Reasons why the Bracket System is absolute trash

Not to be rude, but the bracket system is absolute trash. If you disagree with me I want to see your side, comment below. ^^/

Here are the reasons why the bracket system is trash:

-Once the brackets change and the teams are placed in 1st,2nd or 3rd, these solemnly change. If they do, its a slight change from 5th to 6th, and they are BARELY and i mean barely updated. During AC VII i believe, one of the brackets did not change at all from day one.

-The bracket system does not take into account the side games, or sometimes even Yooyuball. There are times when team #1 has 0 wins in SOSD while 5th has 5 wins, yet it is still in 5th. Also the first year TNT introduced the bracket system, there were teams lower in the brackets, but with more wins than the first place team.

-It does not let lower level tier teams to advance in anyway, resulting in a vicious cycle of getting low points. Take Faerieland for an example. FE has a large fan base, but little actually supporters so they end up at the bottom, only earning one point. Then they go into a new bracket, only receiving one point. And with no tournament such as DRR to help them actually move up, they automatically fall into last place.

-It forces some teams to verse each other two to three times, even four times, and sometimes not face another team at all. *GLARES AT AC VII*

-It does not reflect any actual sport. If the Altador Cup was modeled as Neopets's World Cup, then it would make a lot more sense to use DRR instead of the bracket system.

-It seems as it was just a last minute decision done by TNT, as if the weeks before the AC they created it, resulting in a disastrous AC VII.

I am an avid fan of the Altador Cup, since AC III, but the bracket system is ruining it for me, and i wish TNT would actually listen to its fan base and switch back over to DRR, to let small fan base teams (ie Brightvale and Kiko Lake), large teams with a small support (ie Faerieland) and large teams (ie Darigan Citadel and Haunted Woods) an even chance to win, and not letting the giant teams to just parade on the top 5 while the small support teams succumb to the bottom 15.

Can we wait until it starts again before being negative about brackets? I mean, seriously... it's possible they made some adjustments.

Yeah, I am just saying what is wrong with it before the AC this year, I am waiting to see if they changed anything, and then i will change the list.

I am just saying what was wrong with it from previous experiences and AC.

Not to be rude, but the bracket system is absolute trash. If you disagree with me I want to see your side, comment below. ^^/

Here are the reasons why the bracket system is trash:

-Once the brackets change and the teams are placed in 1st,2nd or 3rd, these solemnly change. If they do, its a slight change from 5th to 6th, and they are BARELY and i mean barely updated. During AC VII i believe, one of the brackets did not change at all from day one.

-The bracket system does not take into account the side games, or sometimes even Yooyuball. There are times when team #1 has 0 wins in SOSD while 5th has 5 wins, yet it is still in 5th. Also the first year TNT introduced the bracket system, there were teams lower in the brackets, but with more wins than the first place team.

-It does not let lower level tier teams to advance in anyway, resulting in a vicious cycle of getting low points. Take Faerieland for an example. FE has a large fan base, but little actually supporters so they end up at the bottom, only earning one point. Then they go into a new bracket, only receiving one point. And with no tournament such as DRR to help them actually move up, they automatically fall into last place.

-It forces some teams to verse each other two to three times, even four times, and sometimes not face another team at all. *GLARES AT AC VII*

-It does not reflect any actual sport. If the Altador Cup was modeled as Neopets's World Cup, then it would make a lot more sense to use DRR instead of the bracket system.

-It seems as it was just a last minute decision done by TNT, as if the weeks before the AC they created it, resulting in a disastrous AC VII.

I am an avid fan of the Altador Cup, since AC III, but the bracket system is ruining it for me, and i wish TNT would actually listen to its fan base and switch back over to DRR, to let small fan base teams (ie Brightvale and Kiko Lake), large teams with a small support (ie Faerieland) and large teams (ie Darigan Citadel and Haunted Woods) an even chance to win, and not letting the giant teams to just parade on the top 5 while the small support teams succumb to the bottom 15.

Terror Mountain ran into a couple of these problems in the first couple years of the bracket system....in AC7, we face some teams multiple times and then finished the term without ever facing at least THREE teams even once! Then in AC8, we wake up and have our best run ever but because of how infrequently the bracket standings shift (and how it often seems like the bigger teams just automatically sit in first the whole time), we don't get our due recognition til the end of the tournament (when even our opponents were saying what a travesty it was that we weren't ranked higher) and we end up finishing tied for 7th with KD despite having the fourth best overall record in the league. We didn't even get a chance at a tiebreaker even though the rules say all ties will be broken by extra play days at the end.

As for your thing about Faerieland, i feel like that's not TNT's fault. Of course FL is gonna have a rough go if only a small percentage of their large fanbase actually plays their hearts out. Inactive players DO sandbag teams and are a big factor in "The Winner's Curse": people see which team won the previous year and then flood that team thinking they'll get an easy win/trophy without actually, you know, PLAYING THE GAMES. It can't be helped if the larger teams also have a larger active base. :/

I don't understand the bracket system !!!

We swept two days in a row *Shenkuu* and we're still 4th in our bracket while Darigan lost more than us and they're in 2nd !!!

and what are these numbers they post ?? 11-4 ... 5-3 ... 6-4 !?????

We swept two days in a row *Shenkuu* and we're still 4th in our bracket while Darigan lost more than us and they're in 2nd !!!

The only thing I can think of is that even though they lost the matchup they still had a greater volume of wins than other teams? Which would make sense if they are being backed by a specialty group...it's confusing to me as well. Meridell has won everything aside from one tie and one loss to DC and we are still behind them.

The whole system is kind of baffling...

and what are these numbers they post ?? 11-4 ... 5-3 ... 6-4 !?????

The numbers they post are the margin by which a team won/lost. It is presumably in some scale such as 1:10,000,000 points or something like that

Shenkuu swept two days in a row but with unimpressive margins, DC has been swept by VP twice but they had consistent 5's. As such, DC is higher than Shenkuu. I could confirm that the bracket standings are mostly correct by adding up the margins.

But just adding the scores doesn't make sense for some of the rankings, either. I find it really confusing. I think TNT might deliberately be trying to hide their calculations in an attempt to discourage cheating and prevent people from trying to game the system, but this lack of transparency is just frustrating. And it's not like they're actually thwarting cheaters.

I agree with everything that has been said.

The brackets are completely useless and don't give in to the former spirit of the Cup.

Back before the Brackets, I loved being able to wake up and try and "calculate" what position my team is in, knowing that I will face every team twice (just in case my team did bad the first time :P)

Now, I don't even know how to understand the brackets. It seems more "computer-generated" and I feel like TNT is just tired of trying to keep up with all the stats.

the brackets also make it much harder for smaller teams to compete as you can be stuck in last in all your brackets even if you have more wins than another team. thus, your finish is lower than it would be if just overall record counted.