The Anime/Manga Thread

fun_time_mathias

Who knows if this has been done before, but I hereby proclaim this new thread I created to be based on the discussion of all things manga and anime related for fans and haters alike to duke it out over the net with their words and insights. Anyone can post, so let's have at it.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a X1999 fan...

I don't watch anime anymore... don't have a burner on this computer and my hardrive is full. Plus, I don't have much bandwith and it would cost me a fortune to watch/download animes.

But yep... Clamp rocks!

Clamp, the makers of great manga with just the right hint of perversion. I'm a big Angelic Layer fan personally, never finished Chobits sadly and there's so much more from them I need to complete as well. Yay for FMA, but they really ruined the anime after the halfway mark which was a shame since it was a good show in the first half. I'm a big fan of Getbackers, DN Angel, Kare Kano, Bleach and Marmalade Boy. Plus I always enjoy Gravitation even though it's been way too long since I last saw or read any of it.

Animes that I watched :

X1999 (completly)

Card Captor Sakura (most of it)

Chobits (half of it... but I have the rest of the serie on CDs... should watch it someday)

Ayashi No Ceres (most of it, same comment as for Chobits)

Manga I read :

Some Chobits, some CCS, some X1999, 2 clovers, Suki Dakara Suki #1, plus some scanlations I don't really remember about them.

But... we can rent manga at my library... so I could read more if I was taking the time to reserve books!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (TJ).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from "Random Chit Chat" to "Medias and Entertainment".

I love anime and manga. <3

Card Captor Sakura was really good, I watched and rewatched the anime a couple of times, and I read and reread the manga several times. :)

I started to read Chobits, but never finished it.

I've read all the manga of DN Angel that is out so far too. :]

Awesome Nana sig, my girlfriend is in love with that series and gets every manga almost as soon as it comes out. Haven't had a chance to start on it yet. You seen the anime for DN Angel? Not quite as good, but still a well done anime if you listen to it in japanese with subtitles.

I just feel like posting about mangas right now, lol.

I FINALLY started reading Chobits, and I love it!

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles is FAAAAABBBB, lol.

I've also read all of the Sailor Moon mangas, which, again, are great. (sooo much better than the anime for those of you familiar with the English version)

I am planning on borrowing some of my friend's collection as well.

[so expensive... sheesh]

Oh, I almost forgot Model (which I believe is a Manwha -Korean manga?)... that one is strange, but has interesting artwork, and vampires so it all worked out, lol.

Lucky you, I haven't gotten to read Tsubasa yet. It looks really good though but I've been to engrossed with Bleach.

Lucky you, I haven't gotten to read Tsubasa yet. It looks really good though but I've been to engrossed with Bleach.

You're going to love it when you get the chance to! I want to read Bleach... I would start those next but I told myself that I would finish Chobits then move to either CardCaptor Sakura or Clover (sticking with CLAMP for a little while)

I suggest Cardcaptors, very good series and second only to Chobits even though I haven't finished Chobits in terms of CLAMPs stuff. Bleach is a bit hard to read at times because it almost seems that Kubo leaves too much of the battle to be imagined by you at times, but very solid to me. I'm up to volume 13 right now and am waiting on some more money to secure 13-19 if I can.

Whhee! A new topic for anime/manga! lol.

Well, I'm a huge fan and I've read/watched a lot of manga/anime.

I've read all of Fushugi Yugi but I haven't watched it all, only the 1st and 2nd season.

Chobits is soooo cute, love it! ^.^ I'm currently rewatching Cardcaptor Sakura, lol. I love watching the anime for Bleach, but I don't read the manga much. The anime seems much more detailed, somewhat. I finished watching Tsubasa Chronicles which was absolutely awesome. In the middle of reading the manga, so good! ^.^

So other manga I read include: Fruits Basket, Saiyuki, Full Moon [finished], The Gentleman's Alliance, Ranma 1/2 and I can't remember anymore...o.o

I've watched: Naruto/Naruto Shippuden, Kamichama Karin [oh and read that too!]. Gakuen Alice, and Air.

Awesome Nana sig, my girlfriend is in love with that series and gets every manga almost as soon as it comes out. Haven't had a chance to start on it yet. You seen the anime for DN Angel? Not quite as good, but still a well done anime if you listen to it in japanese with subtitles

Thanks yous. :]

NANA is a REALLY good series.

I dont watch the anime for DN Angel.

I've also watched the first and second seasons of Fushigi Yugi, and finished the manga.Yuu Watase is a good mangaka.

I LOVE the manga for Tsubasa.The anime isnt as good, I think.

I read and watch everything Mini does, plus some more. XD

Naruto isn't half bad as an anime, but the manga is still better to me. I've never been able to steal my friends copies of Fruits Basket, but I will do that someday. I love Rahxephon and Evangelion, yay for mind trips! My girlfriend says she's finally gonna start lending the NANA volumes to me, and I may even get to read Excel Saga too.

You probably watch the japanese version don't you? I'm stuck with the English, Naruto just gets too annoying for me which is a shame because they did Gaara and Sasuke so well. And Orochimaru is just creepy with his voice actor in the english.

The main english anime I've seen that is good so far is Bleach, they got good voice actors for it which scares me. That and Rahxephon, but I didn't like the manga as much as the anime there which is rare.

Uh huh, I like the Japanese version better :D

Though the english can be okay...sometimes...^.^;;

Oy! Japanese with subtitles over dubs anyday!

also, concerning voice actors- I love how the same english voice actors are in practically every anime (at least the more popular ones anyways).

I used to be a huge Digimon-geek and pretty much EVERY voice actor on that anime has been in other animes.

I love recognizing them! <3

(I also love that the person who plays Hikari on Digimon is named Lara, like myself)

No other Sailor Moon fans?! I'm surprised no one has mentioned Inu-Yasha either.

Both of those are sort of my guilty pleasures when it comes to Animes, hehe.

^_^

I want to get the good, older anime series...like Cowboy Bebop, Neo Genisi Evangelion, Trigun, Tenchi, The Vision of Escaflowne, and Gundam Wing.

I wish I had more money. o_O

I've seen Sailor Moon and Inu and basically every classic anime you listed, and then some. Try the original Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam Seed, Gundam Zeta and every season and incarnation of Tenchi. I also highly recommend Outlaw Star to you, it's like Bebop but better IMO.

I've seen Sailor Moon and Inu and basically every classic anime you listed, and then some. Try the original Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam Seed, Gundam Zeta and every season and incarnation of Tenchi. I also highly recommend Outlaw Star to you, it's like Bebop but better IMO.

Ah, Mobile Suit Gundam and Gundam Seed... I've seen both of those, a long time ago though. I've heard of Outlaw Star, I'm sure I've seen pictuers before. Thanks! I'll be sure to check it out. I wish that they had regular cable TV channels with only anime... that would make my day... week even, possibly month. lol.

(Cartoon Network/Adult Swim is my only fix during the week... so sad)

Same here, I don't bother with Comcas On-demand, it's become so unreliable. I also highly recommend Cromartie High for comedy and Mythical Detective Loki for drama.

Oh! For the Bleach in dub, I really don't like that one >> I guess it's because I've watched all the episodes that came out in subs, lol. Inuyasha was really what I thought my first anime! I mean, I watched Sailor Moon and CCS in my younger years, but I didn't know they were anime. Then I saw Inuyasha and then I got into the whole animie/manga loving vibe. :D Ahaha, trigun in funny! I collect some manga of Tenchi! ^.^