Dragon Cave Discussion Thread

Ruto

The AP always shows eggs as uncracked and hatchlings without wings. Once you pick them up, though, you notice how they really are. I'm not sure why it does that.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm pretty sure the AP has a deafult iamge for each egg and hatchling. You'll notice that the same kind of egg all load at the same time. THis reduces loading time and keeps individual eggs from sitting there and getting sick from the hundreds of people refreshing. But since it's a deafult image, wings and cracks aren't accounted for. Otherwise you'd end up with 6 times the images.

Ohh, that makes sense. ^^

I grabbed my 2nd Valentine. :laughingsmiley:

Got it from the first egg slot in the AP again.

I'll still watch the AP in hopes of getting

another Valentine that I can give to someone. c:

EDIT: Nevermind. I guess I can't pick up anymore

Valentines from the AP. o__O

I clicked one and got a screen that said

"You are already at the limit for

this breed of dragon." Or something like that. ;-;

Yeah, two per person. Any tohers picked up after that are auto-abandoned. The only exception is bred dragons. There's two reasons they're not- for one, it's disrupt the breeding system code, and that could only turn into a mess, espically if the clutch has holidays and common dragons. And two, Hollies. Hollies are so rare that even TJ09 thinks it best that the owners of their offspring are handpicked to ensure the species grows. And if they autoabandoned, that couldn't happen. So all holidays get a little boost from that- the breeders have an hour to get them to a new, chosen owner (one who will hopefully take care of them and be around next year to breed them).

It's what DC users say causes the massive lag you get during big drops like this. Made a while back when the site was really, really slow for no reason, to the point where people were putting all but the necassary on hold because it was so infurating to load a single page. They actually made sprites for it, but it was never added to the site. xD

Sure, Soap, you can have the blue Dino. It looks like you're open right now. PM me with your preferred IM names on which services and we'll try to get together.

I know it's technically double posting, but it's been three days. Is that OK? <.< >.>

Any idea if the new alt Sweetlings will breed new alt Sweetlings next year, or if all Valentine's '10 eggs will be the normal Sweetlings and thus the alts are super extra rare?

I'm ignoring that only because I'm confused- What are you gonig on about? Alt sweetlings?

From the DC wiki's Sweetling page:

"Sweetlings are the male-only breed of dragons given out on Valentine's Day 2010. Each scroll is limited to 2 Sweetlings; any other Sweetling eggs that are obtained are automatically abandoned after 15 minutes. There was a glitch in the early hours of the 14th that caused the eggs to auto-abandon - as an apology, scrolls affected were given alternate-coloured Sweetlings, with the color scheme of black and red instead of pink. These Sweetlings were designed to represent 'Singles Awareness Day', or 'SAD'. Both artists also recieved special alternative colourings of their dragons."

I assume this is what you mean? If that's the case, they probably won't be avalible again, but I suppose it is possible.