The Ladies Room

Cornflakes

It's so frustrating. I understand kids throw tantrums BUT HANDLE THEM. Don't just let them get away with anything. One time when I was 3 I had a tantrum in Caldor's (I think that's what it's called... Gosh I miss that store) and my mother picked me up and said that if I wouldn't behave I'd never leave the house again. I never acted like that again.

Just to avoid confusion I am a girl. Why this website says I'm a guy, I really don't know.

I hate it so much when kids cry and cry and then they say

"Fine Alex you can have the power ranger"

After they have just thrown a massive fit! "Spare the rod, spoil the child"

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to avoid confusion I am a girl. Why this website says I'm a guy, I really don't know.

I hate it so much when kids cry and cry and then they say

"Fine Alex you can have the power ranger"

After they have just thrown a massive fit! "Spare the rod, spoil the child"

And then they wonder why their children grow up the way they do and continue that behavior. And that's strange it signed you up at a boy... hahaha

And then they wonder why their children grow up the way they do and continue that behavior. And that's strange it signed you up at a boy... hahaha

The show "My Super Sweet 16" is living proof of that. Those girls get like 4K spent on their birthdays and then they don't get the car or shoes they want and throw a hissy(haha, Hissi) over it! I'm lucky to be in family that appreciates every little thing we have.

The show "My Super Sweet 16" is living proof of that. Those girls get like 4K spent on their birthdays and then they don't get the car or shoes they want and throw a hissy(haha, Hissi) over it! I'm lucky to be in family that appreciates every little thing we have.

The whole thing is disgusted. I am so appalled by that show. I'm sorry but on my 16th birthday I got a friggen cake and I bought myself a digital camera with my first paycheck because you can't work legally before the age of 16 in NY at most stores. And had I gotten anything incredible I would have been GRATEFUL, which is a word most of those girls (and some boys) don't know.

HAHAHA! My Super Sweet 16 is an awesome show! Of course the premise is for them to look snobby but I find it funny. :laughingsmiley:

I went to a Mexican restaurant for my 16th birthday - and got a first generation iPod mini (remember those?! LOL). What did everyone else do?

ETA: Another show that I find hilarious is Party Momma's or something like that. So funny.

It's set when you register. :yes: You can change it under your profile settings.

We also have automagical heuristic detection systems that sometimes fix this by themselves. :shiftyeyes_anim:

*edges nervously back out of the room*

HAHAHA! My Super Sweet 16 is an awesome show! Of course the premise is for them to look snobby but I find it funny. :laughingsmiley:

I went to a Mexican restaurant for my 16th birthday - and got a first generation iPod mini (remember those?! LOL). What did everyone else do?

ETA: Another show that I find hilarious is Party Momma's or something like that. So funny.

On my 16th birthday I got a cake and some new tee-shirts. I'd rather I get 2-3 big gifts than get like 18 small gifts.

HAHAHAHA!!! A little monkey running around TDN changing genders... quite the interesting idea.... even if that's not what you had stated that's what I imagined LOL.

WHAT. IS. PARTY. MOMMA'S?! Seriously, what has our society become?!

On my 16th birthday I had school so my teachers gave me candy HAHAHA not kidding, they loved me, and then after a few friends and I went to Friendly's at the mall, which we walked to because none of us had cars yet, and then we went to Sephora and FYE and they all chipped in and bought me Saved By The Bell on DVD. It was lovely HAHAHA.

And then I saved up for EVER to throw myself a sweet 16 birthday party. I paid for it all by myself and invited 60 people. They still call it the best party theyever went to. I didn't get a fancy car, or give out cameras in goody bags. They had fun just being with each other and blasting backstreet boys. I have a 15 minute video of some of them going up and making speeches about why they loved me or whatever. It was, and still is, the sweetest thing that anyone has ever done for me.

SUCK ON THAT SUPER SWEET 16.

*edges nervously back out of the room*

Dont be afraid... :evil:

Anyways, about the sweet 16s, I havent had mine yet (obviously!). But my mom is gonna get me a car because we had a deal: If I bought my laptop, she would buy me my car. :D Win!

Fashion used to be a big priorty for me. I don't know why but I was just like:"Meh, what's the point?" I used to do the full thing with makeup: Eyeshadow, mascara, blush, eyeliner blah blah blah. Now I just don't really care what people think.

I agree. One day I just woke up and was like, "You know what? Screw them all". Besides, class is much less miserable when you're in pajamas/sweats than all "dolled up". Especially at 8 am lecture, Shoot me please? ;)

But wow congrats on getting a car! Do you know what kind you want yet? I just got my first car that I paid for in cash. A 99 red for mustang GT. It's been my dream car since I was 7 years old. I went to a car show and fell in love. I have 3 toy models of it back at home. I always said one day I would own it and everyone laughed at me. It feels good to get what I want :graduated:

When do you turn 16?

But wow congrats on getting a car! Do you know what kind you want yet? I just got my first car that I paid for in cash. A 99 red for mustang GT. It's been my dream car since I was 7 years old. I went to a car show and fell in love. I have 3 toy models of it back at home. I always said one day I would own it and everyone laughed at me. It feels good to get what I want :graduated:

When do you turn 16?

Thanks! I have no idea. I am going to wait til closer to my b-day to decide.

Woah! Lovely car! :wub_anim:

I turn 16 in a little less than 2 years. :D

We bought a shiny new BMW a couple of months ago. I bet you 10 cents it'll smoke any old Mustang. LOL :)

I'm kinda into cars. I especially love luxury cars. We have two Lexuses and a BMW. Not that I'm bragging or anything. I just really really like luxury cars.

My first car was a 1972 Chevelle Malibu. My mechanic father would never fix it for me so it just got all trashed and I had to sell it. :( I'm sure someone chopped it and fixed up other Malibus with it. Makes me sad.

Anyhow,

I really hope your mom gets you a nice first car. It must suck to have to wait two whole years to drive. Driving is indeed like the best thing ever. :D Not that I'm trying to rub it in or anything. haha

WHAT. IS. PARTY. MOMMA'S?! Seriously, what has our society become?!

I googled - it's a Canadian show haha

But the premise is the mothers throw elaborate parties for their children - and a good percentage of the time they get things the children hate LOL

So funny.

HAHAHAHA THAT SOUNDS LIKE A HILARIOUS SHOW!!

Yeah I love cars, I've always been into them. Old school Malibu's are lovely, I would hate to have had to get rid of it. My mustang is an 8 cylinder, and it's actually a lot faster than I thought it would be. I'm 19 but I just recently got my license because I'm terrified of cars/driving for a few reasons, so I still don't feel comfortable in the Mustang. I love driving it, but sometimes I get a little overwhelmed with what it can do if that makes sense.

Ps. Canadian shows are usually better. Like Degrassi. Then again, non-American tv shows always rock. Like Skins. I'M SO ANGRY MTV IS MAKING A US VERSION WITH THE EXACT SAME STORY.

Does anyone else remember 'You Can't Do That on Television'?

I absolutely remember that show! Not very long ago, some friends and I spent a bunch of time looking it up on Youtube. There were some pretty ridiculous skits on that show. I almost forgot how good TV used to be.

I do remember that!! Actually, America had really awesome shows in the 90s. But yes, that was a good show. They don't make good tv anymore *sigh*

Yay!! I never have anyone to reminisce about it with. I can't find a whole lot of vids on the net. :(

I was in love with Alastair. I'm totally naming my second child Alastair.

But my favorites were Doug and Vanessa.

I couldn't stand Lisa Ruddy. She has the perfect surname to match her personality. baha

When someone says "I don't know" or "water" on the forum, I'm going to run up and slime them or pour water on their head. This is going to be supersweet.

The last good show I know of was Whose Line Is It Anyway. -nodnod-

LOOOOOVE that show. Greg Proops has the weirdest name but I am completely enamored with him.

Though I have to add that Wayne Brady was the bestest contestant ever on both versions, imo.

Colin is absolutely brilliant. I wonder whatever happened to him?

and Ryan Stiles, too. It's like they vanished, which is sad because we need good comedians. Someone please find them and use them to replace Russell Brand. lol

Colin and Brad go on tour with each other. Colin and Ryan are my favorites as a pair. Wayne and Ryan are my favorites separately. Whose Line is STILL one of my favorite shows. I watch it every night at Midnight. Thank God for ABC Family. I don't know what I'd do without it. It has Boy Meets World and Sabrina AND AHHHH. SO GREAT.

I miss old Nickelodean and Disney. I just moved to Orlando and all I wanted to do was go to Nickelodean studios and see the giant slime tower but NOOO THEY HAD TO FRIGGEN CLOSE IT :crying: I'm fine... really... :sad02: I've never been to Disney or anything. Everything I love ends :(

Okay, done whining I promise.