TDN Got Hacked?!

Cornflakes

I'm also getting it...

the site was fine last time I checked it (over 2hrs ago).

I sent an email to Ian so we can know what's up.

This is rather concerning. =\ I'm sure we're not intentionally sending out malware or whatever Chrome is accusing us of, but I suppose it's best to be careful.

I've notified Ian and the site Admins so they can address this. I've seen something similar, where a member's avatar was taken from a site that sent out a warning, though there was no harm done.

Ian or TJ should hopefully be around soon to look into it, and let you all know what's going on.

Possibly if someone could post a screenshot of the error, that would be helpful.

I'm not too worried I just find this interesting. It could be one of the adds that are displayed on the main site. That was the problem with another site, one of their advertisements had malware or linked too it. If you have a good virus program that detects malware then don't worry until you have to.

I hope whatever the issue here gets fixed soon those error messages from chrome are annoying having to always click let me proceed anyways. :)

Apparently, Opera doesn't care. XD

This happened on another forum I visit a few weeks ago. In that case, it was because ads running on the site were from a server with content reported as potentially malicious. It got resolved there pretty quickly.

If any of you are worried but want to keep using TDN, just install NoScript and block scripts on the site until this is resolved. The site works (with minor awkwardnesses) with NoScript on (I'm posting this with it on).  I know that they wouldn't intentionally send out malware, but personally I feel that the risk of an SQL injection attack or something embedded in advertising code could be inadvertantly sending it out.

chromiumscreensnapz010.png

Oh good I'm not the only one getting this. I'm on chrome and it says the following (sorry no screenie)

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!

www.tdnforums.com contains malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.

Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.

We have already notified www.tdnforums.com that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on www.tdnforums.com, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

It's fine on IE though. I'd really like it if a site admin could address this some time.

It's not 'fine on IE', IE just doesn't find malicious scripts. My suggestion is to script-block the site for now because it looks like something is embedded which is causing trouble.

Nope, still not fixed. For me, it's gotten worse. Yesterday Chrome was ok going on here, and now every time I go to a new page it warns me multiple times that I might get a virus. I click "proceed anyway" and then it warns me again. I'm like "shut up, please...I need my fix."

And while it would be convenient to just turn all of the warnings off, I would rather wait until it is all resolved. :)

Nope, still not fixed. For me, it's gotten worse. Yesterday Chrome was ok going on here, and now every time I go to a new page it warns me multiple times that I might get a virus. I click "proceed anyway" and then it warns me again. I'm like "shut up, please...I need my fix."

And while it would be convenient to just turn all of the warnings off, I would rather wait until it is all resolved. :)

I have the same problem. i turned the warnings off in FF so it didnt pop up on every page, but I switched over to Chrome today (FF was all of a sudden refusing to load flash). Is there a similar disable option for Chrome? Even better would be a way to disable the notification for certain sites while keeping it on.

Until it is fully resolved I'll be keeping my noscript on. I will point out that the main TDN page no longer got the warning after a day or so but the forums still got it until recently.

So... is it fixed? And was there any danger of malware? I'm a little worried because after I got the warning, I went to TDN forums anyway, and right after that Chrome crashed >_<

But now everything seems to be working fine, which is awesome because I missed TDN :P

Yaaaayyyy. I was dying without my TDNF (I ish too paranoid to risk it if there's even a slight possiblity of malware (and I even have a Mac! lol)).

Hope it's back to stayyy.

Yaaaayyyy. I was dying without my TDNF (I ish too paranoid to risk it if there's even a slight possiblity of malware (and I even have a Mac! lol)).

Hope it's back to stayyy.

I'm going to say the same here Domino. I was being driven nuts without The Daily Neopets, and I'm also nervous about malware.\

So glad it's back. :yes: