• 23-25
    • 26+ (Please post)
  2. 2. Do you act your age?

• Yes
    • No, I'm more mature than that!
    • No, I'm more childish than that!
    • Maybe
    • Huh?

im 21.. and surprised how many people my age are on here. i definitely act a mixture of older and younger for my age... at school, most of my friends are older so i think i act older then. but we still goof around and act young... i guess i fit how i act to my situations...

so i guess i average out to acting my age...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 17. I've been seventeen more than 30 years now :- )

Maturity is WAY too rigid for me... ;-)

Everyone here should see the movie Magic Bubbles. That's what we need on birthdays.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm 20 (out of adolescence as of last month!) and I tend to act older than my age. I also look older, so people are always surprised to learn how young I am.

Woohoo, I just turned 20 also!! It's a good and strange feeling to be out of our teens, yet not 21 yet, eh? I'm pretty mature for my age but I'm such a kid at times, too.

But it seems to be the opposite with me - the waitress at the restaurant, upon hearing that I just turned twenty, said that she thought I was fourteen :crying: But I don't look it, I swear!

Woohoo, I just turned 20 also!! It's a good and strange feeling to be out of our teens, yet not 21 yet, eh? I'm pretty mature for my age but I'm such a kid at times, too.

But it seems to be the opposite with me - the waitress at the restaurant, upon hearing that I just turned twenty, said that she thought I was fourteen :crying: But I don't look it, I swear!

I'm American, but I don't live in the States, so 21 will be just another birthday for me. I'm pretty mature, too, but some of that is circumstantial... since I live alone, if I'm not the one who pays the rent and buys the groceries, then no one's else to do it. That said, I'm not so mature as to bother vacuuming XD

That's awful! People have been upping my age by about five years since I was sixteen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm 23, soon to be 24, and I think it depends on what I'm doing or who I'm around depends on what age I'm going to act.

I'm 23, soon to be 24, and I think it depends on what I'm doing or who I'm around depends on what age I'm going to act.

I agree with you sometimes I might act a little immature if I am planning with my younger brothers and sisters, but for the most part I act my age or older(I have a infant)

I am 12, 13 in September and when I was 11 someone asked me if I was 19! And I was like "Um.... No, I'm 11." And then later on ANOTHER person asked me if I was 16. So I am mature for my age!

I'm 16, but I think I act pretty mature for my age...well, actually, my maturity level depends on who I'm with. xD

I'm 19, 20 in March. I pretty much act my age, perhaps more mature. I don't know what I want to do with my life though which frustrates me something chronic and makes me feel like a little kid! But tons of people my age are unsure so it's not just me I guess...

I've never been immature, even though I'm autistic. Okay, I was immature when I was 2 and acting my age (made the computer screen go completely grey, so my dad couldn't even find the start button. That was when they realised I was autistic), but after that... well, I've been more mature than my age ever since I was 7 or 8. When I was 10, I started Neopets, and a year later I joined another site that's for teenagers. Okay, about 7 months later. That same year, I met someone at my school around June who went on Neopets as well, the same age as me. We've been aiming for ICT on our Golden Time (our treat on Fridays, and I was hoping to get my team the first to pick) every single week, so we could both get ICT and play on Neopets together. Neither of us had Parental Consent then, so we couldn't chat to each other outside school. After we left school, she stopped playing Neopets for almost a year. The reason I say this is because she hasn't been seen for 325 days. Then I left Neopets for about 6 months, and came back fairly recently. Now I'm 12, and I've been told I acted older than my age more than ever: By my mother, and by my friends outside TDN, and even some people in TDN! The first two (possibly 3) were Xepha (possibly, but I accidentally deleted the message. Big whoops!), judykm and ho_yt. I turn 13 on the 12th April! Yippee! But I think I act more like a 14 or 15 year old... that's how I feel, though.

I turned 31 last month... and no way do I act my age! For crying out loud, I'm a member of The Daily Neopets !!! Somehow, I don't think that is quite in keeping with my age, LoL!

I just recently turned 16, and I have been told many times that I act older than my age. I was at a music camp, and in our group was a senior, a bunch of sophomores, and two freshman. The senior asked a guy we'd just met who he thought was oldest in the group. He pointed at me and said, "Her, definitely." Ha, so I guess I act older than my age. Unless I'm having one of those days when I'm acting like a toddler, but then I suppose that's to be expected with a 16 year old girl. *shrug*

~ Livvy

It's always been kind of weird for me, because I look younger than I am. I STILL get carded when I try to do some things that require one to be a certain age. Maybe the oddest part is that I seem to swing between feeling like I'm 90 years old and 9!

I'm 19 years old and I've been told I act older than I am. When I'm chatting with someone new, and they ask my age and I tell them they are usually pretty surprised. Now looking my age is a different story. :woot:

I have to agree. It can depend on what you're doing, who you're hanging out with and the individual situation. I have older friends who "I" have to care for b/c they enjoy doing stupid things. I also know kids who I feel are WAY too mature for their age so it really matters on the individual and the situation. I like to think I'm mature for my age with room for improvement.