't, so tell me what you want! Especially bad when no one who has that item up for trade has said what they want to trade for.

And the way TNT decides on the np ratio for flash games. Some months you have to get a ridiculously high score to get near the 1000 np. Maybe that indicates that I'm rubbish at those games, but still.

And pet colour changing events. That's just stupid. We often put a lot of effort into getting the pet colours we want, it doesn't seem fair that it can be changed at the blink of an eye without being able to prevent it. I'm fine with the one that turns the pet blue if it's very sad, that one you can prevent. But the others are just stupid.

When people bid on a lot that isn't being advertised by an online user, then withdraw when they don't get a response ASAP. Because nobody has school, work, or other hobbies. :tired:

Neoboards filters, where any word that has ever been misused in any fashion - including by little kids or obscure slang - is blocked. Sometimes I'm trying to give someone advice, and I just get sick of looking for words like "snatch" and give up.

When people bid on a lot that isn't being advertised by an online user, then withdraw when they don't get a response ASAP. Because nobody has school, work, or other hobbies. :tired:

They could be withdrawing because they needed the item for a timed quest and time has run out. But yeah, it's frustrating to see the notification that someone has placed a bid and then below there's a notification that the bid has been withdrawn.

They could be withdrawing because they needed the item for a timed quest and time has run out. But yeah, it's frustrating to see the notification that someone has placed a bid and then below there's a notification that the bid has been withdrawn.

True, but the annoyance is in seeing half a dozen a week or more, especially if some are on an HTS item that I've been trying to sell for ages. :D

Also, I can't say "black" on the NeoBoards either. I'd like to think it's so that nobody can talk about Rebecca Black, but I know better.

-Blank stare- I don't know for sure, but as crazy as some of their policies are, I'd be surprised if they'd blindly silence people without a person looking at the logs.

What did you say, anyway? I'm just really interested in seeing what they apparently thought was so offensive. If you don't mind sharing :)

Completing a faerie quest with the wrong active pet. I got a quest from the Battle Faerie and I forgot to make my Aisha my active pet before giving her the item she needed, now my Acara has all the increased stats instead, and she's not the battle pet!

-Blank stare- I don't know for sure, but as crazy as some of their policies are, I'd be surprised if they'd blindly silence people without a person looking at the logs.

What did you say, anyway? I'm just really interested in seeing what they apparently thought was so offensive. If you don't mind sharing :)

The vagueness of warnings and silences I've gotten and the left-field accusations in some cases made me doubt it was by a real person. Sometimes it sounds more like an automated process that doesn't really question what it's doing and whether or not it makes sense on a people level and not just a machine level.

silence.png

Another petpeeve I have is when one of the purple or red gems fall behind trees in the habitarium where its obscured and I have to click for ages just to get it.

If you press the tab button on your keyboard in Habi, it'll cycle through all links, including your gems! It's great for getting gems that are hiding, or are under your P3s, etc. :)

If you press the tab button on your keyboard in Habi, it'll cycle through all links, including your gems! It's great for getting gems that are hiding, or are under your P3s, etc. :)

Wow!!!!! Many thanks for this tip, scoptophobia, now clicking like before will be a thing of the past .

Wow!!!!! Many thanks for this tip, scoptophobia, now clicking like before will be a thing of the past .

No problem! I was overjoyed when I found out about that as well, haha. :D

Looking at the Avatar chat on the Neoboards made me realize my first pet peeve.

Why do so many people seem so afraid of using the words "loan" and "borrow"?

No, they need to say "looking to be lent <stuff>" or "will someone lend me <insert whatever here>"

Am I the only one that thinks it looks and sounds better if they say "Looking to borrow <something>" or "Will someone loan me <items>"?