The Anime/Manga Thread

fun_time_mathias

It's a really unusual topic I've never imagined as a potential story. Also, I found Wallflower at Barnes and Noble Mini-Chan, it looks really interesting and I'm gonna pick up the first few volumes when I get some more money and head down there next if they still don't have Bleach vol. 13. I'm also tempted to see how Trigun Maximum and Death Note are, those both look good.

Awesome! Death Note was reallly good for me even though it's reallly serious. lol. Trigun Maximum, that's so funny. X3

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're like me, and you think the Naruto anime was kind of annoying, then you'll definitely enjoy the manga more than the anime. The manga was pretty good, and they've gotten quite further than the animated series. The only time I'll watch Naruto now is when I know that they're going to unveil something that I've been looking forward to. :mario: Yeah, I'm a dork. But that's what makes me so awesome. :hairy:

I have friends who are really far in and I feel so far behind and doomed. Anyone here ever read Saiyuki and Saiyuki Reload?

I keep missing it, which is a shame too since I'ev heard good things about it. Just curious here, anyone here ever read or see Wolf's Rain? I thought of that since I haven't watched it in a long time and I miss it.

I've seen most of Sayuki, Sayuki Reload and the later season (which I can't remember the name of). I've also been watching Blood+ whenever I get the chance. Also, I do remember Wolf Rain, and I remember watching every episode with my buddy, Karlin.

I only watched a few episodes of Wolf's Rain on CN when it was on, but I though it was pretty neat.

I've been trying to catch Blood Trinity lately on CN's [adult.swim].... at least I think it's called Blood Trinity, lol. It's pretty cool too, but I missed a number of middle episodes and I caught the first ones and some of the latest ones = confusion. =P

Well, with any luck I may be able to grab a few volumes of manga on saturday since I'll be heading down to Barnes and Noble and a few other stores with two friends. Quick question, even though it's not true anime, does anyone here besides me watch Avatar?

Avatar was freaking awesome! Any idea when they're bringing it back? I've seen every episode, and I want to continue seeing every episode. I <3 DVR. Oh, and I'm thinking of going out and buying a few manga, myself. I like anything with a lot of violence, blood, gore, that kind of thing. I also like fantasy and such, so if it could incorporate that as well, it would be awesome. Anyone have any suggestions? o_O

Only problem with that is that I've already finished that series (Sayuki). I really want to find a new anime, one that will just make me smile from all the violence, but I don't want one where it's nothing but gratuitous torture. A little here and there is fine, but nothing overwhelming. :glasses:

Hmm, FMP has some awesome action for a giant mech based anime with plenty of humor along the way. You could also go with Evangelion if you haven't seen it already, or maybe see about Elfen Lied I think it was called. That's just about the bloodiest anime out there besides Gantz maybe. Elfen Lied and Gantz would work for you.

Has anyone here seen the anime "Monster" by Urasawa Naoki? It's the best and probably the most underrated anime I've seen so far. It's a masterpiece! You guys should watch it. It's a psychological thriller that never fails in consistency. :P

I've not yet seen Gantz, though I did already see Elfen Lied. That was a great anime! Now, I tried to watch Monster, but the plot seemed so dry that I just couldn't get into it, even after six episodes. v_v;;

Elfen Lied is one of those animes that you either have to be a fan of blood and violence, or a fan of blood, violence and half naked women. That's what that anime consists a lot of. v_v;;

Basically that is Elfen Lied in a nutshell, I've heard of Monster but never been able to find it sadly so I will do that one day.

Yep, no problem. I also recommend Tenjou Tenge, Kekkaishi, Kaze no Stigma, Darker than Black, Claymore, D.Gray-man, Busou Renkin, Black Lagoon, and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. They're all on here. If you like violence, then I'm sure you'll like Black Lagoon. :glasses:

I'm much more of a Shoujou and Story guy myself, I like my fair share of violence every once in a while but I'll stick to my sappy love stories usually unless it's Bleach or Naruto or Saiyuki or Trigun or something akin.