The Anime/Manga Thread

fun_time_mathias

Stand Alone Complex was what you saw, it's a good series but the movies are much better IMO. It's also one of those love it or hate it experiences, it's confusing but packed full of drama and great action sequences with just enough humor.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, nice, if I had something better than dial-up I'd follow suit and get to work on watching the Naruto Shippuden episodes they have out instead of desperatley finding any info I can from the most recent manga.

Yeah I'm just hoping I have enough downloaded anime to last me for the few weeks I don't have internet to watch it. But that means I'll have to wait to get any new episodes of any show :crying: that and a break from web-comics :crying: I must and will survive x_x

Yes I wants to sees its.....drool...

anyway this actually looks like a Naruto movie I might be interested in

Yeah, usually the Naruto flicks aren't good, but oh man this one is amazing looking. Also, lack of web-comics and anime would make me go nuts, I can't live without Questionable Content, ctrl+alt+del and Real Life. I wish they would hurry up and start releasing Shippuden manga here in the states, I need it like I need my Bleach manga. Curse my addictions of beautiful art and story.

Haha, I watched all three of the Naruto movies, and I enjoyed them all!

I watch the anime more than read the manga, lol. Though I do like reading the latest chapters of manga! X3

I have never watch Naruto before and still wondering what is there so nice and everyone is going into it. I do love Hayao Miyazaki and watch alot of his works. For the anime i have just finish the Chrono Crusade which i think its is very well done.

Dangit, everyone has finished Chrno Crusade except me. I only got into episode 6 before I couldn't find any more of it.

I always hate when that happens, seems like everyone is up to date on an anime except you. The comes the dirty task of deciding if you want to dodge people so they don't divulge the juicy details of what happens before you get to see it.

Nah, nobody spoils things for me, they just offer to lend me the volumes I'm missing if they have them. Yay for good friends who are just as nerdy as you are, they're the best kind.

Not me, I remember details way too much, kinda like how I memorized Kisame's dialect and handsigns for his Chakra attacks when he first appeared on the anime here in the states. Kisame is the best Naruto character to me besides Jiraiya. I wonder how my mind always wanders on to Naruto or Bleach?

I just couldn't bring myself to watch Naruto with English dubs, even though Cartoon Network has been showing a marathon of it. I think the anime and the manga are on near equal grounds, though. Only thing I wish the anime would do is catch up with the manga. I noticed that you had mentioned enjoying Rahxephon. I found it funny that the older female that helps the main character, and the ketarl-ketarl from Outlaw Star, have the same voice actor. v_v;; One of the most irritating voices I've ever heard. I'm currently addicted to "Kaze no Stigma," "Kekkaishi," "Darker than Black," and "D.Gray-man." I've also been reading the manga "Bitter Virgin." That manga is sick and wrong, but that's just because it's on a subject shunned by society.

What's Bitter Virgin about Smupkins? The way you describe is making me really interested. Anyone here ever watch Marmalde Boy? I seem to keep finding older series to interest myself with to balance out the new wave and Marmalde Boy is one of those older ones I think is working better as an anime than as a manga since I've managed to find the subbed version instead of the dubbed version. I also recently found Orphen, Slayer and just started Utena. I feel ashamed I haven't watched Utena or Rayearth yet but now is a good time to start.

Bitter Virgin is a manga about a girl who's afraid of all men. The main character is a boy who can be thought of as a total "player." One day, while hiding from doing work, he hid within an abandoned church. When the girl showed up, he hid himself within the confession booth. With him pretending to be a priest, so as not to get caught, she tells him about her past. She had apparently been molested by her step-father to the point where she was impregnated, and she had an abortion. He continued doing it, and she was once again impregnated. Knowing that she would never be able to give birth again, if she were to have another abortion, she gave birth to a baby boy, which she put up for adoption. She felt bad because it was that child's birthday. After that day, the main character becomes quite enamored by the girl, and goes out of his way to not make her uncomfortable or sad.

Yay, a manga topic! I love reading manga, but not really watching anime because manga you can take with you in a book, but you've gotta have something that plays video to watch the anime.

My current favourite is FMA, but my all-time favourite would be the Usagi series by Stan Sakai.

See, my favorite manga is Angel Sanctuary, but I think it's a tie for my favorite animes between Yu Yu Hakusho, Vandread and GunXSword. While manga may be convenient with the whole "take it anywhere," I always have my laptop with me, so I can watch as much anime as I want. Yeah, I'm a tech geek :headset: , but I blame it on my job, since I'm always working with computers. But back to the point. Whether you prefer manga over anime, it's your choice. I, for one, prefer anime because they tend to release new episodes each week. :rambo:

I always hate when that happens, seems like everyone is up to date on an anime except you. The comes the dirty task of deciding if you want to dodge people so they don't divulge the juicy details of what happens before you get to see it.

GAH!

I haven't posted in a few days.

I hate when that happens, too. Luckily most of the people who are into anime that I know follow the geek code of not spoiling stuff unless you ask to be spoiled, lol.

=]

It's a really unusual topic I've never imagined as a potential story. Also, I found Wallflower at Barnes and Noble Mini-Chan, it looks really interesting and I'm gonna pick up the first few volumes when I get some more money and head down there next if they still don't have Bleach vol. 13. I'm also tempted to see how Trigun Maximum and Death Note are, those both look good.