Aethia's Ability Academy Opens!

hrtbrk

Aethia has opened shop and you can now teach your Neopets new abilities to use in the Battledome! There are some new things to note:

premium_faerieabilities_2013.jpg

Open new bottles to receive blessings and then use those blessings to train the abilities available to your Neopet based on their level. You can train one ability per tier! Any ability you train can be used during a fight using the new slot next to your weapons.

You may start finding stronger bottles that give out more blessings!

Old abilities are no more! If you had any of them, please be sure to visit the Battledome, where you will be compensated for your loss. Veteran Battledomers will also receive a trophy to commemorate the old Battledome.

bd_veteran.gif

Check me off your list!

This is very exciting! They definitely want to push people to train more- before you only needed to get your pet to level 30ish to get the highest ability- now it goes to level 500!

rofl - I love some of the new abilities:

Meh

Your lethargy seems contagious and your opponent's enthusiasm drains.

Whatever.

Esophagor Stench

The earthy stench of the Esophagor, which can distract your opponents quite easily, is at your disposal. Disposal being the key word here.

There are no nose plugs in Neopia strong enough.

Positive Thinking

The power of positive thinking grants you a bonus to healing.

I WILL become a real faerie! I WILL!

I do believe in faeries! I do! I do! :D

I've been trying to get there for more than five minutes, at least to get my avatar and trophy and award. -.- This is beyond slow. It's not loading, period.

I've been trying to get there for more than five minutes, at least to get my avatar and trophy and award. -.- This is beyond slow. It's not loading, period.

Probably because there are of coarse going to be a few bugs, and EVERYONE is trying to get at it XD The entire site is slow right now for me, I love new stuff ^.^

Hmm...guess I must have gotten it, because I magically have 52,000 more np. Page still never loaded, though...

I'll check out the abilities sometime when most people are off, I guess, because it won't load at all right now. It's been more than fifteen minutes, so I'm giving up.

Even though the site didn't load I know I got the NP's. I can't get anywhere on Neo right now, not even my own page! This is all very exciting though!

Didn't load for me either, but I got about 34,000 nps I think. Awesome. :-) Does anyone else worry about this whole beta phase in combination with a battle plot? It doesn't even now that we're checking for trophies, let alone when everyone is trying to cap enemies and achievements (thinking about TFR here). I'm sure TNT knows what they're doing... right? right?

:( All that work wasted....I am not happy my pet lost all her old abilities. I never even got a chance to get all of them!

And, the site, at least the Dome, will not load but I seem to have got 20k regardless. More funding for codestones..and now new abilities.

I wonder how long it will take the Battlepedia to be updated on all of the new Faerie Abilities. With the site being so laggy they will probably have problems getting the data they need quickly.

Thank you for being comprehensive.

We put our best myncis on that task, we even gave them swords... but it doesn't make the site loading faster. And you know, those battlers and their tempers, they just rage quitted and went to bed hoping the lag would go away and that the site will run smoother when the hype has died. (Not exactly what happened, but not exactly false either.)

All the sites are saying the maximum you can get is 62k which makes sense and is what it said on the front page for me when it loaded but then I loaded another page and had 248k extra! Has anyone else had this or was it a bug or what?!

My sister had a similar thing happen. It seems like a bug so she sent in a ticket. Might be a good idea not to spend it, just in case ;)

after refreshing the main battledome homepage, i get a new trophy and a lovely avatar! i love both of these. but i cant cope with the extreme lag to open the abilities page, will go later when lag has reduced. it's so expensive to get abilities now.

Something has happened! bdtrophy_1.gif Ah, a Battledome Veteran! For your valour in battles of old, a trophy is granted. For your knowledge of faerie magic abilities, these Neopoints are yours. Well done, warrior.

21,000 NP

Something Has Happened! bd_veteran.gif You are now eligible to use 'Battledome Veteran' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!