Dragon Cave Discussion Thread

Ruto

OK, so the black and red Sweetlings are more than likely not to breed more of their particular kind, and we should expect only pink Sweetlings when they breed during Valentine's '11. Maybe I made a mistake in calling them "alts" since they don't result from breeding like the alt Blacks and Vines do. That's good to know. Sorry to confuse you. ^^;

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alt Sweetlings. Major source of drama in the IRC Chat for DC. >_< So glad I don't have to rely on them for my information anymore, as I can now return to the forums! :D

Jikuu, I have a Silver for you. Female. Yes?

As the Wiki said, the black and red ones are ment to embody the Single's Awareness Day aspect of Valentines, likely to account for the fact that those who were affected felt horrible about losing them for no reason. As such, they have a skull, a symbol of evil or otherwise discomfort, rather than the obvious symbol of love.

...note to self. Don't explain things after watching Star Trek.

Hmm. I like the Silver, but in the end, it's not very imaginative. I think I like the Guardian's appearance the best. Looks clean, and I like the shield.

EDIT: Removed offer, as others have either taken some eggs or have been released so they don't die on my scroll.

Rather than the site obsessing over having the ratios be exactly right (which leads to a very long time of soild new dragon drops, like last time), it will give new dragons priority (regardless of rarity) when bred. THat way, isntead of hoping to get lucky when breeding and increase the population, it's almost garunteed any new dragons bred will produce more new dragons, speeding the balance and having things be normal sooner.

• 2 weeks later...

Late reply. D:

& I see. O:

No one has been posting here for a while. :c

By the way, can Sweetlings breed year-round?

I've received a few offers for a Sweetling.

From what they say, Sweetlings can breed

anytime and produce Sweetling offspring. D:

I'm not sure.

That's what I thought. ;-;

I think I'm getting a 2nd gen

stripe with a tan snow angel mother

from the one of the spriters

of the snow angel. c:

;excited

Question; What happens when you freeze an

ungendered hatchie? Does it gender later on?

If the hatchling has over 300 unique views, it will gender later on. People have stated that even hatchlings under 300 will gender at some point, it's not at any noticeable speed. They'll stay ungendered for a good long time if not forever.

And apparently the new changes have gone into play. The eggs are shiny, the stripes and geodes have sexual dimorphism, can't figure out the new BSA from my current stock of dragons, and there are egg drops but darned if I can't see them. Oh yeah, and the DC forum has gone down. =P

EDIT: OK, after watching the top of the hour, I think there are no egg drops period. Must be transitioning at this point.

I skimmed my scroll, and here's what I think is a complete (barring any changes to Zombie, Neglected, or Holly) list of changed dragons.

All Water sprites have changed

There is a new female Storm sprite

New females for all Seasons dragons (Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring)

New females for the normal blacks (and new hatchies as well, though I don't know if that's just for the females or for both) All normal black hatchies have new sprites, as do female black alts.

New female Geodes

New male Daydreams (xD Odd one out)

The male Neotropical change as well (no more freaky back-lump-arm)

New female Stripes

And a new Valentines 09 sprite

And like Jikuu said, the eggs were redone with new shading. And the DC forums are down.

Oh, and i think the Ochredraks got a redo.

EDIT: The new BSA is Summon. You can only use it if you have at least one of each Fire, ice, and Thunder dragons (aka the Legendary Dragons), and it can only be used once every two weeks. It tries to summon up to two legendary eggs.